(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 3)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Mina looks at Zouron's character at this point, and speaks:

Your people have been treated the most unjustly of all.

If you will join with the Union of Oerth and the Shade, you will be compensated for your losses.

We will use 11th level magic to raise your fallen.

When the United Commonwealth of Toril is conquered, the Eternal Empire will gain a generous gift of new lands.

The civil war that drove you from your homes will be ended, and you will be the ones given control of your homeland.

You are alone on this world ... I appreciate the difficulty of your situation.

You do not need to remain alone.
Join with us, the new alliance, and you will have powerful friends, and allies to stand with you against those who have threatened you, like the Lortmil Technomancy.

Did Kessel GnomeWorks not say to your comrades in the Godspires: Go home immediately or you will be destroyed with nuclear weapons?
He did say that, and he meant it.

(OOC - he did say that, and I think he meant it.)

Join with us.
There is strength in numbers.
There is strength in alliance.

Help us, and we will help you to a just settlement of your grievances, and we will work to bring back your lost comrades.

I give my word on this.

Forrester

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Melkor speaks to Queen Of Darkness:

- I don`t thnk we need to worry about Torillians too much, if they move against us, Elder Ones will be summonded to Realmspace!

Um . . . yeah. Since Turn 2, we've been protected from anyone summoning the Elder Ones to Toril -- per Edena's instructions. The Angels have been working feverishly since the last IR to prevent the Elder Ones from gaining entrance to Toril; we learned quickly the last IR that most of our problems were being caused not by Torillians, but by creatures and forces from other planes. Which is why the Border Guard got created, and why we don't have to worry about the Elder Ones like we used to.

Edena *specifically* said that the Angels had figured out how to block the Elder Ones from Toril, permanently. And I trust him, and I trust the Angels.

So if you're thinking that you can have a few Shade mages cast an 11th level spell on Toril, and summon the Elder Ones there, you're nuts. Even BEFORE the Angels came upon their solution, such spells/summonings could be immediately counterspelled as soon as they are cast. But that solution wasn't permanent.

I'm guessing that by now the Angels have put into place a barrier/guard that is impermeable to all but perhaps 12th level magics, if that.

Right, Edena? I think Toril has earned a reprieve from the Elder One threat.

Forrester

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
And thus Alzem has kidnapped Ahlissa.
However, the Shade alliance with the Union of Oerth, is sealed and a done thing.

Forrester is correct.
The Angels have erected a powerful defense to keep out the Elder Ones and also the Red Death from Realmspace.
The Elder Ones and Red Death cannot breach this defense.

An attack on Realmspace by mortal beings can penetrate the defense of the Torilian Border Guard (PL 10,000 at least) and the Angels (PL 4,000), but ...

The Angels are going to summon additional help from Heaven.
To actually successfully get through, Oerth is going to have to muster somewhere on the order of 100,000 PL to do it, and they will have to have 11th level magic also.

Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
To the Leader of the Scro Star League:

I was unaware that your forces had suffered a loss at the hands of the Dragon Overlords, my allies might have knows this but we were never informed, of a lot of things it seems. But there is nothing I can do about it at this time, a great evil has come to Oreth, one that will shatter the very reality of this Sphere itself, and could destroy Realmspace also. I have asked the Dragon Overlords and the Knights to assist me in removing this evil from both this world and hers. If you wish to battle them at this time I will not stop you, but understand this by doing so you could very well condemn this world and all who life on it to death, and worse. You would also be condemning those on Krynn, those people who assisted you in the wars on Toril to a fate worse than death. After this war is finished you make take up your actions against the Dragon Overlords as you see fit, until then I ask you to help me, save this world and others, from falling under the influence of Mina and her Dark God.

Forsaken One:

While you have not been an ally, you have never been my enemy. I am asking you now too join with me in removing Mina and her knights from this world. What say you?

To the Union of Oreth:

Unless you want your lands ravaged and your people destroyed then you will send Mina and her god back to where she came from.

Anabstercorian:

I know that we have always been enemies, and you are right one day we shall fight, and only one of us will survive, but now is not that time. I ask you and your fleet that is coming to stand beside me in removing Mina from this land. If Mina is allowed to gain access to this world then the Illithid will never have a place here, they will always be slaves to Mina and her god, never to even have the chance to rise above anyone ever again. All that you have fought for will be turned into dust. So I ask you can you put aside your hatred for me and fight alongside me, if not for the good of Oreth, then for those under your protection (Whatever that Island Is) and for your dream that one day the Illithid will have a place on Oreth?

OOC:Lord Melkor thanks

The kidnapping of Ahlissa was strictly RP and not to take PL for Melkor.

IC:
Edena is it possible to free Ahlissa from Melkor and what was done to her, of not here then in Realmspace. I want to grant her soul eternal rest and to be with the other dead of her race/god.

Edena just so you realize the glow from Alzem was because he invoked tha Avatar power from St Cuthbert.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Mina looks at Zouron's character at this point, and speaks:

Your people have been treated the most unjustly of all.

. . . The civil war that drove you from your homes will be ended, and you will be the ones given control of your homeland.

Mina clearly wasn't around for IR#2.

In which:

1) Zouron was Forrester's ally.
2) Zouron KILLED his own people before leaving.
3) Zouron gave *Forrester* a map to all of his wonderfully powerful magical items and artifacts.

Zouron, old chum -- if you have some sort of grudge against the United Commonwealth, then please let me know! Because I do not believe that Mina speaks for you. We may not be allies any more, but we are certainly not enemies, are we?

Forrester

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Mina regards Alzem cooly:

She speaks:

You call yourself a good and noble being.
And yet, you just stated (as per the post above) that if the Union of Oerth allied with me, it's lands would be ravaged and it's people destroyed.

You openly threaten to kill innocent, defenseless people.
You openly threaten to kill people who had no say in what their leadership did.

You must have it all your way - things must be as you dictate, and nations must ally as you wish them to, and men and women must do as you bid, or they shall be destroyed.

These are your words, not mine.

You are a hypocrite.
You pretend to be what you are not.
You pretend to be noble and lofty, yet you threaten to massacre innocent people.

The Shade joined in alliance with the Union of Oerth, not out of fear or threats, but because they WILLINGLY chose to ally with the Union of Oerth.

Yet you threaten to kill, and destroy, and burn, if all does not go your way.

In doing this, you feed the Red Death.
In your fear and hate, you feed it well.

It is unfortunate that Oerth is graced by your presence, Alzem.
Unfortunate, for your hatred and fear are detrimental to us all.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Scro Star League decides that this one is over their heads, and they are staying out of it.

Especially since the United Commonwealth is a major trading partner of theirs, and they do not wish to offend the UC.

Therefore, they declare neutrality concerning Oerthian Situation.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(Since Kaboom and Creamsteak were at the conference, but neither has posted, I am assuming (quite reasonably, for I WOULD react thus) they are sitting their with their mouths hanging open.)

(Zouron's people are, I am assuming, still writing everything down, and of course they have given no response to Mina.)

(Forrester has sent a representative to the council - otherwise, he could hardly speak there!)

Spoof

First Post
Mina

No Mina I do what I can to save the souls of those you would enslave. I do not WANT to kill anyone, but many times evil has won because good would not fight. That will not happen here. It is not I who feeds the Red Death, but you. If you were to leave this world then none of this will come to pass, and thousands of lives will be spared. Look Mina you have it in your power to save Hundreds of thousands, if mot millions of people, and yet you remain. Is this because you must have it your way, or because you do not care for these people, or simply because you love the bloodshed?

They say a person is known by the mettle of those they keep, look at the people around you, they are known to be evil and seek to destroy this world. And suddenly you are here saying that they are the key to survival, that in itself shows your duplicity in this case. So once again I ask you to leave this world and not return. But we both know you will not, you seek the Red Death to come here, for here there is magic to oppose you, on your world there is none, and you fear it, and seek its destruction.

Remove ads