(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 4)

Alyx

First Post
Back at the Conference

Anfaren stands with Kalanyr, Sanctus, Regina, Brohagan, and Baeron to show his solidarity with his allies. He claps long and hard. At the next best opportunity he takes the podium from Kalanyr.

'I will be brief.

'I urge the people of Toril to listen to us. I ask them to consider our words. Our world is less then it was because of indifference and misguided, insane evil. Already it threatens you, in the form of mists and the breaking of your world forum. Do not allow it to continue unhindered. To do so would break the foundations of your civilization and cast it to ruin.

'All that you will hear from Hazen and his friends this day are truthful. We plead with you to listen because we would hate to see another world shattered.'

Anfaren stares at the ground. He looks up at the audience of dignitaries. He scans the cameras. Then he speaks again.

'But it is more then that. No, we do not lie to you because to do so would be to shake the common ground we share. Your nations are of truth. Our nations are of truth also. It is in truth that the bonds between us may be set. And truth by its very definition is an unbreakable bond.'

With that, Anfaren returns to his seat.

Posted by William Ronald:

Also, do realize that the Dark Powers are trying to manipulate you, to tempt you. Edena is doing his job as a DM in having them try to do so.

Well, maybe they only THINK they are manipulating me, this is a dangerous game, but I will propably play.

Edena, I don`t intend to take all my forces to Ravenloft, only 20 000 worth of Red Army, I don`t think that Dark Powers can absorb millions of beings into Domain Of Dread against their will, not until the Sixth Touch takes place.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Thillronian League - Eidor speaks

Eidor (big man, apperantly of Frost Barbarian tribe) stands up. ((He apperently has no real experience with speeches)).

"Unlike press' misleading statements say, none of the emissaries of the Thillronian League have walked out, if one of us remains.
I just wanted to correct this cultural misunderstanding.

Very nice speech and all, now, what should we do next? Yeh, there are mists and there is goo, and there are damned big mistakes and understandable lust for power mixing into rest of it. I vote for healing and some healthy ass-kicking reserved for those, who won't laydown their wars and power-mongering, or actually use power of goo and mists to their own ends, effectually disturbing the healing process. Like my granfather used to say, 'there can never be peace without war' and I say, there is nothing 'evil' in agressiveness.

We must put stop to this 'who is to blame' insanity. But, in the process we must not forget who our enemies are. That remains me, could someone, plese tell me, what was Melkor doing here. By Kord, he hardly has thought even word 'peace' as anything but some twisted, corrupted, entropic state of eternal
nothingless. Btw, that "Diplomacy for Dummies" part was priceless... heheh.

Oh, and neutrality with some of the 'enemies' would be quite acceptable. Some of them want a bit more to conquer, than wasteland of broken lands and suffering souls, drifing like big blood-sweating cheese into realms of oblivion.

Our ultimate wars of good vr. evil, law vr. chaos, freedom vr. tyranny, tech vr. magic, human vr. illithid and wait the other day, yes?´Some of our enemies are smart enough to realize this situation is no-win even their goals in mind, and then there is pantheon of glowing darkness, or whatever it is called now, whose mere tools point, that they are nothing more than cancer for nature, that we should kindly cure. I don't mean destroy, kill, kill. I mean cure. Red goo is souls trapped into twisting hatred. Like many wiser than me have stated, we must free and purify those souls, and take them out of hands of misusers. Yes, and good old-fashioned ass-kicking will be involted, I except.

Oh, and as far as we are concerned, we might even let Iuz have change in this universe, should he be willing to give up power gained from said tortured souls of red goo and return to good old 'old evil one' we used to know and 'love to hate'. Of course it is not for me to decide.

But first things first."

Eidor sits down.

Zauron, you seem to hace a fair amount of knowledge concerning Ravenloft, could you email me the info on how Vecna and Soth managed to escape Ravenloft? Of course, my plans are much more ambitious.:D

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Interesting. Trying to think of what Ravenloft would do to Melkor. The bits with Soth in Ravenloft were very nicely done, some very subtle and nasty ways of tormenting the big S.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the whole in the ceiling is fixedand those injured or traumatized by the incident are taken care of, Siobhan returns to the press for one last statement.

"I know there are some among you who can't imagine that certain people have been allowed here. Whether it is Anabastcorian or Melkor or whoever. We've just seen these feelings run high. But the point of a peace conference is not only inviting your friends. Everyone must be able to come or there is no hope of peace. And Hope is one thing I refuse to give up. I'll drop by later to answer any further questions but for now duty calls. Thank you."

zouron

First Post
Melkor, about Domains of Dread

Melkor you cannot decide what you bring along with you to Domains of Dread (or Ravenloft as the place is falsely called).

In domains of Dread Darklords never gain what they want the most.

The Darkpowers tempts you, but they don't care about getting anyone but YOU under their foot. The Darkpowers will keep their initial word, but not in any form you will like, not at all.

yes you get to rule something in Ravenloft, it might not be the mega domain you thought it would be, it all depends on your worth to the mist (vecna actually had a very small domain). You don't take anything with you, you go alone everything created in your new domain is a mockery of what you know, everything will be just wrong, but seem right on surface (Lord Loren Soth's Bashees that were suppose to tell him the story of his own damnation kept changing the story, twisting it, still able to reconize it but just not right... very annoying for a man of strict rules and behaviour like Lord Loren Soth).

WHEN more then one person is brought to Domains of Dread, it seems that the actual Darklord is not nessecary the one everyone thinks it to be (a former dark sun domain, whom is no longer described due to license transfere, has a dragonking as Darklord, but in reality it is the high priestess that is the Darklord).

Okay finally one rule when dealing with the dark powers, you will never get what you want (vecna wanted kas dead but never could and vice versa), you will never like what you get but it is what you asked for. The darkpowers are more tricky to deal with then a wish under a wish hating DM, the Darkpowers don't manipulate you, they just offer you your darkest desire in return for nothing... on the surface.

Okay Vecna I am not sure of I did not buy the modules where Vecna escapes Ravenloft, but in those he DOES escape he takes over sigil in a short period. I believe basically he became very powerful (he is a greater god now right? so that is part of the reason).

As for Soth, this is a bit twin fold.

Out of Character: Soth is a very priced trademark of WotC and the rights to the campaign setting Ravenloft was given to Arthause (whom produces RL material today)

In Character: Soth was rejected by the Darkpowers, he was better at being his own doom then they were his, but while he was in RL he seemed to be unwilling to act at all, so why not let him be his own doom elsewhere.
Soth's highest wish was to gain his family back (or so he thinks) as well as when he entered to gain the spirit of Kitiara to serve him. in the end he he offered his family and everything, he kills them all and it all starrts over again.

basically I would say both escaped cases are due to real world reasons rather then game vice.

Posted by Zouron:

Okay Vecna I am not sure of I did not buy the modules where Vecna escapes Ravenloft, but in those he DOES escape he takes over sigil in a short period. I believe basically he became very powerful (he is a greater god now right? so that is part of the reason).

Well Melkor is supposed to be a Greater God, My PC is only his Avatar.

Last edited:

Zelda Themelin

First Post
"Yes, yes, enemies are invited into peace conferences, but there is difference in inviting an enemy and invating a plague. Melkor has spoke with actions more times than once that he is no more than harbringer of decay. Anabastcorian, Union of the Worlds we can still speak with. There is not point in speaking to incarnation of red plague. Anyway, I asked, because I am curious. It just doesn't make sense to me."

Eidor asks more quetly from 'someone' near by

"Another thing, what is purpose of this 'press gang'? Are they some sort of spynetwork and misinformation feeder organization? How they are useful?

Serpenteye

First Post
The God Emperor projects a part of his conciousness to the conference (while most of him is with the Lich Queen in the Astral Plane). He appears as an extremely handsome young man, in formal and dignified garb, glowing subtly with divine power. He listens to the speeches of the assembled while exchanging polite smalltalk with other delegates.

___Zelda Themelin wrote:
We must put stop to this 'who is to blame' insanity. But, in the process we must not forget who our enemies are. That remains me, could someone, plese tell me, what was Melkor doing here. By Kord, he hardly has thought even word 'peace' as anything but some twisted, corrupted, entropic state of eternal
nothingless. Btw, that "Diplomacy for Dummies" part was priceless... heheh.

The God Emperor chuckles mirthlessly at the above statement and applauds Eldor after his speach. Then he turns to the barbarian (and the press):

"There is much wisdom in your words, northman, but we must do more than that. It's not enough to eradicate the enemies of peace with loving acts of murder. It's not enough to heal the evil of the Red Scourge or the wounds of Oerth, we must go further than that.

The Mists and the Red Death are drawn to suffering, strife and hatred. To win our freedom from a fate worse than death we must achieve peace, both external and internal, within our societies, our worlds and our hearts. All our conflicts must be resolved.

I expect no peace from Melkor or Rajaat, all they desire is power and death. I expect little from Iuz or Hellmaster, their doctrine is struggle and war, though I think they , at least understand the danger we are all in at this time and might restrain themselves. I did, however, expect the United Commonwealth to act more responsibly.

They claim to be a democracy, they claim that all their citizens are equal under the law, they lie. Ever since the founding of the United Commonwealth one people have been discriminated against. The Humanoid state is by far the largest in the commonwealth, despite of that the state has no greater representation in (the senate) than even the smallest of the others. The purpose for this injustice is obvious, to marginalize the humanoid population, to reduce the humanoid people, with their vast industrial and military might, to a servitor race for the masters of the Commonwealth, to Ian Payne and Erika Lesange and their favoured peoples.

Now the humanoids rise up against their oppressors, demanding freedom and independence. Now the Commonwealth stands on the brink of civil war. But this war cannot be allowed. If Toril is thrown into war, if billions of innocents are slaughtered, if the planet itself is torn to pieces and devoured by death, the mists will come. The mists will pull us all into the Domains of Dread for eternal torture. Death is no release, for the realms of your Gods will be closed to you and you will spend eternity as tortured spirits. Even the Angels will, in time, be turned into twisted abominations, ironic mockeries of everything they are now.

Therefore, for the sake of all our worlds, I ask of you, peoples and leaders of Toril to allow the Humanoid state its independence. You can prevent your own unmaking, the destruction of your entire society, if you allow the democratic ideals you claim to have to triumph."

Last edited:

Remove ads