(IR) Setting up for the IR

I would have nothing against such an alliance, it should be enough to conquer entire Oerth and divide it!

Where is Balkunish Confederation Edena, also does Greyhawk control territory between it and Cairn Hills?

Maudlin

First Post
Erm... I was under the impression that we would be starting over from just after Vecna and Kas appeared back in Greyhawk....

Obviously I don't want to pounce on anyone's dreams of conquest here, but the Shades are already in control of Greyhawk, Kas has already founded a huge empire(!) and apparently the two will start in an alliance with a PL of 172(!!).

Just how much licence should we get in determining the starting parameters of our factions exactly? 'Cause if it is anything on the scale of the above, I'm setting up some righteous undead lovin' down south :D

I'm just afraid that will void the premise of the game. I don't really enjoy global politics that go:

"Hey, wanna ally?"

"Sure, 'cause then we'd have more power."

Again, not a burn on any of the participants, I'd just like to preserve what I consider the best part of these threads. Otherwise it's just freeform Risk :)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT

I realize that this is going to mess up someone's day, but I have a ruling to make:

Oerth has been at peace for 40 years prior to the Sending of the Wanderer.
Nobody has invaded anyone else's country, or engaged in any hostilities.

Thus, in general, a person cannot claim both a good and an evil power.
There are specific exceptions to this, but they are very few indeed.

Now, once the IR starts, you are free to ally with whoever you please, regardless of alignment, or simply to try and conquer that other power, but for now it is assumed there has been peace.

- - -

Mr Draco, Serpenteye, you cannot claim the People of the Adri Forest, or the Grandwood.
These are neutral and good Powers, and IC they rebuke and keep out all the peoples around them.
These elves, rangers, and other good aligned people want nothing to do with the evil humans, humanoids, and undead all around them.

Because Adri Forest is out, the Elves of the Lost City in the Adri is also out ... the living elves of Adri Forest are protecting all entry into the region, and you have not been able to get into the area.
Once you do that, by force, and break the curse on the Elven City of Ice, that evil nation of elves will then be under your control.

And so, I am putting the following three Powers back on the Unclaimed List:

The People of the Adri Forest
The Grandwood
The Elves of the Lost City in the Adri Forest

- - -

Turrosh Mak, for the same reason you cannot claim the County, Duchy, and Principality of Ulek.
Not only are these nations good or good leaning, but they are longtime foes of the Orcish Empire of the Pomarj.
You could, of course, give up the Orcish Empire of the Pomarj, and claim the three Uleks instead ...

- - -

Melkor's subversion of Greyhawk City is an exception - the ONLY exception - to the rule that there has been Flanaess-wide peace.
The Shadow Empire has not been able to subvert any other place in the Flanaess.

- - -

The travel of Kas and his Legions to the east was accomplished by magic, and they were received peacefully.
Much to the relief of the Baklunish people of Garnak, since it was from Tovag Baragu, in the center of Garnak, that Kas and his Legions emerged in the Present.

- - -

Vecna and his Legions have yet to come forward in time, as Kas and his Legions have already done.
I will represent Vecna, since obviously everyone is against him and nobody will want to represent him.

((And now, I'm offline.))

Last edited:

Maudlin Shades are not already in control but their takeover of Greyhawk will be one of the very first thing in IR, unless someone contests it, forces of good can always plead those Torillian sodomites for help.

Last edited:

Besides Shade( I don`t like plural form) have a great respect of Vecna, because of his power and dominion upon the secrets that lie within Shadow!

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
If Vecna & his legions wasn't such an obvious threat to us and our allies (as well as a big bullseye with a bomb waiting to hit it)we would have most certainly allied with him.

Edena- Shouldn't the Drow have an advantage in reclaiming Arcane Age magic? There must be a Lich or similar life-extended drow around somewhere with memories of this time.

Remove ads