(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena-I thought the Yuan-ti where aboard the mountain. I take it they did not fit? The Tarrasque is put away somewhere and some mages and clerics are sent to comfort the poor creature. If this fails and it goes wild I lock it in a pocked dimension in stasis.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Both Forrester and Kalanyr could use their 10th level magic to attempt to do something about the onslaught of Nuclear Winter.
I hope someone does something.

It's already too late to save the crops north of a line from Gran March to the Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdi.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
I already said I was doing something about the Nuclear Winter.

But for ease of reference:

I am using the 10th level magic at my disposal to drive back the Nuclear Winter and evacuate everyone onboard the mountain to a safe area somewhere. I am extinguishing as many of the burning cities as I can.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
RULING:

The Torilian/Solistari/Yuan-Ti conflict with Acererak, Acererak's Minions, the Scarlet Brotherhood, and the Hempmonalanders rages on through the rest of this Turn.
There is no decisive victory until the end of this Turn, at the earliest.

I will rule on whether there is victory, at the end of this Turn.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
With the exception of Hempmonaland, then, quietude settles down over the Flanaess.

A quietude of severe Shock. The Shock of a patient hanging barely onto life.

There is no further conflict, unless someone starts one deliberately, and only limited forces are available to fight with.

The overwhelming and immediate need is to aid the millions of injured people.
The next most immediate need is to bring in the harvest - what's left of it, which is to say less than 1/8th of the crops remain intact.
The next most immediate need is to supply adequate shelter for people against the elements.

There is not sufficient manpower to bury the dead.
There is no hope of repairing the damaged infrastructure.
There is no hope of rebuilding or repairing the damage to the cities still standing.

Not immediately. Not for a while.

The exceptions to this are the Realms of Ishtarland, Erypt, Varnaith, and the Yuan-Ti Empire, which along with war ruined Zindia were far enough from the main area of conflict that they are relatively unscathed.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Now that the conflict in Hemponaland has been going for a while, and Acererak is probably quite busy, 100PL of the most veteran troops in the DU army on the Tilvanot Peninsula is going to transfer over to join the fight in Hemponaland by ship.

[edit]- The farmers working in the Yuan-ti empire that recently came under the control of the DU (thanks Kalanyr!), are encouraged to double their efforts to produce grain & such.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
There is no world market.
There are not even local markets.

All trade has collapsed.
Most major trading firms are bankrupt.
Most merchants are out of business.

The roads that are still intact are empty of travellers, except for refugees streaming towards whatever help there is to be found, wherever it is.

Kalanyr

Explorer
The Yuan-ti empire will pull back and teleport to the Flaanesse with the rest of my troops if things seem to be going to badly for them but for now they will bring to bear what 10th level magic their mages and clerics wield on to Acerak.

Meanwhile the Drow and the surviving Dragons and Undead of Ivids Empire will do everything we can to heal the wounder,gather food and create shelter for the people of the Flaanese.

Did I stop the Nuclear Winter advancing?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(Even the Moderator blinks at that post.)

Very well. The Dark Union has to send enormous amounts of food to feed that great army, and spend precious resources to outfit them.
Food and resources that don't exist, unless they are scraped from the scraps left to the civilian population, which is already living on starvation rationing.

The great force of the Dark Union enters Hempmonaland to join in the bitter jungle war there.

- - -

Yes, you did, Kalanyr. In time to save the crops from Gran March, southern Nyrond, and the Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdi southward.
That is, those that did not burn up in the fires caused by the Antimatter Bombardment.

Kalanyr, even with 10th level magic, every drow, male and female, that you have is soon engaged in helping the victims.
There is no end to the victims.

And with your help, with the relatively untouched drow - infamous for their evil - coming in this hour of extreme desperation and need on the part of the Flanaess, hatreds that have lasted for millennia fade away.
The drow become heroes and heroines, saviors.

I am assuming that the Faerie are also helping as they can, being a very good aligned people.

The Lortmil Technomancy was, incredibly, not touched by any of this.
Being underground, they were not blinded or affected by the bombardment.
The Robots never made it that far south.
They lost relatively few people fighting the Shade.
They have their own food source, underground.
They have everything they need, underground.

Based on GnomeWorks most recent posts, I am assuming the still intact Lortmil Technomancy is coming to the aid of it's ruined and desperate neighbors.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads