(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 5)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Gith emissary grumbles:

We are here also to help the Alliance of Oerth.
We have hundreds of battalions up in Greyspace, just waiting for the order to attack.

I won't use a lot of words in these negotiations.
Straight to the point here.

We want land.

An area the size of your Furyondy, for our people.
Ours to do what we want in, to grow food for our fleets, to mine metals for our weapons, and open space for our needs.

We don't want money.
We want the land.

If you will give us the land, our fleets will be happy to start blowing the unholy crap outta your foes, starting right now.
For we are the Gith, the mercenaries of the Spheres, and amongst us are some of the finest fighters in existence.

Last edited:

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Ho Skoteinos steps forwards and introduces himself to Angelika. "I do not believe we have met, fair lady. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Ho Skoteinos, Leader of the Pomarj. I hope you will be a valuable addition to our Alliance."

I don't know who the OA chooses, so I've written a piece for both sides...I (or we, or William) will let you know who we choose.

-----The following piece will be said if the OA doesn't want the help of the Gith-----

He then adresses King Glyfain and Queen Annolae. "Hail King Glyfain of Alphatia, hail Queen Annolae of Thyatis. Your situation is a terrible one ideed, and I will gladly free you from you current posistion. I alone, however cannot do that. I will need the help of other people, the other members of the alliance."

"Your offer sounds very reasonable, and I will gladly donate a sizable amount of land to you, but, as I said before, I alone can not give you the land you need. Though what I can give, I will, and that is The Hold of the Sea Princess, half of The Principally of Ulek and 3/4 of The Pomarj (everything except the northern Pomarj [Red Goo Research] and 1 city [for the tech trading])."

<<Unless other members of the Alliance object, this is what I donate to them.>>

He then glances at their footwear...

-----The following piece will be said if the OA chooses the help of the Gith-----

He then adresses the Gith emmissary. "If you don't want to waste a lot of words, neither will I. Here is what I am willing to give to you: The Hold of the Sea Princess, half of The Principally of Ulek and 3/4 of The Pomarj (everything except the northern Pomarj [Red Goo Research] and 1 city [for the tech trading]).

<<Unless other members of the Alliance object, this is what I donate to them.>>

He then glances at their footwear...

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Dear Gith emissary, King of Alphatia,

as it is not to give what is not in my possession, I can not help you with your land. As for the land in Oerth is wanted and battle can be intens to gain any, the Emerald Order won't stop you in your tracks in your search for land, as long as you don't violate the area which the people of my Order inhabit. As for all help is wanted in the battle versus the Evil and Unholy in Oerth, we hope you can find your place in Oerth. The people of the Emerald Order wish you the best, as we can not do more at this moment."

Then she turns to Ho Skoteinos, saying:
"Hail Ho Skoteinos, leader of Pomarj. I am Priestess Angelika, leader of the Emerald Order. I also hope I can be a valuable asset to the Alliance."

After these words, Angelika takes a look to Mina, waiting for her answer in this conversation.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
A good speech, Serpenteye ... and it works.

The githyanki, hate the illithid.
A hatred that borders on madness, and the God Emperor played to that hate very well in his speech.

The Githyanki Lich Queen is still furious over the defection of her githyanki subjects in Realmspace. That was bad enough.
She is far more furious that they are openly consorting with the NeoIllithid and Deep Illithid of Realmspace.
Not to mention the kender, gnomes and other subhuman races the world of Toril so lovingly embraces, in her view.

The Githyanki Lich Queen speaks icily:

God Emperor of the Union of Worlds, you shall have our support.
In return, you shall give me my due place in your Pantheon.
The Githyanki, will take their fair share of the plunder and conquests on Oerth.
The Githyanki, shall have realms of their own on Oerth.
The Githyanki, shall stand as equals to your own people.

Do you accept, or decline my offer?

"I accept, if you give me your full support. I accept, but your rewards will be proportional to your contribution. The Illithid are my enemies, but they are your enemies to a far greater degree. Together we can destroy them, once and for all." The God-Emperor smiles. "Welcome to the Pantheon. Welcome to the Union of Worlds."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel GnomeWorks teleports into the conference at Veluna City silently. He observes the discussion with what appears to be minimal interest, and speaks only to introduce himself.

"I am Kessel GnomeWorks, ruler of the Lortmils Technomancy." He introduces himself calmly, then leans against a wall to observe. He speaks no more, though he seems to be considering something extremely perplexing.

Spoof

First Post
Alzem, looks at the angel and says:

I have fulfilled my Mandate to the best of my abilities, there is nothing left I can do, except sow more discord, in my gods name. It is time for those I left behind to find their own path. For now I have a task that I must accomplish, the fate of all the worlds could depend on it.

Forrester, yes I will no longer involve myself in the affairs of Oreth, unless Samantha, to whom I owe my life, calls me. I have left leadership of all my troops to Samantha, both those on Oreth and Toril.

Edena the rest of the troops will stay on Oreth, and to be controlled by Samantha. I will give you the revised template with the new PL I have control over 507 + 791 = 1298 (507 for the Original troops as Alzem left 514 – 7 = 507)

Also if any of my friends this weekend wants to take over the Krynn troops then I will let you know and I will get them up to speed and help them make their template.

Samantha also appears at the conference to watch what happens here. She arrives in her battle armor. Wearing bothe the Shield and Armor of St. Cuthbert.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel addresses Priestess Angelika, leader of the Emerald Order. "Greetings, fair lady." Kessel almost laughs, and he seems to be unusually close to madness. "The Alliance can use all the help that any can offer. You are most welcome into our little band."

"As for whom we shall select to be our allies. This is a decision for the Alliance to make in private. I do not speak for the Alliance, but I shall agree with whatever we decide to do as a group."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT

Melkor asked me to play the Shade, but I refused.
Melkor then asked the Union of Oerth to play the Shade, and they accepted.

I am disallowing this, due to a conflict of interest.
As stated by the Union of Oerth to the Shade when they were crushed by the Alliance of Oerth on Turn 3 - that the Shade were idiots, and would be left to die.

I will run the Shade on Turn 6.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
King Glyfain and Queen Annolae seem pleased by the friendly, warm reception they have received.

King Glyfain and Queen Annolae confer, then King Glyfain speaks:

Your fight, is our fight.
Your cause, is our cause.
Our people, will stand with your people.
Alphatia and Thyatis, stand with the Alliance of Oerth!

(You gain the 600 PL of these two nations, along with the civilian population.
I am assuming you employ Kalanyr's 10th level magic to bring them all to Oerth.)

The Gith mercenary regards 'o Skoteinos, and says:

I think yer words are good, and I like yer attitude.
Ya got a straight head on them shoulders, and it does look like yer gonna be losing it anytime soon.
The Gith, shall accept yer lands offered.

And the Gith, stand with the Alliance of Oerth!

Now, who do will kill first?!

(You gain the 300 PL of the gith spelljamming armada. It has entered Greyspace, and will arrive at the beginning of Turn 6.)

- - -

The Lich Queen of the Githyanki regards the God Emperor, and smiles darkly.
She speaks:

So shall it be.
My slaves, see that the God Emperor is given every delight and fancy he pleases during his stay here.
He is to be wined and dined like there is no tomorrow.
If any of the slaves bumble in their duties, give them to him for his pleasure.

The army of the Githyanki, will march at once!

(The Union of Oerth gains another 1,000 PL from the colossal githyanki army that is coming down out of the Astral Plane to their aid.
The Queen of the Githyanki, however, does not come to Oerth.)

- - -

With the departure of Alzem, the army that he brought from Krynn tries to disintegrate.
Since this army is of vital strategic importance to Oerth, and since it is large (over 700 PL) I HOPE that either Alzem, or someone else, decides to take firm control of it, and soon!

The Dragon Overlords hate the Knights of Solamnia, the Knights of Steel, and despise even their own servants.
They despise the people of Oerth.
They are only here because Mina is here, and they hate her far worse than anyone else - they HATE Mina.
They are willing to associate with everyone else - just barely - in order to kill Mina.

The Knights of Solamnia are happy to be here, but they hate the Dragon Overlords and their servants.

The Knights of Steel dislike the Knights of Solamnia, AND they hate the Dragon Overlords and their servants.
They are uncomfortable on this strange world of Oerth.

The servants of the Dragon Overlords, hate the Knights of Solamnia and the Knights of Steel.
And they are uncomfortable in this strange world.

Alzem was holding this strange alliance together, but he's leaving, and the person he is putting in charge may or may not be able to keep the Krynnish Alliance (PL over 700) from disintegrating.

Someone better do something quick!

Last edited:

Remove ads