(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 3)

Forrester

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Okay, Melkor out of it, we can guard two prisoners effectively!

What do you mean, two prisoners? You don't have my wife. (Any of my wives.) You might have been able to get away with one of my daughters -- barely -- before all of the contingencies placed around them to protect them kicked your ass, but that's it.

Forrester.

What about my Speeda question on last page :)

If you took the liberty to read all the stuff, but since you are ill... well get better soon! We want are multiracial sceming nuclear weapons availabled basterd back!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Anabstercorian

First Post
Okay, this then.

Anabstercorian comes to a screeching halt inches past the front gate. WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING?

He immediately Plane Shifts to the Outlands, trying to calm himself. But he can't. He needs the staff. He needs it so very, very badly. He is shaking in exhaustion and stress and the sheer humiliation of behaving so foolishly.

He trembles. He is afraid. He is confused.

<< What have I done to myself? What fate have I brought upon myself and my people when I took the Staff? As long as Forrester holds the staff I am little more than his lapdog! >>

He snarls. << "Honorary Illithid" my squiggly-spootch! The filthy surface cattle will PAY for his impudence some day... But not yet. Oh, not just yet. Bide your time, Anabstercorian, swallow your pride! You will succeed... >>

He closes his eyes and contacts Forrester....

================================

<< Forrester. Re: Gated Fusion Cannon. Design completed? Prepared for testing? I desire device for purpose of rescuing your daughter. Haste is of the essence - Melkor is foolish and proud and will arrange to consume her should you hesitate in releasing him. My Dictum is powerless against the Shade, with their newfound arcane power, but I think that the Gated Fusion Cannon should provide a compelling argument for defeat. >>

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, what general alignments are the people of the mentioned nations on krynn?

Also, when will turn 6 be starting? I have a rather large IC announcement I need to make before the start of turn 6, and i'm about half-way done with it?

Mr. Draco

First Post
The day has passed beyond our power.
The petals close upon the flower.
The light is failing in this hour
Of day's last waning breath.

The blackness of the night surrounds
The distant souls of stars now found,
Far from this world to which we're bound,
Of sorrow, fear and death.

Sleep, love; forever sleep.
Your soul the night will keep.
Embrace the darkness deep.

The gathering darkness takes our souls,
Embracing us in chilling folds,
Deep in a Mistress's void that holds
Our fate within her hands.

Dream, warriors, of the dark above
And feel the sweet redemption of
The Night's Consort, and of her love
For those within her bands.

We close our eyes, our minds at rest,
Submit our wills to her behest,
Our weaknesses to her confessed,
And to her will we bend.

The strength of silence fills the sky,
Its depth beyond both you and I.
Into its arms our souls will fly,
Where fear and sorrows end.

Edena, when you said Mina, you meant THAT Mina, right?

Hmmmmm......

Interesting,

very interesting...

Serpenteye

First Post
I'm back!

OOC:
Melkor, Edena, Forrester: Doesn't the Shade have 11th level magics in Toril and Realmspace? I seem to remember them getting that in the first IR. That might be somewhat helpful in the sticky mess the Avatar is currently in and might have helped them locate Forrester's spawn. It might also allow them to create 100 demiplanes to advance their civilization in. :)
_________________-

On the plane of Mechanus, in the cold plane of Law a seed burst open. A seed made by divine power fueled by the worship of millions of mortals. Stems of golden light shot out of the seed at amazing speed and expanded into one enormous column. The column rose up through a thin layer of metallic cogs, unearthly voices screaming from the torment of its cancerous growth, until the strain of its weight became too great. One trembling moment of equilibrium, of struggle to hold on to existence, then the great pillar, only twenty feet wide but taller than any mountain on the Prime Material, exploded into a cloud of billions of tiny shards of gold that drifted down towards the steely grey great cog far below. Even as they fell they desperately tried to reunite with each others, clinging and fusing together into drops and lumps of gold, merging into forms that they recognized. Then they were seiced by a directing will, trapping and guiding the chaos into sublime order and symmetry. The rain of debris changed into great blocks, panels, pillars, and pipes, into all the elements of construction, into excuisite works of art and even into perfect replicas of ornamental plants. All of it fell and landed into a precise order, a great and beautiful city.
The City of Living Gold drew it's first quivering breath. The tiny, infant domain of the God Emperor was born.

Already a few lonely petitioners wandered fornlornly about their new home, searching for the right path to take in their new immortal existance, for the right way to serve their God. The Lord saw that they were lost so he created, from the golden walls of the city, inevitables with the faces of angels as his servants to guide the people and spoke words of comfort in their minds. A constant flow of the souls of the dead worshipers poured into the city with each passing day and slowly began to fill the great palaces, forming a society contemplating the perfect worship of their God and Emperor. And the City of Living Gold saw the deepest recesses of their souls and felt their every thought.

__
Mr Draco Wrote:
Also, I'd like to officially pick up the "Chosen of the God-Emperor" template.

The impressive form of a armoured warrior floated in solitude above the great ruby and onyx mosaic covering the golden floor of the vast chamber. An air of supreme confidence exuded from him. His powerful voice echoed trough the chamber as he spoke:
"I have come, God-Emperor, to become your Chosen."
"Done" a softer voice tinged with a hint of amusement cut through the echoes like a knife.
"Done?" Kas turned towards the voice with a slight expression of surprise, "Is that all?"
"What did you expect, Godslayer? Cheering masses? Grandiose speeches? Fireworks? Pain? Bliss? I could give you all that, but I do not particularly care to. There is no need for such things. I reserve my 'special effects' for lesser beings, who are more likely to be impressed. You do feel the change, don't you? You are more than powerful enough to."
"No grandoise speeches, huh? And yes, I do feel something new. A strange presence in my mind, a vacuole of power of some sort, it's yours I presume? Yes, it would have to be. Strange, I thought it would be more powerful than this."
"I am merely a Demigod, you know, though I am close to rising to the station of a Lesser Power. Your power will increase when my power does. And if my power should fall..."
"Well then that it wont."
"Indeed."
"There is much work to be done, many tasks I must attend to. I must take my leave of you 'my Lord'. Thank you."
"You're welcome, Chosen." "And thank you," the God-Emperor said after Kas left.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Serpenteye: Please check your email quickly. My "grand announcement" is done, and i will post it soon. With any luck, it should allieviate some problems...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Could someone please post an extremely short recap on what's going on? I've not really been paying attention lately, and I would like to be brought up to date with the situation once the turn begins...

Thanks in advance.

Remove ads