(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 3)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Page 236 of the DMG should cover that for you Draco...

Edit: On a lighter OT discussion...

When I get my adobe acrobat CD back I am going to publish the 1.1 version of my Final Fantasy Tactics Expansion on the Core Rules. I will post in in the IR threads, and I would enjoy it if everyone here would look it over and give me some feedback. I do know about mistakes that are still in it, but I am still having a headache adjusting the items list.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks for the support

OOC: I am back. I have had a few rough days, but I am better. I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and support. It is hard loosing someone close to you.

Also, I will be busy in the next few weeks, but I am in the IR to stay. I owe it to all of you, especially Edena. That and I consider my promises to be important.

In the middle of a large glade, a silvery, shimmering light is seen. The shimmering light grows to encompass the glade.

Archcleric Hazen of Veluna appears, surrounded by dragons, his armies, and his allies.

Sammel Hain, a man who appears to be in his thirties but is far older, mutters "A short month, wasn't it?"

Hazen laughs, the lines of worry on his face vanishing. He seems refreshed, healed, with a determined yet hopeful visage.

"I interprepted the auguries too literally and forgot that sometimes life and out gods will put us to difficult tests. The secret is to face such tests with courage and remember that you are not alone. Only our willingness to risk everything for Oerth proved our worth."

"I have seen what has transpired in our absence, and heard some amusing speculations about artifacts. (Edena see the April Dragon magazine for some LGG artifacts.)"

"I opposed some proposals for an attack on the Union of Oerth. Some members feared their strength. Ironically, the individual whom I believe is the source of the Union's secret was the one to propose such an attack. I suppose he forgot to mention that. (Last time I checked, the character was a he. Some of his subjects are hermaprhodites. (Hint.)) Perhaps he is trying to play both sides against the middle. However, I long suspected there was a traitor in the midst of the Oerth Alliance. I knew that it was just a matter of time before he revealed himself. Indeed, I thought he had earlier but it was someone else impersonating his forces. So I asked Oerth Alliance members to give him inaccurate information. The debate on technology was most amusing."

"I have no wish to attack the Union of Oerth. They have made considerable moral progress. However, I am alarmed at their new ally who is either a servant of Takhisis or the being that some have called the Father of All and Nothing." (OOC: I have not finished the War of Souls series, but I have my suspicions.)"

"There are those who wonder if the Union secretly desires rule ove all. Your ally seems to desire this. My people will hold true to their faith. Perhaps your actions have been misread by others. You have grown powerful. Some have even said you have grown mighty while others fought. I have taken the counsel of such voices with extreme caution. However, some may wonder at your intentions. You may rightfully question ours, of course."

"To the Union of Oerth, I say consider with whom you are allying. I think you truly underestimate what you are allying with."

"As for the Red Death, I kept it secret as I knew others would try to hasten it. I believe that their is a way for Oerth to solve its problems. Indeed, I have so far heard truths, half-truths, and distortions coming from the conference."

"I will attend the conference in Rauxes. While I have doubts that it will produce anything useful, I will venture it."

"It seems that the masks are coming off. I stand for the rights of Oerth and its traditional gods and cultures. I believe I do not stand alone."

dagger

Adventurer
OPEN POST

Here is the official stance of The Kingdom of Ulek:

If you assist the Shade you are my enemy. The Shade have made war upon my people twice (and other members of the Alliance), thats all I need to say. The Shade have also made war upon the very earth itself, and this is one more reason they are my enemy.

At this point, the only powers that I allow into my lands in any compacity are the following:

Kevellond League
Alzem
Creamsteak
Kalanyr
Gnomeworks
Kaboom
Darkness
Zelda
Uvenelei
Black Omega
and the guy running the Emerald Order.

This does not mean I am at odds with other current allies of the Alliance.

I will speak to this Mina person, I'm curious to here what she has to say.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
William,

Glad as hell to see you back. You understand everything, yes?

By the Way,

IC- Well??? What are you three waiting for. Are you here to prove your faith or not. Do you believe in deeds that save this Oerth from the fate of complete destruction, or do you believe them falshoods. Accept your attonement and Repent!

Mr. Draco

First Post
creamsteak, my copy of the DMG is being borrowed by a friend right now, so, if it's not too much of a problem, could you tell me what it does?

William Ronald

Explorer
Secret post to Dagger, Alzem, Creamsteak, Kalanyr, Gnomeworks. Kaboom, Darkness , Alyx, Zelda, Uvenelei, Black Omega and Forrester.

creamsteak: I am glad to be back. Thanks. I understand what is going on.

I suggest that we talk to each other soon. You can e-mail me at williamwronald. I would use a certain forum but there is a traitor in the Oerth Alliance. I believe he has fulfilled my expectations of him.

I believe the Red Death will take some time to manifest itself. I also think that the Shade are likely to go all out this turn.

Assuming Mina is still there with everyone, Hellmaster takes a visit as well, in his human *boy* form (not girlish Creamsteak ;))

Appearing at the youthful age of around 12, even younger looking-and outwardly more innocent than Mina, Hellmaster greets her, "Hello Miss Mina," The boy takes a respectful bow, "my name is Phibrizzo, but I bet you already know that." Phibrizzo holds his hand out to shake Mina's.

Regardless if Mina accepts or not though Phibrizzo continues, "As you can see this normally boring world, things are stirring up, and I'm glad you're bringing more fun here. Lord Xvim seems to be my current benefactor right now, and he has truely blessed me." Phibrizzo pauses for a moment, and smiles, "But your One God seems very interesting as well, interesting people tend to bring more fun about." Hellmaster thinks, "Say, why don't you tell me more about him when you have some free time? Away from some of these boring old do-gooders, if you won't read Mr. Sanctus' book, I won't think of you any less-we have a mutual relationship you could say."

"Ah, I see the God-Emporer is here, as well as Kas," Hellmaster bows to them, "...and the squid, erm, what's his name? Ah yes, Anabstercorian." A small flash of anger shows in his eyes as Hellmaster gives a wink, returning back to his usual, calm self. "I'm sure there's something you would want to say to me, although it seems like you're a little busy for playing." Hellmaster gives a slight sigh and then awaits expectingly for Miss Mina's response.

Creamsteak

Explorer
What! Without a DMG... why I never... (jokingly)
Here is the direct copy from the DMG
Book of Exalted Deeds: This holy book is sacred to divine spellcasters of good alignment (LG, NG, CG). Study of the work requires one week, but upon completion the good spellcaster gains a +1 inherent bonus to Wisdom and experience points sufficient to place him halfway into the next level of experience. Divine spellcasters neither good nor evil (LN, N, CN) lose 2d6x1000 experience points for perusing the work. Evil divine spellcasters (LE, NE, CE) lose twice that amount. Furthermore, they have to atone (see the atonement spell) in order to gain further experience.
Nonspellcasters who handle or read the book are unaffected. Arcane spellcasters whho read it have 1 point of Intelligence permanently drained and lose 1d6x1000 experience points unless they make a Will Save (DC 15).
Except as indicated above, the writing in a book of exalted deeds can't be distinguished from any other magic book, libram, tome, or so on until perused. Once read, the book vanishes, never to be seen from again, nor can the same character ever benefit from reading a similar tome a second time.
Minimum Caster Level: 19th Weight 3 lb.

OOC: Now that you have read it you realize that Kas would only be minorly affected, unless the book gives him the mental goal of a geas/quest or atonement.

The God Emporer would get pretty burned, however. Because he is the worship that provides his clerics with their magic in most cases. This could spread down the chain if he does not accept the book in his heart as truth.

Mina is a mystery. If she is a direct servant of her god, she could get burned. If she is the incarnation of her god she won't even consider touching this book. If she is just an evil little girl she will simply seek atonement or get a geas/quest.

This is really, really, open to Edena, however. If you read the atonement spell discription it provides that it is not an absolutely specific spell. It is probably the most open ended spell in the PHB, that I have read.

EDIT: NEARING THE END OF THIS THREAD... SHOULD SOMEONE START A NEW THREAD?

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Wouldn't you be protected from any "bad" effects of the book by believing, truly and fully, that what you are doing is "right" and "good" ?

Remove ads