(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalanyr

Explorer
They will be remembered and mourned. Their sacrifice will be remembered forever. Zuggtmoy is ressurected.

OOC- Does helping kill Tharzidun bring me any closer to divine ascension by the way.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
A (how does one put this?) VERY enraged Acererak, in his full might, along with an Army of incorporeal undead, shows up over the Waters north of Hempmonaland.
The undead went deep into the earth under the Iron Hills, then through the Underdark under the Tilva Straits to Hempmonaland, then back up and out.

Now they stand with Acererak.

With his might and the might of his undead, Acererak strikes a massive blow - not against the men of the Dark Union - but against their fleets.

Before he withdraws, dozens of great three-masted ships are sinking, ruined beyond repair, while thousands of men are in the water, screaming for help.
The sharks, move in for the kill.

Although Acererak took losses in this battle, the losses to the Dark Union are serious in that their ability to transport men across the Tilva Strait has been reduced.

Acererak repeats this attack, again and again, trying to destroy the Dark Union's ability to freight men across the Hempmonaland.

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Forgot it, Serpenteye.
It's a deathtrap.
Your men are massacred as they try to land on those shores.

At the moment, at least, the Scarlet Brotherhood and it's Hempmonalander allies have too firm a grip.

Now, if you intend to send a greater part of the entire ARMY of the Dark Union into Hempmonaland, tell me ... that would be another matter.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Is all land north of Hepmonaland and south of Ahlissa under our control?

I know ooc that Maudlin put only 40pl on defence this turn. How many remains in Hepmonaland, approximately?
_____

Sorry about the contradictions.

Before he withdraws, dozens of great three-masted ships are sinking, ruined beyond repair, while thousands of men are in the water, screaming for help.
The sharks, move in for the kill.
------

Fortunately the sharks are under the control of the shark-people (Sahuagin) and will not attack their allies. If they do the Shauagin will defend the soldiers.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ok, Acererak does not make that attack, since the Dark Union is not attacking.

The Dark Union does not know how much of Maudlin's force remains intact in Hempmonaland.

Kalanyr

Explorer
"Kas, I can see where you got the reputation as the finest swordsman of the Arcane Age, it was an honour to fight beside you. Congratulations to you too. Hmm do you want the Hand and Eye of Tharzidun? I will keep the sword if you don't mind."

Mr. Draco

First Post
Very well then, Kas, hearing that Acererak hasn't yet been destroyed, calls out:

"Warriors of Oerth, evil yet remains! The one known as Acererak, a lich of great power, yet kills those opposing his apothesis, I call out to those champions that stood with me in this battle! Kalanyr and his host, Forrester and his mighty armies, let us teleport to Acererak, and end, with him, the last remaining of those fighting against us, and thereby, against Oerth!"

[edit]- "Kalanyr, let us divy up his remains after Acererak has been delt with! For now, place his body and artifacts into a demiplane with your magic and let us go."

OOC: I'm assuming here Kalanyr, that you are using your magic to heal the wounds you incurred against Tharzidun, much as I am using mine.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Edena -- please note that it takes time to get people in boats and sail them across the water.

Let me take care of this -- with complete and UTTER surprise, I'm going to kick some Acererak ass.

Overwhelming PL force.
Overwhelming tech.
10th level magic.

I do believe I promised him that I would destroy him if he crossed me, didn't I?

No time like the present.

Anabstercorian, are you coming? You did say you wanted a piece of him. (He can rescind this, but given the fact that he was taking orders from me previously, my guess is that he's sorry he missed the fighting and is anxious to kick some butt. So assume he's there.)

One other point -- I know, IN character, that he has only 40PL of force on defense. Very lame. Time for them to die rather horribly painful deaths. The scientists/those working on 10th level magic will be spared, should they surrender, assuming they were working for Acererak against their will. The evilly-aligned scientists will be killed, of course.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads