(IR) The 3rd IR, 2nd Turn (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maudlin

First Post
A furious Sending is blasted through the ether, directed at Forrester but rather unsubtle in its targeting. The image of a horned skull bathed in green light sends needles into your brain with every thundered word.

"You! Why do you interfere? Because they asked for help? They call and you come running to save them?

Hypocrite!

Have you fallen into the trap of deciding the line between who is good and who is evil? Who lives and who dies? Were you and your races not brutally persecuted, slaughtered on sight, the nests of your young destroyed wherever they were found? How am I different from you? My children have no haven anywhere in the world. Either they are destroyed or pressed into slavery. I arrived to deliver them from these despots who vainly claim for themselves the moniker of 'Good', and to carve out a realm of their own.

Now you come charging in because they're wailing for their own lives? Have you come full circle from underdog to oppressor? Impressive how easily the living can forget. Did you offer to let Elven serfs leave when you destroyed their civilisation?

All people of Oerth beware if he takes the doomed city of Irongate. Beware of bored plutocrats who crave an empire of vanity. If you think they will stop at your borders because you bow to the trappings of civilisation, think deeper, and observe how lightly new causes are created.

Withdraw, and I will let half of the civilian population who did not take arms against me flee into Ahlissa. They will be Geased never again to harm or abuse an undead creature. The others will pay the price for their eager participation in the genocide of my children. Attack, and tens of thousands of lives you claim are precious to you will perish, and your true motives laid bare to all. "

-----------------------------------------------------

OOC: Sheesh, I gotta get me some of these Irongaters' vitamins :) I try to take a PL 4 city with nearly 50 PL and I get this :) Fun though. Still, given that they're disgustingly outnumbered and surrounded, fighting on two fronts and I have been attacking for the longest time, can I assume at least most of the city has fallen and only a few pockets still resist? If their defenses are still intact when Forrester arrives, that's important information.

Also, how much PL can be transferred through teleportation? Am I really looking at 20PL of his forces coming in immediately?

Sorry to be so long about it, BTW, everything happened not too long after I finally went to bed apparently.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Interesting reply, Maudlin.

Forrester, it would appear that Acererak, instead of killing those Forrester the Player Character sent to rescue the people of Irongate, is instead him a message of rebuke and reproval.
An offer, and a warning.
An IC warning to the world of Oerth, concerning the Torilians, in which he echoes the Sending of the Wanderer, in my opinion.

Forrester, I am curious as to your reaction IC, and whether your mages and clerics continue the rescue attempt after Acererak sends this message.

Would someone inform Forrester of this post, or e-mail it to him, so that he may reply, on this Thread, while it still has room?
For there is still room for 10 more posts on this thread, and I would like to hear and see Forrester's response to Maudlin.

Edena_of_Neith

Another sending from The Shade, like before Shadowlady Ahlissa is the the person speaking.

Oerthians! This is the end! Torillians have come to make Oerth their colony and they are unstopable! (images of Torillians fiighting). We Shade are not powerful enough to conquer this world, we offer you peace! We will no more spread Shadow on neighbouring lands! But we must unite, we must all unite or Torillians will rule us all!

Edena Shade stop poisoning neihghbouring lands, but they still transform Shadow Throne and County of Urnst.

Last edited:

Edena Shade will enter the Monster Arms race by breeding the Shadow Beasts that you said are numerous now in Shadow Throne.

We will also be working on creating golems from Shadowstuff, thus entering the Construct Arms Race!

We are however not much interested in advancing our society, we research only technology that has use for war.

Sorry for spelling mistakes.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Hmm, I'd sort of like to re-assert that those floating citadels only move at 20 mph, so they won't be arriving anywhere near for at least a few days. I'm expecting the UC to make its intentions known before that time, and certainly before I need to decide whether or not anyone gets attacked, if you get my drift :)

Forrester

First Post
I will respond today -- so please, no posts unless absolutely necessary, so I can get my response in (and Edena's reaction).

However, first there is something I must ask Edena through an email. Something very important.

Edena, expect an email in five minutes -- after I send it, though, I'll be gone for a little while. But I'll be back late this afternoon/early evening.

Forrester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads