(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 3)

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena, Forsaken One:
Mechanus is the plane of Law. Since the God Emperor is a lawful deity I thought it would be suitable for him to put his domain there. I doubt the lords of Mechanus would disapprove that lawful Gods moved to their plane to strengthen the cause of Law. Since the planes are infinite and the City of Gold is just a tiny, previously unclaimed, part of the plane he has really not taken anything away from the formian queen or Primus. Besides, Gods are all-powerful in their domains, any attacking army would be instantly slaughtered.
The God Emperor sends divine servants to Primus and the formian queen to gain their good will. He explains that the cause of law in the multiverse would be strengthened by his precence in their plane and since chaos is spreading like a plague across the planes Law needs all the support it can get.
______
In Rauxes:
"Welcome, dear invited and uninvited guests, to my city. Welcome to you in particular, Mina of the One God, it is well that you have realised that our causes are one. Your God is also welcome here and in the hearts of my people. She will stand as my equal on Oerth just as I will stand as her equal on Krynn. Thus she and I will join to form a new pantehon and all the people under our rule will be free to choose between us in their worship. Our two empires will join into one great union, The Union of Worlds."
Then the God Emperor, in the form of a beautiful, innocent- appearing young man, radiant in divine power, turns to Alzem. "You blind, arrogant fool. You do not belong on this world, or anywhere else on the prime. Don't you realise that the presence of you and your angels here is a greater threat to Oerth then any among us represent? I know that your Angels are preparing to abandon their guard against the Elder Ones and head towards Oerth to spread war and death here. That I know from your own words, but I know more than that. All over the planes eyes are turning towards Oerth, like they once turned against Toril. The Demons of the Abyss see your armies here, unopposed by any other planars in significant amount. The Devils of Baator see, and they too know that the planar armies of the Shade cannot hope to defeat your celestials. The Slaad see the law that you represent and the Modrons see the chaos that you are spreading. Your presence here is baiting the armies of the planes to come to Oerth, to support you or oppose you. If your Angels come here you will make this world a battlefield of the planes. You have seen the battles of the Blood War? This battle, that you are instigating, will be bloodier by far. This battle will bring the Red Death down on us all, and the Red Goo will devour Oerth and spread, unstoppable, across the Multiverse. Mount Celestia will fall, because of your blind, foolish actions, your unthinking brutality in the name of 'good'. Leave the Prime Material, you do not belong here."
He now turns to the entire gathering. "I do not desire war, with anyone. War would fuel the power of the Red Goo and allow it to become too powerful for even 11th level magics to cure, even if we can get it in time, which a great new war will surely prevent. I suggest we all cooperate against the spread of the disease that's even now eating away at the heart of this world. Mina has generously offered to aid us in that. Regardless of what you might feel about her 'evil' you cannot deny that her power could be of great use to us. I urge you all to think, to consider the consequences of your actions, before you declare war out of bloodthirst or boredom."

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Mina looks at the God Emperor with grave respect.

Then Mina lifts a glass, and toasts the God Emperor.

Aye. To the Union of Worlds.
Krynn and Oerth, under the rule of law, at peace under the One God and the God Emperor.
And under Lord Melkor, as previously agreed.

The living, the dead, the Shade, stand united in peace.

I applaud the effort of the Shade to convince Acererak to join with us in unity.

I fear, unfortunately, that he will not do so ... and this will be very sad.
For Acererak is a very wise and very knowledgable being, and were he to spread his lore and knowledge to those eager to learn, it would be a richer world.

(Mina sighs)

A richer world, in which magic would flourish.
If Acererak would join us in peace.
If he would put aside hate and anger.

(Mina smiles warmly at the God Emperor)

It is an honor to have met you, your Lordship.
It is an honor to fight at your side.

And now, I must go, and talk with another person ...

Aided by the Thorn Knights, Mina teleports away.

- - -

Dagger, you stated you did not understand what was going on.
Someone is at your gates, with the answers.

Perhaps your cities are deserted, but the one Mina is knocking on, is not.

Mina speaks:

I have come to speak, in peace, with the leadership of the Alliance of Oerth.
May I enter?

Edena could you comment on this:

Edena, Melkor is looking closely at Mina during the conference, is the aura that he senses from her roughly similar in terms of power to those of his Avatar? Also what was her reaction when she was adressed by Melkor as Takhisis( I think Melkor has quite high Sense Motive).

Melkor believes that Mina is Avatar of Takhisis, did he notice anything that would support this theory?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Brief answers to some questions

Forsaken One

Edena, I'm not planning to kill the Union of Oerth... But the fact that he is creating a own place to gather petitioners in the Plane of a Intermediate Goddes.. don't think she will allow that.... So I'm wondering what she does about this... Modrons the same.. they like peace and order and no newcomers.....

RULING:

The God Emperor is able to find his own place on Mechanus.
Remember that the Outer Planes are infinitely big. There is always room for newcomers.

RULING:

If Forsaken One does not wish to be contacted, then one of his scouts travelling through the Underdark can be taken by force.
This is an act of war, of course, but it can be done.
This formian can then be given the information, and that formian may or may not take the information back to Forsaken One's people, according to Forsaken One's dictates.

Edena have you got any Idea when WIlliam will be back so we van start our next turn?

ANSWER:

Yes. I am hoping to start Turn 6 on April 1st.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Edena, Melkor is looking closely at Mina during the conference, is the aura that he senses from her roughly similar in terms of power to those of his Avatar?

ANSWER:

Yes.

Also what was her reaction when she was adressed by Melkor as Takhisis( I think Melkor has quite high Sense Motive).

ANSWER:

No reaction. She seemed to consider it irrelevant.

- - -

Anabstercorian

(article deleted)

NOTICE:

Anabstercorian has no power over the coming combined illithid/drow fleets (the United Army of Darkness.)

- - -

That is correct, but Kas has allready agreed that Mina is to be granted safety inside the Union, and she has brought 1000PL of troops here for him to use at his disposal.

ANSWER:

That is the most disturbing thing of all.
I stated (and I mean it OOC) that Mina has brought 1,000 PL to aid the Union of Oerth.
However, only 20 PL of force is apparent, in the hundred thousand Knights of Neraka.
Where the other 980 PL is, only Mina apparently knows.

- - -

dagger

The Kingdom of Ulek (and me) is overwhelmed by what is going on.
ooc I really have no idea what has transpired even after reading it all, haha.
The Emerald Order continues to do what it said it does in its intial charter.

ANSWER:

A new player, Venus, has agreed to play the Emerald Order, which I am going to strengthen due to secret cults rising up in every land.

As for the chaos you perceive - Dagger, Mina is banging at your door right now, IC, to explain it all to you.

- - -

'o Skoteinos

Right, some things that weren't clear:

1) The Vision Project.

First I asked if I could do it. You replied that I needed Gnomeworks. Then Gnomeworks said he was helping me. You replied that *I* needed at least 12 more points in the Tech Arms Race. But now that Gnomeworks is helping me, can the project start, with some chance of success?

ANSWER:

Yes.

2) Gestalt

ANSWER:

I am going to answer this one later.
Right now, 'o Skoteinos, the Gestalt Project adds 6 to your score in the Monster Arms Race.
It is benefitting you in this way.
But the details of the project are confusing me, and I'm swamped with the current situation IC.

Your second project requires the use of a 9th level spell only Chronomancers can use.
You cannot do it.

Your third project is under development. It can be done, but you really need 10th level magic to do it right.
The technological answer will work, but it won't be the equivalent of what you could do with 10th level magic.
As for that wall blocking the way to Riftcrag, you cannot get past it.
Apparently, 10th level magic made it.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr appears at the conference

"Thank you for ignoring my emisaries final speech, but then again every powerful force to appear out of thin air does the same thing so I guess I'm not offended. Do you care to make a reply now? That is Before you bring a pile of evil together and give them 11th level magic whitch everyone who is a major player except myself,The Lortmils and formerly the God Emperor, has somewhere. "

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr appears at the conference

"Thank you for ignoring my emisaries final speech, but then again every powerful force to appear out of thin air does the same thing so I guess I'm not offended. Do you care to make a reply now? That is Before you bring a pile of evil together and give them 11th level magic which everyone who is a major player except myself,The Lortmils and formerly the God Emperor, has somewhere. "

Remove ads