(IR) IR Interlude, Turn 5 - Turn 6 (Thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
Alzem and Kalanyr:

If you can convert my two ghostly NPCs into humans or celestials (based on Edena's ruling), then do so. I think humans would probably be the easiest to do.

Serpenteye

First Post
Maudlin said:
Meanwhile, the following of Annatar has spread, and is growing daily.

He now has several dozen acolytes, travelling the land as he does, though these make use of a large ruby stone to take away the pain of the suffering, as Pelor has not blessed them as deeply as the Lord of Gifts himself. His ministrations now reach throughout the affected regions to the northwest, and also all the lands still being hurt by the Shade Poisoning and the fumes from the Blood Waste. So much suffering!

Of cource, since the faith of Pelor is illegal in the Union of Oerth he will not be able to operate there. If he would try acting as a cleric of the God Emperor he will find that quite impossible since the Church of Aerdi is extremely well organized and does not allow "freelancers". All non-military clerics are required to report to the local clerical district once a week to undergo thouough examination and clerics in the military get even less freedom of movement. His message is also an exact opposite of the dogma of the God Emperor and the people would realize this.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Thank you, Alzem.

I appreciate your help. Also, here is something you should know.

For Alzem Only

[color={firstaltcolor}]Alzem, this is your Staff speaking. I can safely tell you that using the True Staff of Ancient Penumbra is going to be completely impossible. When you hold it in your hand, it will attack you with 3d4 Admixtured Meteor Swarms a round unless you over come its ego, and even then it will only cease its attacks.[/color]

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
Freeform

Well I think it would just be easier if you just give me all your stuff and call it even :) That way you can get some sleep

William Ronald

Explorer
The Kevellond League and the Oerth Alliance will try to follow the Dark Union's lead in food stuffs. We see what useful plants can be found elsewhere on Oerth and beyond. We ask that Kalanyr's people try to augment and enhance crops. (10th level bio-engineering)

Kalanyr: Do download the Netheril and Cormanthyr Forgotten Realms supplements from WoTC's download sites. They will give you a lot of good ideas about what you can do with 10th level magic.

The clerics of Pelor use COMMUNE and other divinations to determine if Annatar is really one of their gods followers or someone using a name for another end. As I recall, urging people to give up and die is counter to Pelor's teachings. See the LGG for details.

A new weapon is invented in the Kevellond League: a gun that squirts holy water, much like a flame thrower. If Oerth Alliance members and the Union of Oerth wish for the plans of the weapon, they receive them in secure diplomatic seals.

To Forsaken One only:

I shall consider not eating anymore corpses however you are taking away my character's niche, as yours would possibly be your formian queen's telepathy, please understand and respect that if you can.

To Creamsteak only:

Feel free to temporarily occupt all my lands except for the fellands, I think everyone with a (secret) will know why, I will be building up for a turn or two and maybe get your 'mandate of heaven, depending on Edena's ruling about the simulacrums.

To Edena only:

Hellmaster Phibrizzo will send out some of his forces, all three of his hell lords and 4 simulacrums of himself (unless you change your ruling) and research/search for an artifact with the ability to control ALL constructs. (Including simulacrums)

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
RULINGS AND ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS

Kalanyr

Are all powers capable of research/civ advancement while in their Secret Retreats or are only some powers capable of this?

ANSWER: All of them.

Official Janitor of the IR (Kinda dangerous for a cleaner though)

ANSWER: Yes, it is! :D

- - -

zouron

*illusions and despair, darkness and corruption, emotions gone, thus is the surrounding of the being
and the swirling vortex before it, it glances around the empty cave, the floor almost smooth from
centuries of tireless undeads working and cleaing the cave, the beings eyes glow with a pale light ,
yet it doesnt illuminate the cave as if the surrounding darkness eats up the light, its eyes sees nothing has change yet nothing is the same, time has passed another turning of the moon has ended. The being turns to the vortex and reaches into the mist caressing the dreams of the dreamless life, bringing with its touch horrors and corruptions not yet to be found anywhere, and soft promises of an oblivion to come where nothing is.*

"Words spoken, voices travel."
"Death comes, Blood flows."
"Life perish, Seed grow."
"Speakers of Dust, Death foretell."
"Listen not, Nothing comes."
"Sorrow brought, Damnation granted."
"Desires perish, Light vanish."
"Emptiness remains, Oblivion ours."

*The being mouth opens as if to laugh, but no sound escapes the darkness around it. Beyond the mist of time, A bringer of Void awaits, armies of the dead stands ready side by side for countless eons, time might come soon, yet it might never come again. The being gestures and a dark tome floats through the air to its hand, the being opens the book of damnation and with the letters of the Void enters the following words

"The Dead shall only one master have."
"Oblivion shall be spoken to all."
"Darkness shall consume the land."

The being closes the book slowly and gently runs its fingers over the cover almost as if to please the dreaded tome with the touch of dead. The being motions and the tome vanishes once more, lost to
those who seek and feared by those who live.*

ANSWER: That does it. Everyone in the IR know now exactly where Zouron the PC is. He is in Ravenloft, and you know precisely where in Ravenloft!

- - -

Spoof

Secret stuff so do not remember

These are not the droids you are looking for.

ANSWER: Don't worry. They are inventing more droids right now than you can shake a stick at.
Supergolems, battlemechs, flying golems, exploding golems, you name it, they're building it.

Edena this was a proposal i send to other in the POreth alliance and would like to know what you think of this and if it would work.. Strictly by the numbers I think it might. And Yea I know you are a guy I just think faster than I type, so sorry about the her thing /me pounds head
Ok when I started here is some information that Edena sent to me, and I am sure you all know it also

ANSWER: It's ok. This IR has neuterized me.

A primitive culture can have very advanced weapons, and often do in novels and films.
For every 3 PL devoted to advancing your civilization, your Power advances one extra year (in addition to the one standard year per Turn) into the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution.
For every 10 years of advancement, the PL of the countries you hold goes up.
S (or small countries) gain 1 PL. M (or middle sized countries) gain 2 PL. L (or large) countries, gain 3 PL. LL (or empire-sized) countries gain 4 PL.

Ok now most of you have a Civilization rating of lets sat 1550 and mine is 1881 for a difference of 331 years, for a whole lot of PL gain in net for the difference in Civilization.
Ok now for every 10 years your Civilization advances your countries gain PL right. So instead of giving 10 PL and losing 3 Perm for research just give me population. Now this PL you would lose permanently but think of the gain.
For every 1 PL you give me I would gain (figuring my Island is Medium sized) 66 PL for research. So now we gain 6 points in the magic race for every 1 Pl you sacrifice. Lets say 5 people gave 10 PL loss permanently. That would equal out to a net gain of 3300 PL gain for me. Edena what is your thought on this?
/me rubs hands together and prays
Cackle

ANSWER: Uh, I got lost about halfway through that. Can you try that again?

- - -

Tokiwong

Malachai Prepares

In repsonse to the actions of Forsaken One moving into the Godspires Malachai mobilizes his forcs that were still at the ready and moves into the Godspires, the banner of his empire flying high, he will issue a command for the formians to stand down, if not then bloody combat shall ensue...
OOC: Sending a 100 PL force into the Godspires... I am aware I cannot attack just missed the opporunity last night... but that ill be what he does when the IR restarts...

ANSWER: Heh. On Turn 6, it's gonna be war! Between Forsaken One and Tokiwong, at the least.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

For Edena ONLY, Shade actions for Interlude:

1.) We move our Secret Base underground, miles below the surface, protecting entries with traps, we are also spreading Shadow Poison there, but not on the surface. We use 10th level magic to create anti-scrying Mythal, would it protect us from 11th level scrying?

ANSWER: No. Nothing will protect you from 11th level magic except 11th level magic.

2.) We continue full out production of Red Steel, Dragons are also equiped with it.

ANSWER: Ok. Your Red Goo Rating remains sky-high.

3.) We produce more Negative/Shadow Energy Accumulators, like one we used when Shadow Throne was besieged, HOWEVER, this time they are powered with nuclear energy and 10th level magic. We also mass produce rifles that fire clouds of Shade and Negative Energy.

ANSWER: Allowed. You can now pulverize landscapes with detonations of negative energy.

4.) We use 10th level magic to help in the spread of Blood Waste, infusing it with Negative energy and countering Kalanyr`s efforts to stop its spread. Our spellcasters on Oerth use Shade Embassy at New Doraaka as secret base of operation.

ANSWER: This is going to get Tokiwong killed, I think.

5.) Finally, protected from insanity by 10th level magic, we contact The Elder Ones! We adress them with great respect, even offering some sacrifices, they are informed of our intent to open the Material Plane for them. But we also inform them of the great might of Aber-Toril, and rising power of Oerthians, that might be a match even for the powers of Far Realms! So we offer our full support, and likely support of our allies, in conquering of Oerth and Toril, then other worlds. We also share with them all information aquired from this captured Phaerimm, concering Toril defenses. As a reward for our deeds, we ask Elder Ones to let us rule Oerth, as their vassals. Do they accept this offer, Edena?

ANSWER: They state you shall be their joyful chattel, once you release them from imprisonment.
You still need 11th level magic to do that.
However, it is possible they could be released earlier.
If you could find and break the Staff of Ancient Penumbra, it would release them instantly.

- - -

Spoof

More stuff

Edena I will look for the Mythal information later today but here are some things I want to do with it.

1. Everyone who is an ally of mine will no longer age while under it – enemies will age at the rate of 10 years/second

ANSWER: The first power is allowed. The second one, is not. Even Mythals can't do that!

2. ALL magical research held under the Mythal is 4x as effective and 1/3 as dangerous i.e. for ever 10 points of PL spent on research 4 points are gained in the Magical arms race and 1 point lost permanently.

ANSWER: It becomes twice as effective, and half as costly. NOTE: ANY Power with 10th level magic can pull this stunt.

3. All friendly units are healed of all diseases and ills + feel rejuvenated and do not need to sleep.

ANSWER: Allowed. Healing of severed limbs and major injuries takes several hours to several days.

4. A permanent gate to Hope Island on Toril so I can move Tech between worlds to facialiate any research, and bring over my Tech from Toril. (A whole lot of safeguards on this one)

ANSWER: Allowed, but the Torilian Border Guard must ok every crossing into Realmspace (Forrester must give you permission on a case by case basis, or a blanket permission, which is unlikely. Or, if you don't like that, you can choose to fight Forrester ...)

Also I want to place a Mythal over the Blood Waste possible with the help of Kalanyr using assisted magic to free the souls of those trapped in the goo at a much faster and nonstop manner. Sort of like the bacteria used to clean oil spills. Also use a 10th level True ritual on this Mythal if at all possible.

ANSWER: The Mythal fails.

Also with the gaining of 10th level magic is My Pl still cut in half from Toril or do I now get the full number. I am also going to use all my magic and tech from both worlds to try and discover what the Red Death is that the Angels told me about and Forrester knows also. If the UC on Toril knows I will inquire of them also as to why Forrester has such a massive army in Realmspace, and what he is guarding against.

ANSWER: It is still cut in half. The Red Death is a monster that corrupts magic. All magic, period. All who are innately magical are corrupted. All who dare to use magic are corrupted.
If the Red Death comes to Oerth, you have had it.
And of course, all this use of Red Goo is slowly opening the door for this monster.

All my troops will now be augmented with 10th level magic of course. I will also continue to create the Golems I was before. With 10th level magic I will create Physic dead rings for all my commanders and people of importance to create the 15’ radius Physic dead area around them for their protection.

ANSWER: Very well. Remember that a 10th level attack with psionics will blast through your defenses, in all likelihood.

- - -

Maudlin

To the UO:

Since you're going to war against the considerable number of undead in your realms, I am compelled to remind you that aside from your own undead (represented in nearly every region under your control), everyone still inhabiting my former holdings had undergone the Becoming, gaining unlife. That amounted to about 35 PL when we were still counting, I think.
This just about amounts to cutting off your own right hand before it strangles you, and no chainsaws in sight.

ANSWER: No comment. You will soon have undead problems galore.

- - -

Mr. Draco

Maudlin, you're wrong, we do have a chainsaw.

Edena, in our efforts to destroy all our undead, we employ all the supertrolls/superdragons.
Also, we will intensify our search for the other two artifacts.
Finally, to make up for our losses in PL from undead, we will increase production of our new supertrolls/superdragons. (i.e.- will spend the effort producing them that we did producing undead). This is our only dealing with red goo.

ANSWER: Dealings enough, Mr Draco. The Union of Toril continues to have a sky high rating concerning the Red Goo.
But ... now that they've rolled out the new monsters, everyone gets a good, long look:

They are dragons with all of the following abilities:

Immunity to lightning, acid, and fire
Demonic abilities
All dragon abilities
All troll abilities
A breath weapon of Red Goo, with the same effects, usable without limit (it does not, however, remain after dissolving all targets but the bare earth.)

The trolls have all the abilities of the dragons (including flight), but they do not have the breath weapon.
Instead, they have the Goo Touch (yes, opponents dissolve.)

Both dragon and troll radiate a red light, because Red Goo was used in their creation.

Some of these are special versions that, instead of firing Red Goo or having the Goo Touch, drain life energy instead.

And you thought the Union of Oerth had turned to the good side.
They've been researching this all through Turns 4 and 5!
You, were mistaken.

Oh yes, I must point out that both troll and dragonform have Red Steel skins and armor plates, and are additionally fully armored in Red Steel.
You need truly tremendous firepower (such as a Wish, Prismatic Blade, Prismatic Sphere, Disintegration, Sphere of Ultimate Annihilation, Black Blade of Disaster, 10th level magic, or a near hit by a nuclear weapon) to kill the darn things.
And then, they still regenerate, unless totally obliterated.

- - -

Mr. Draco

Edena, we do get to count the Military District of Luna, and the Military District of Polaria, as at least small size countries right?

ANSWER: Both are size LL countries. Of course, other powers may contest you for these places.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Red Goo effect.

So there are no specifique results of using red steel for me? except the hardening.
And You need templates... for turn 6...? I am not willing on posting them on the boards :/ You know as well as everyone that there is going to get metagamed as hell.

ANSWER: Actually, I won't need any Templates for Turn 6.

The Formians have now developed half-formian half-machines.
These cyborg Formians are dressed in Magically Powered Red Steel (think of Powered Assault Armor) with high powered cannons and machine guns attached.
And then, there is the Formian Screech, which shatters whole landscapes when shouted by ten thousand Formian throats.

Your Red Goo rating, Forsaken One, is sky high.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Nooooo!!!

<< NOOOO! >>

Anabstercorian lets out a scream of absolute horror and despair as the Staff is torn away from him, along with most of his hand, by Alzem. Those few who are close enough to see this event are privileged to see something that few other mortals have ever seen - Anabstercorian, afraid.

The staff instantly blazes to life, emerald eyes glowing.
<< Infidel. >>
A thunderous, cataclysmic blast surges from the staff, washing off of the now protected Alzem like water from Oil, but completely annihilating everything else around him, aside from Anabstercorian. Enveloped in pure destructive energy, he struggles to control the staff, and at last forces it to submit to his will, at least partially.
As the smoke clears, revealing both Alzem and Anabstercorian horribly wounded, bleeding quicksilver light and black ichor, Anabstercorian stumbles backwards, eyes wide. Ichor pumps from the ragged stump of his hand.
<< You... I'll destroy you yet, Alzem. You will be utterly violated for this insult! So speaks the Chosen of Ilsensine, the Liason of Dead Memory! >> He closes his eyes, using the last of his psionic power, and vanishes.

The battle still raging, Alzem looks down at the staff in his hand. It's all he can do to keep it from killing everything in sight, and it looks at him with naked malevolence...

ANSWER: Anabstercorian, don't feel too bad. If they break it, the Elder Ones are released.
If they don't break it, the illithid of several dozen Crystal Spheres are currently gathering to come to Greyspace and take it back - it is utter and intolerable sacrilege to all the illithid race that this staff be in the hands of Celestials.

- - -

Mr. Draco

edena, whatever happened to the two other artifacts we were searching for? You only replied about the annulus...

ANSWER: Mr Draco, you have discovered the Sword of Kas can fire tremendous gouts of negative energy.
One such blast will level an army of a thousand men.
In a few hours, you could melt a mountain into a puddle of black goo, by firing blast after blast at it from the Sword of Kas.

In addition, the Sword of Kas will cut through all known substances, including Red Steel.
It will even cut through defenses put up by 11th level magic.

- - -

Maudlin

Draco: I don't think it matters anymore... it's freeform from now on. (<- the standing of the military bases, I meant)
Anab: I'm not sure that ruling should be seen as gospel yet, there seems to have been a little confusion concerning the circumstances of our attack
*lols at the 'flexible' remark below*

As I said, if Alzem breaks the Staff, the Elder Ones come.
If he doesn't, and doesn't give it back to Anabstercorian, an illithid fleet the size of the assault of New Umbra on Toril is coming for Greyspace.
Of course, if he gives it back, with apologies, to Anabstercorian, neither of these things will happen.

- - -

Anabstercorian

I'm nothing if not flexible, and besides, I like writing about Anabstercorian and his exploits.

ANSWER: (chuckles)

- - -

kaboom

For Edena only!
How is the 9 HP bats project?

For everyone:
Just how free-form is the IR now?
Will we still have the arms races?
Will we still have templates?
Will we still have the lists post?

ANSWER: You just made the breakthrough on the 9 hit point bats.
None of you know this IC, but Kaboom has invented a race of bats.
Attack one, and it splits into two. They have one hit point less than the original.
Attack the two, and they split into four, with 2 hit points less than the original.
The 4 become 8 (3 hps down.)
The 8 become 16 (4 hps down.)
The 16 become 32 (5 hps down.)
The 32 become 64 (6 hps down.)
The 64 become 128 (7 hps down.)
The 128 become 256 (8 hps down.)
If hit, the 256 bats die.

However, Kaboom should have 17 hit point bats ready by the beginning of Turn 6 (512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8000, 16000, 32000, 64000)

By Turn 7, Kaboom will have 32 hit point versions of this bat (128,000, 256,000, 512,000 ... do I really need to go the remaining 13 steps?)

You don't know this IC.
If anyone attacks Kaboom, on some pretense, metagaming to stop him from achieving his end, I will give him 33 hit point bats NOW, and not wait until Turn 7.

- - -

Spoof

As Anabstercorian steps back to leave Alzem wonders if he should stop him from leaving, but decides that there has been enough bloodshed for today.

Looking down at the thing in his hand Alzem knows that he can destroy this staff but knows that he should not. It is not his place to destroy the Relic of another God, no matter how warped. Alzem then notices the horrid wounds inflicted upon his body and with a thought heals himself fully, leaving not a mark upon his body.
Alzem then turns to the Host that has gathered and thanks them for their assistance and to asks them to ensure the refugees make it to Safe Harbor (the new Island). Alzem will them proceed around the battlefield using his magic to return those who died back to life, healthier than they were before they died – (10th level cleric spells No level loss for resurrection.)

ANSWER: Kalanyr was the only Power with 10th level magic. LOL. But I am assuming Kalanyr heals everyone.
Alzem then closes his eyes and sends forth his power to heal the lands affected by the recent battle and to take all those who wish to leave back to Safe Harbor, to begin a life of meaning.

ANSWER: That does NOT work. Your battle greatly increased the power of the Red Goo, and it cannot be slowly or easily undone.
The power of the Red Goo can be lessened, but it takes time, and it takes a willingness for peace, and abstaining from battles.
And nobody is going to do that, so the power of the Red Goo is just going to grow, and grow, and grow.
Better get 11th level magic, and stop it, before it brings the Red Death upon you all.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Here's what the Staff has to say about that.

<< It is not within your power to destroy me, Solar. I am the Staff of Ancient Penumbra. My wielders have destroyed foes hundreds of times more dangerous than you. Only your cowardly, simpering foolishness allowed you to escape my wrath intact. >>
It glows with an evil light.
<< Only one thing can destroy me, and Anabstercorian waits for you with it. Can you find it? I don't think you can... Know this! Should you break me, as though with a Retributive Strike from a Staff of Power, the sun will be snuffed out for a year and a day! The surface world will wither and die, should you be so foolish. >>

ANSWER: The Staff can be broken. What will happen is the release of the Elder Ones, which is far worse than what you just described, Anabstercorian.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Warning! The following message is secret, and only for Edena! Skip this post, or risk metagaming!

Warning!
Warning!
Warning!
Warning!
Warning!
Warning!
Warning!
Warning!

Edena, Anabstercorian has left his Secret Place after being healed and prepared for vicious battle and has returned to the Penumbral Hub, the abandoned capitol of the Illithid empire. It is a Ringworld made of pure Substare that spins at solarsynchronous orbit around a yellow star. Although it has been ruined for milennia, portions still retain atmospheric pressure. Only throwing the Staff of Ancient Penumbra in to this specific sun, thus snuffing it out, can destroy the Staff. Teleporting it or Gating it is not possible, due to an ancient series of Mythals that cover the surface of the star.
While this might seem overpowering, keep in mind that I have no more power over this place than anyone else - It is an exotic locale, and nothing more.

Warning! The above message is secret, and only for Edena! Skip this post, or risk metagaming!

Warning!
Warning!
Warning!
Warning!
Warning!
Warning!
Warning!
Warning!

ANSWER: Is this the IR, or is this Lost in Space? :)

Heed the Warnings, folks - break the staff, and the Elder Ones come.
Don't break it, and the illithid come.
Give it back to Anabstercorian, nicely, and nothing comes.

- - -

creamsteak

About me and Sollir,

Sollir agreed to join my table. That means that I am at his service and he is at mine. I may have "invaded" his forces lands, but he still has every right to them. We planed on becoming a cumulative country anyway. I had no intention of forming an "invasion" as Edena posted, but yes, 25 PL is a bit large for a scouting mission.
Sollir, you have every right to remain in the Riftcrag and Delrune as a member of my table.
You also have every right to act independantly of my forces. We planned on unifying our borders anyway... so this could work out for us.
Tell me what you think of this... because I meant to protect your countries from attacks from someone else since, apparently, your forces were missing. I did invade Anabstercorrian, however.

Wait for Sollir to post before making any judgements on this.

ANSWER: Well, the elves of Delrune have shown their true color (and although they are green now, that isn't what I meant.)
They have joined with the merciless, bloodthirst, ravage/rape/pillage people of the League of Warlords, led by their Hellmasters.

And the League of Warlords has joined with the frolicking, frivolous, green, elves.

- - -

Forrester

EDENA -- you said that it is at least five turns until anyone gets 11th level magic. And five turns until we can bring it into Greyspace.
I can't help but ask: what is changing that allows us, in five turns, to bring 11th level magic from Realmspace into Greyspace?
I also can't help but ask: Why would an Oerthian power be prohibited from researching 11th level magic at such a pace as to get 11th level magic in three or four turns?

ANSWER: Because I want everyone to have a chance to remain in this IR (no matter how silly or ridiculous it becomes :) ) for another 5 Turns.
Once 11th level magic gets into this, all bets are off.
11th level magic TRULY transcends the game.
With it, they can become like the Gods.
They can remake the planet, or destroy it.
They can also obliterate each other, all in a single Turn, and probably obliterate all of Greyspace with them.
So, I am disallowing 11th level magic for another 5 Turns.

- - -

Spoof

Here is what the staff actually says

(rest of article deleted)

ANSWER: No, HERE is what the Staff REALLY says, to Alzem.

Little being, know that you are doomed.
You presume to be what you are not, and can never be.
Break me, and die.
Hold me, and die.
Grovel and kneel before your true master, your rightful master, Anabstercorian, and ONLY through doing so do you have ANY chance of living.
If he is so merciful, he may permit you to be his slave.
Do not comply, and watch as the True Race annihilates ALL of yours and your allies.

- - -

Forrester

That's like saying an Anti-Magic shell could stop a 10th level magic effect. Ain't gonna happen.

ANSWER: That's right. 10th level magic will blast right through an Anti-Magic Shell.

I'm skeptical that your psionic-dead zone can cancel psionic abilities of the 10th and 11th level, and it seems to me that given this thing is an exceptionally powerful artifact, it's probably immune to said zone. Just my opinion.

ANSWER: It is immune even to 11th level magic. The Staff of Ancient Penumbra is 12th level.

In other news, Edena's head exploded today.

ANSWER: That is quite true.

- - -

Spoof

Private for Edena

Hey Edena I found a way to post stuff for you so while anyone can read it they have to actually try to read it All you have to do is hilight under this to read the message:

Test for Edena:

I believe I stated all I want to try and to this turn untill you ralay what is happening so far. Do you think the plan for the PL boost is reasonable? well just let me know, thanks!

ANSWER: I never understood your plan. But I will say this: if you can get a PL of 3,300 per Turn, then everyone else can.
And if the Powers of Oerth can get 3,300 PL per Turn, just what do you think FORRESTER (who has the resources of an entire solar system at his disposal) can get?!
Explain your plan again. I will consider it (considering everyone else is thinking up instant 10,000 PL plans also.)

- - -

Forrester

Depends on who/what created the dead zone, IMO. For instance, an Anti-Magic field does allow some magic in -- it doesn't knock down a Wall of Force, for instance. And I don't think it actually affects artifacts, but I don't have the PHB in front of me.

ANSWER:

No anti-magic shell, not even a 10th level one, will stop an artifact (an 11th level anti-magic spell will stop anything.)

No anti-magic shell will stop 10th level magic. Only 10th level magic will stop 10th level magic.

- - -

kaboom

I am creating a plague that will kill my spliter beasts and NOTHING else.

ANSWER: You have your plague, Kaboom.

- - -

Spoof

Well then there you go. I have no problem with this, I was just not sure /me really wishes I could have the books at work

ANSWER: There really is nothing in the books (and nothing at all in the 3E books) that covers 10th and 11th level magic.
I'm afraid we've all walked out into the sky, folks, and are walking on air.
The question, seriously, is how long we can do this.
Stick with me through Turn 10, folks.

- - -

Maudlin

Well, there's always the SRD, Spoof.

ANSWER: The Epic Level Rulebook is coming out this summer.
Unfortunately, the IR is now, not next summer (if it - the IR - is still going by the time the Epic Level Rulesbook comes out next summer, I will be delighted, amazed, and quite insane.)

- - -

'o Skoteinos

For Edena's eyes only...

Ruling needed: Will children, born in wormform (but with Orc parents), be able to become Orcs
(and have all their abilities)? If so, then:

***Population Increase***

All people will bread in wormform. This greatly increases the number of births (worms are hermaphodites, thus both worms can have children. After one month, they loose a coccoon in which the small worms houses, and after two months the young are born).

ANSWER: As you can see, GnomeWorks, those spies babbling about Wormform, weren't babbling.
Although you, unfortunately, do not know that IC!

The orcs start reproducing at about 20 times the rate they were reproducing at.
Everything asked above is a yes, 'o Skoteinos.

***Enhanced Vision***

I will try to enhance the vision of my people, either though technology (implants, scanners, infra red targetting equipment) as well as magical (True Seeing, X-Ray Vision, Darkvision).

ANSWER: You need to talk to GnomeWorks IC. His Lortmil Technomancy is up to those things, and you are not, quite yet.

***Better Education***

With the increased intelligence (avarage 14), all Orcs will be taught the basics of magic (1st, maybe even 2nd, 3rd or 4th level spells). I want to increase the number of mages in my country.

ANSWER: Yes, indeed. Up to 4th, 5th, 6th level spells. Up to 10th level for a few gifted individuals.

***Scrying and Spying***

After a month of scying and spying, have I found out anything yet? What about my worms, have they seen anything unusual?

ANSWER: Just what ISN'T unusual, in this IR?
You discover the ultratrolls and ultradragons of the Union of Oerth.
You discover that the Kevellond League has - well, all their people can exude positive material energy, and blow up opponents they touch.
You discover that the Baklunish Confederation has acquired the Cup and Talisman of Al Akbar, and can heal and resurrect fully half of all their losses, each turn.
You discover that Creamsteak and Sollir have united into one country.
You discover that Forsaken One's formians have created an army of super-enhanced, super-armored, red goo enhanced fighters who can emit the screech, blowing apart whole armies.
You discover that every power in the IR is on the verge of having nuclear weapons and 10th level magic.
You discover Kaboom's nilbog-like army of flying bats.

Just a question, but how many people are in 1 PL civilians (in wormform)? I think it'd be very unlike that they haven't found out anything yet...

ANSWER: Don't understand the question.

***Increased Speed***

I will start looking for a way to move more quickly in wormform.

ANSWER: Easily done. If you obtain 10th level magic, you can permanently Haste your entire population, given enough time.
You can throw a 10th level Mass Haste on top of that, and your people will move briefly at 4x speed.

***The Other Continent***

I will send a small force (10 PL) to do some scouting there.

ANSWER: They find the Union of Oerth has claimed it, Black Omega has claimed it, and I think several other people have claimed it, and they are all ready to go to war over it, nevermind the fact nobody lives t here.

***General Questions***

What happends to PL, Civilization Advancement, Magic Research, the Arms Races etc., when this IR goes "freeform"?

PL becomes a general measure of your strength.
For example, you have a 10 or so, while the Union of Oerth has a 30.
PL is not specific, but general - it is not possible for it to be specific with the situation that is developing.

You no longer need the Planar Arms Race, Monster Arms Race, or Construct Arms Race.
You can summon as many of these, or create as many of these, as you think you can get away with.

The Magical Arms Race remains. All Powers will gain 10th level magic prior to the start of Turn 6.
The Technological Arms Race?
Everyone is at World War II levels of technology.
Starting on Turn 6, everyone is welcome to try and invent anything they think they can invent, and I will rule on whether they succeed.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Skoteinus, you are flawed at several points.

1) You cannot give them the enhanced vision int the magical way, in tech mayB you can, depends on Edena's rule if you are capable with your tech level. (magical = 10th effect)

ANSWER: He can, once he gets 10th level magic.

2) You cannot teach them all in magic, that's giving them all abilities = again 10th level magic effect. And teaching someone in magic takes years, or at least many many months.

ANSWER: He can start teaching his people, very quickly. In 3rd Edition, you can become a mage by looking over someone else's shoulder (that is in the Player's Handbook!)

3) Can't send 10 PL there, = mass teleportation on a massive scale = 10th effect.

ANSWER: That is correct. He can only send 3 PL there.

4) Rom je neemt mijn dingen wel erg letterlijk over zoals sneller en sneller voortplanten

ANSWER: That is about the direction this IR is heading in - into the incomprehensible.

- - -

dagger

Maybe I am a little off base here, but I think it is Edena who chooses what can and can't be done by a power.

ANSWER: I am still in control of this IR??! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway, I continue to do what I have been doing.

Root out spies
Build Defenses Above ground and Below Ground
and develop early warning systems.

ANSWER: You have done all of these things, Dagger

- - -

'o Skoteinos

Permanency + any of the listed spells. Some magical implants. A "third eye" with the spell like ability to cast any of the spells. That can all be done with normal magic...

ANSWER: Very creative, 'o Skoteinos.

It will take many years, but if there ever is an IR where Oerth is going to invade Toril, I'm prepraed...and maybe the young worms (=larvae ) mature faster ()

ANSWER: Now, that's the spirit. And it won't take years, either (a point the Angels realized on Turn 5.)

"4) Rom je neemt mijn dingen wel erg letterlijk over zoals sneller en sneller voortplanten."

Beter goed gestolen dan slecht bedancht...:evil.

ANSWER: If I could read foreign languages, you could send me secret messages that way.
Unfortunately, I can only read English.

AND WHY THE HELL DO YOU REPLY TO SOMETHING THAT READ: FOR EDENA'S EYES ONLY!!!
Explain that to me, Christianus Wilhemus Henricus Hulsen...

ANSWER: I have this awful feeling I'm going to be seeing a lot more messages like the one above, real soon ...

- - -

The Forsaken One

Dagger...

Start reading the RULES before you start anything. And he is doing things what 10th was MADE for. So plz don't tell me that he can do just all those things where you need 10th for without it.

And I'm still SO MUCH against the Simucralum thing. Clones ect as well. Rediculous to boost you PL with 8409214890327-5328-17532176483259-3154762 in 1 turn with 10th and Simus and Clones. The whole Simu thing is rediculous, that HUNDREDS of PL for free each turn..... Hope alot of you are against it as well.

ANSWER: I am now going with general PL, Forsaken One, not specific PL. That negates the ability to trump everyone with thousands of Clones or Simulacrums, since that was PL specific based.
Now, PL is a measure of your general overall power.
After all, think of how many Clones Forrester could have made, with 11th level magic, with a whole solar system at his disposal.
Had I used a PL specific system for that, you don't even want to begin to think about what Forrester's PL would have been (but, you can look the number up in the encyclopedia. It's one of those really big numbers that you have to look into the encyclopedia to find, for only astronomers and physicists use numbers of that size.)

And Sollir... you mind if we are going to kill your PC? The PL10 from just eating corpses and increasing you PL cause of beast of Xvim is gettin a bit out of hand so stop eating or we'll kill you (yeah with 10th ). Your not in the picture now but you just got. And I think you might want to fade out again.

ANSWER: He's a piker! Forrester ate all the elves of Evereska in a single Turn equivalent (well, he had the help of an orcish hoard to do it, so he can't take credit in the Guiness Book of World Records for the most elves eaten ... or can he?)
And I am sure the Hellmaster is going to have a lot of corpses to eat, very soon.
Perhaps the whole world, at the rate you people are going.

- - -

Tokiwong

I have to agree

OOC: The simulacrim idea is a bit much... too much power for free... I say... just my 2 pesos... hey I here I some change coming back...

ANSWER: As I said, the discarding of the PL specific rule has made the tactic of creating 50 simulacrums to whelm an enemy Power obsolete.
Those 50 simulacrums, would be wiped out by one screech of the Formians, one positive energy blast from the Kevellond League, or one nuclear bomb from the Lortmil Technomancy.
Not to mention 10th level dispel magics would instantly destroy them (or even the 9th level Mordenkainen's Disjunction.)

- - -

The Forsaken One

And u can't tell me that there is a single person who doesn't read ALL of the posts

That includes you

ANSWER: There is one person who is forced to read all the posts. Me. Be glad you don't have to, if you don't want to. :)

- - -

Anabstercorian

On the True Staff

Alzem, for details on the True Staff of Ancient Penumbra, go to the Rogues Gallery board and look at my character sheet. All of the stats and what not are there.

ANSWER: I've already spoken for the Staff, ruled on the Staff, and ruled on the simulacrums. Read this post, please.

Edena_of_Neith, the bemused Moderator

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

I follow dagger's wise lead in rooting out spies and saboteurs, building up my defenses, and developing early warning systems.

I intensify my efforts to locate the Shade and Acererak and ask others to do so. I try to determine if they are on Oerth (in the same way as other powers are, on or under the ground, in the air, or in the water.), or in Greyspace, or elsewhere.

I think the freeform style will help make this easier for you to moderate.

Forrester:

Hazen wishes to send a representative to speak to the World Congress on Toril? Do you accept?

Also, the illithid fleet may be heading towards Oerth over the Staff of Ancient Penumbra? What action might the UC of Toril and its allies take in this matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads