• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) Setting up for the IR

Well Alyx, Empire of Shadow is nothing like your typhical medieval kingdom, its inhabitants twisted by its influence, with nothing left but ambition and hunger for power. Each of Shadowlords( two Shade liches, Shadow Dragon, female Shade Drow enchantress/rogue, renegade Demon Lord, Prince Rivalen of Netherese, Mind Flayer Elder Brain) wants nothing else but to rule a mighty Empire of his/her own, but they understand the need for cooperation for this dream to be fullfilled. If they could fully enforce their will, Toril and Oerth would be realms of eternal night, where words like love and compassion are unknown, but they are not that powerful yet, they must seek allies.

By the way Edena, can we use this Manual of The Planes variant in which Plane of Shadow is evil aligned?

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
I think each of us should choose a colour and all posts to that person be made in that colour, since many of my points were overlooked by various people (often the people they were addressed to).

Black Omega

First Post
After negotiation, discussion and only a little "Nice country you got here, be a shame if something was to happen to it, heh heh.":) Perrenland will be joining the Alliance of the Seelie and the Free Peoples of Sepia, Vesve and Highfolk.

And the alliances are interesting, though they also at times work in weird ways. This was also true on the original IR where some truly weird alliances were made.

Ideally, if certain things were more secret it would change how people react. If the world doesn't know Kas is back and don't know right away that Vecna's come to visit then there is a little more mystery and "well, you claim Vecna is back..but do we have proof? Let's send out some adventurers.";) It's not so much a matter of keeping stuff from the players necessarily, but making saure it is known what is player knowledge and what the nations actually know.

Anabstercorian

First Post
So, my goals are as follows:

The goals of the Solistarim are to crush the Oerthian nations and scatter them to the winds like the scavenging jerk-bags they are. Natives of the Flannaes who remain there may be left alone. But the Oerthians must die, every single one of them, and their heads left up on pikes.

Anabstercorian wants to create a Theocracy devoted to Ilsensine, with himself as the ruler. Animals (Humanoids of all types) will be reduced to their proper places as cattle of the Illithid, with species of equal stature to the Illithid (Fae, Outsiders, Aberrations) being given equal rights - Should they worship Ilsensine.
He also wants to cleanse Toril, but he recognizes that that is an extremely long term project and he isn't worrying about it much at the moment.

<< These about right, Edena? >>

By the way presence of Shade agents on Oerth isn`t widely known, most of them schemes in City of Greyhawk.

Originally posted by Anabstecorian:

"He also wants to cleanse Toril, but he recognizes that that is an extremely long term project and he isn't worrying about it much at the moment"

It seems we have the same long term goal!

If you are interested in alliance please email me, the same goes for Turrosh Mak, believe me, Shadow Empire CAN give you Ulek on the plate.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kalanyr: If you continue your claim to medegia and bone march, the Dark Union of Eastern Oerth may be forced to take action. Perhaps you would be willing to give up your claim in return for some (once it officialy starts) assistance with the attaining of arcane age magic? After all, a good portion of our forces came directly from there.

Lord Talos- would you be willing to speak of an alliance with the Dark Union of Eastern Oerth?

Serpenteye

First Post
Old IR-Greyhawk thread

I saved the old IR-thread to my harddrive and I am willing to mail it to anybody who asks. Edena already has a copy. I dont know how much of the thread is missing but I guess I could copy-paste the entire 20 pages of it if it is not too technically complicated. I do not want to break the board again by posting too long a thread.

Alliances are welcome but perhaps we should wait until the new IR actually begins, otherwise there will be little diplomacy in the actual thread. Just a suggestion, and I know I'm a hypocrite thankyouverymuch ;)

When it comes to dividing the world, remember that Aerdi and therefore also The Dark Union of Eastern Oerth has a centuries old claim to Nyrond and the Urnts. We would ally with anybody who respected that claim.

Last edited:

Remove ads