(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 3)

Anabstercorian

First Post
RAGE

Anabstercorian walks along the Plane of Shadow, towards the last strongholds of the Shade.
The fortress is apocalyptic in scope - Screams of purest agony can be heard from every tower of black stone, every adamantine parapet. The tallest tower fades in to nothingness, at the edge of even Anabstercorian's minute vision.
The entrance hall is long, and empty, guarded by dozens of Helmed Horrors, weapons at the ready. At the far end are two Shade magi, who look at Anabstercorian with interest.
"Lord Anabstercorian," one of them begins, "It is a pleasure-"
And Anabstercorian whips out a Dream Gun and blows his head all over the wall, spraying the other one across the ceiling with a flick of his wrist. He draws the other gun and glares.
<< This is for being so bloody dumb. >>
He blasts open the door in a spray of molten iron and hot plasma and charges, screaming a warcry in his mind...

=====================

Edena, I am removing Forresters wife from Melkor's custody as of NOW. I will use the Dictum to Enthrall any members of the Shadow Council who array against me. If they're half as silly and overconfident as Melkor is, they should be unprotected.

Additionally, I am wearing Shades of Cataclysmic Redoubt. Before I undertook this assault, I stole (or at the very least attempted to steal) a single nuclear warhead from the Eternal Empire of Ana Keri.

I will be detonating this bomb after I leave with Forrester's concubine if at all possible.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Good point...

Hmm.

I don't attack YET, then. But I do declare, openly, my contempt for Melkor and his ilk, declaring my alliance with him utterly null and void.

It might be too late. If Anabstecorian was looking for Shade in Plane Of Shadow, he would find Melkor`s Domain! I know that Gods are out of this game, but if
Anabstecorian comes to me, I don`t think Gods are forced to use Avatars when dealing with intruders in their own realm! And it seemed that Anbstecorian rushed there like an idiot!

Last edited:

Thats a bit unfair, it's a little silly if the person retracts their decision after posting so much about their actions...Melkor didn't say, Oh, if he had protections then I decided not to go there.

Okay Edena I posted this:

Edena, I have a plan to retrieve The Ancient Staff Of Penumbra! I will send my Avatar for this mission, who will cast a version of Alter Self( caster level 200), to disguise himself as Forrester! This way he should be easily able to find location of The Staff, using powerful enchantment( mind affecting) magic if necessary. If caught he will try to cut his way to the Staff, summoning many simulacrums of him, like Vecna did against City of The Gods, and relying on stealth abilities of 30th Rogue/50th Shadowdancer. And Church of Shade followers on Toril will aid him in this task, I am sure we have at least one spy in Commonwealth leadership.After getting The Staff, Avatar will greater teleport to my realm in Plane Of Shadow.

Does it sound like what you posted? I said I would try to gather information passing off as Forrester, than attack!

Forrester

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Actually my original plan was more subtle than Edena made it( see bottom of his post). Edena, remember how I stated in at the end of first IR that Church of Shadeis is trying to put its followers in position of power? They are now all trying to locate The Staff.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And at the end of the last IR I said that we were doing a Toril-wide PURGE of all Shade worshippers, "freedom to worship" notwithstanding.

I'd love to hear how these high-up Shade worshippers have managed to not only evade, but *FOOL* my 11th level thought-reading, scrying, and divinations. Because you'd need to do more than block the scrying -- you'd have to trick it into reading something different. And we're too powerful for you to manage that. After the whupping you got in the previous IR, the Shade is weak on Toril.

You can't just snap your fingers and say "I have people placed high-up in the United Commonwealth" unless you want me to start snapping my fingers and saying that I have powerful outer-planar agents on the Plane of Shadow.

ALSO, I'd like to hear from Edena whether he's now allowing Greater Gods to directly interfere with the IR, up to and including guarding mere mortal prisoners. It seems a bit unworthy. And based on what Edena has said previously, it's not kosher. Of course, maybe some people need their Greater Gods to directly play a part, because it's the only way they know how to have an effect :).

EDIT: Note that my wife/concubines were NOT KIDNAPPED. Only one of my daughters.

ALSO NOTE: Impersonating Forrester, when Forrester is STILL AROUND, has got to be the stupidest move I've ever heard of. You don't think it's a little suspicious to have two Forresters in action?!! Not to mention the fact that a mere pathetic Alter Self is hardly enough to impersonate the smartest wisest most charismatic being on the face of the planet :). But hey, you made your move . . . live with the consequences.

And because you didn't post a response, I'm going to ASSUME that we're still within that 5-minute period after your initial capture. If you choose to not respond within that five minutes -- and given your silence, that might be Edena's call -- VOOM! You're toasted.

(Still waiting to hear answers from Edena regarding my questions, though. Maybe you are too.)

Anabstercorian -- if you can save my daughter, I would consider it a sign of friendship. It wouldn't get you the Staff back, but you'd certainly be that much closer. And I might (NONE OF YOU KNOWS THIS BUT ANABSTER!) be able to give you aid in other ways, to compensate you for your trouble.

Last edited:

Actually Edena was right, Melkor is VERY overconfident and would go for The False Staff after locating it, sorry for criticizing you Edena. But Anabstecorian cannot deny what he posted!

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
To Edena

I'm still catching up, but here's what I'm doing so far:

I send diplomats to all of the new peoples on the newly found continents of Oerth and to the peoples of Krynn. I seek only peaceful relations and trade negotiations. The diplomats are bearing gifts foreign to the new peoples and gold. If possible, I hire someone from Krynn who knows how to forge dragonlances.

I also claim any of Zagyg's demiplanes that are floating around out there (such as the Isle of the Ape).

edit: What age is Krynn at the time of the IR?

Last edited:

Remove ads