(IR) Preparations for the 3rd IR - Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyx

First Post
Edena, I now make my final claim before this hell-bent war doth begin...

Bucknard (NPC, human, mage of extremely high level, neutral) PL 2
Leomund (NPC, human, mage of very high level, neutral) PL 1

These two wizards may yet play apart in the war descending on their world...

Creamsteak

Explorer
Edena_of_Neith said:
Ruling:

I can see that no castle in the Flanaess is going to be a safe place to sleep in, in this IR ...))

Yes... castles are just big targets... but a forest is a lot broader place to attack... :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena;

In the aborted IR thread, it was known that Kas and Vecna, with their respective troops, would emerge at Tovag Bagru in the Baklunish lands. Will this be true for the new IR thread.

Later, I will post a timeline of inventions and scientific discoveries starting in 1848.

Serpenteye

First Post
William Ronald said:
Edena;

In the aborted IR thread, it was known that Kas and Vecna, with their respective troops, would emerge at Tovag Bagru in the Baklunish lands. Will this be true for the new IR thread.

It would make more sense from my perspective if Kas arrived, a few months before vecna did, in the lands of the Dark Union.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Serpenteye said:

It would make more sense from my perspective if Kas arrived, a few months before vecna did, in the lands of the Dark Union.
I'm sure it would Serpenteye. However, Kas doesn't have 10th level or higher magic, which means he has to ride Vecna's coat tails into the future.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I think your character is great, Sollir.
Heh, half death slaadi half machine. Even the hard, ferocious men of the Warlord nations bow and scape when this guy comes around ... they're no fools, and wish to live.

An answer to Lord Melkor:

Thanks Edena this is exactly what I wanted! Are you aware of the fact that in this case there is hardly any way for Gnomeworks to stop Shade takeover of Greyhawk?

((I realize that you are placing your entire 83 points in Greyhawk, and GnomeWorks has only contested Greyhawk with a small force so far ... so yes, if things continue like this, you will get Greyhawk.
However, I must wait until Turn 1 to make a final ruling.)

Okay Edena, then would it be at last possible to cover the land in Darkness? It should not be that difficult for a nation of Shades to do it, considering the fact that even 10th level one can bring 100% Darkness (see the template). Actually Shades always cower battlefield in Darkness before fighting if possible like Drow in Dark Elf Trilogy.

((Covering a battlefield in magical Darkness is something you can easily do, since it is a part of your fighting strategy. Consider this a part of your Power Level.
Covering a large land of thousands of square miles in Magical Darkness is going to be very hard to achieve with 9th level magic.
You may attempt to do it, but in so doing you will weaken your forces - for a lot of your mages are busy attempting to produce the vast Darkness, and not using the Turn to attack, defend, or do anything else.
If you obtain 10th level magic, you will be able to produce magical Darkness over a realm the size of Greyhawk relatively easily, giving you a tremendous advantage when you attack that country.
But first, you must obtain 10th level magic.))

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena asked me to let you know he is having occassional problems with his e-mail. He is trying to have his new ISP deal with the issue of the e-mail not making it through.

He would like us to keep trying to send your e-mails. Edena is not ignorig you in the least; he wants to see your letters. So keep e-mailing and hope that the techs can get the gremlins out of the network. (They should know not to feed them after midnight.:))

Also, if you want to help Edena out, try to resolve contested claims. Check the 1st page of the thread and e-mail the person you are contesting a claim with. Try to work it out, so Edena is not too overburdened.

I would like to urge everyone to check out the resources in the first post of page 1. The maps are useful. The previous IR threads link will give you a feel of what happened on Toril.

Only a few more days to go before we start.

Last edited:

Valkys

First Post
Well, at least I feel better. I'm not the only person to have problems sending emails then. I've tried sending the same email 10 times. I just have to say that I intend to keep trying.

Edena, maybe you can email me and I can reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads