(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 2a)

William Ronald

Explorer
I think Kalanyr has a point. However, Edena is moderator and DM. It is his call.

I would like to think that people would unite to save their world. Maybe a little more time is needed. (The preceding post can be thought of as a prophecy if you give more time to people, Edena.)

We need people to post more. Also, we may need some new players.

If this has indeed come to past, Hazen looks at an Angel and murmurs. "I warned them. I tried to warn them. No one listens."

The image of a VERY ANGRY Hazen appears in the World Congress of Toril and before Prime Minister Erika LeSage and President Forrester of the United Commonwealth of Toril.

"My world is dying. The time for debate is over. Aid us! What more do you want of us! Entire countries have been devastated! You have the power. Use it."

"I have been a friend to Toril. My people are dying. The Angels have been friends and protectors to Toril. THEY ARE FIGHTING AND DYING! Is this how you reward friendship? Your inaction is giving proof to the words of the Wanderer."

"Oerth is in ruins. So what are you going to do?"

"Anabstercorian, whom Forrester hired, has decided to try to kill us all. Still you do NOTHING! Melkor unleashed this madness. They are of your world, and they are killing my world!"

"Come to Oerth and help! Prove to me that you are still our allies. You have the power! Use it! We sheltered your troops. They are needed NOW!!!"

"Would Ian Payne have acted like this? Do something to show me that the values of Toril and its people are not empty platitudes!"

"The hour is late, the multiverse is waiting. The choice is yours."

This speech is shared with all on Toril. As are the images of world wide destruction and death.

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz the Red... smiles... "I am pleased... but not pleased enough..." he then releases the knowledge of the Fire form into the Red Army legions... so that they may all know the glory... "Continue my children... show them your pain... and suffering..." Iuz continues to meld with the Red Army... trying to subvert their power and become the core of their group mind if any exists.... he will not stop until total control is gained... "The fate of this world is ours...."

OOC: Pushing farther i want to be the guiding mind behind this force and if possible have them whorship me as a Destructive God of Force and Change...

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Originally from William Ronald
Hi, creamsteak:

Edena e-mailed me. Sanctus Punitor is alive and well, and kicking butt.
Steal all my tactics and lead the attack in your area.

I need all the Oerth Alliance members left to post and state that they are
attacking. If you can, try to hunt Iuz and Melkor down. Also, in one of
your posts, ask Forrester to step in. The Angels are dying while he is away.

As Hazen is now an Angel, he is pretty angry about this.

William
Originally from Edena of Neith

That wasn't your character the elven girl took! That was someone
else!

Sanctus is still alive, perfectly fine.
Ok, misunderstanding about the girl calling the man the best swordsman in Delrune. Heh... if I have someone better than myself I am pretty impressed and a bit depressed that I didn't recruit him as an NPC before he was red gooified.
And still Kalanyr and his people, and Hazen and the men and women of the Kevellond League, and to some extent Sanctus, the Hellmaster, and their people, fight back against the attack.
What is this about "to some extent." I dedicated 410 PL to attacking Iuz (and in turn, the red goo army that has appeared). I am still trying to assassinate Lord Iuz and if he is present, lord Melkor if he steps up to defend Iuz. I am also following all the tactics William has presented.
The elf is hit, and hit again, repeatedly, by her blades, but he does not slump into Red Goo - she has employed the dark magic to withhold it's killing power.
Approaching from the rear, moments after the battle clears and the two red warriors stand up, a lightly armored, but well armed Paladin approaches. His name is Sanctus Punitor, and he is the last thing any Red Goo Elf of Delrune should want to see right now.

"So you CAN hold yourself back from destroying everything. Why the hell do you have to go around killing everybody then? Every last one of you has shown ME no hint that you could until now. Now I know better. You CAN hold yourselves back, so that means you CAN be swayed from your evil ways without being dispelled."

The Elven Woman and the Elven Fencer are masters of their subsequent arts of war. This prevents them from foolishly trying to attack the superior Paladin outright.

"This means something that changes everything. This means that you don't carry the duty of destroying the world by necessity. It is entirely by choice."

Bitterly both of them attempt to call reinforcements, not necessarily soldiers, but by simple touch they turn plant and earth into crimson warrior.

"Heh, watch..."

Within seconds a small grove turns into some red goo treants and red goo earth elementals. Sanctus moves within hundreths of an inch, purposely parrying the attacks by the most minute amount possible. Using a degree of expertise (an epic degree that is not limited to taking 5 from base attack bonus) improves his armor class by one hundred and can successfully dodge everything thrown at him.

"Just wait, this shouldn't take long..."

The anger builds up in the Red Goo, and in doing so their evil increases. Sanctus plan is coming into view. He is trying to heat the goo's anger enough that the purple glow of pure evil that was seen before takes them over. He is trying to taunt, bemuse, and enrage the Goo till they start attacking him without turning objects into red goo, and instead with the evil they had before. Then a Wizard that was made invisible to the Red Goo Warriors will cast permanency on thier evil magic, imbueing them with a shield that prevents them from turning anything else into red Goo. Sanctus will taunt them one last time, "You may not get it now, but wait till you return to your leaders and see what they think."

Sanctus leaves and takes the Wizard with him, leaving a purple glowing pair of elves that no longer can turn anything into red goo. This new concept upon them could get them exiled from the goo, or accepted as a degree of accension. It could start a civil war between the red goo as some accept the power, and stability of the purple glow over the red goo while others believe that everything MUST be corrupted.

(Edena, your call)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Yep. I guess so.

Obviously we keep fighting with everything we have. And since all these Red Soldiers and brolen rocks are lying around, I think I'll throw a mountain (warded against goopifying and charged with holy energy) into one of those Gate Setups and aim the outlet at Iuz's section of the Red Armada.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Iuz the Red... smiles... "I am pleased... but not pleased enough..." he then releases the knowledge of the Fire form into the Red Army legions... so that they may all know the glory...
"Continue my children... show them your pain... and suffering..." Iuz continues to meld with the Red Army... trying to subvert their power and become the core of their group mind if any exists.... he will not stop until total control is gained... "The fate of this world is ours...."

OOC: Pushing farther i want to be the guiding mind behind this force and if possible have them whorship me as a Destructive God of Force and Change...

- - -

This effort does not succeed.
However, the war rages on, as Iuz and his melded Red Army fight alongside the main Red Army.

- - -

Sanctus, they cannot be taunted in this way.
The evil power that holds them in bondage, is both clever and intelligent, and it is not deceived.

Sanctus instead finds himself fighting for his life against the red elven male and red elven female.

Just as his nation, Delrune, is fighting for it's life.

Just as the entire continent of Oerik is fighting for it's life.

Just as the whole world of Oerth, is fighting for it's life.

The war rages on.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
I really must get to bed. Soon.

Creamsteak, if Hazen can get a break from fighting in Veluna then he will join you to hunt and kill Iuz. I suggest if PCs chip in, he can be destroyed. Kalanyr, Black Omega use MELDING FIRE on him. (It duplicates Acererak's attack but is not evil.)

People had days to respond and did little. I feel that other people needed to post more. Part of the problem is that a lot of people may have permanently left the IR. So every individual poster's actions now matter a lot more.

A lot of people just did NOTHING. A lot of people just hid.

Edena, I think the time has come for you to call for some additional players. Also, I want everyone - especially Oerth Alliance members and allies - to post more. Posting equals action.

Also, if the good dragons have 10th level magic and Hazen can go after Iuz, he will bring several with.

I think Melkor's alignment should be shifted to chaotic evil based on his actions. He also had, I recall, all of his worshippers on Toril commit suicide to empower the summoning of the Elder Ones. This likely will have weakened him greatly.

The face of the world has changed. Kalanyr, don't blame yourself.

In my home campaign, people have sacrificed well established characters to save their world. I am a little disappointed that a lot of people are doing nothing except hiding.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The red elven girl, speaks to Sanctus:

The elf boy is mine. You will be mine. All of Oerth will be ours.
The Red Death will devour you, body and soul, and will take us all.
And then your Krynn will perish, and Toril will fall.
The illithid will be enslaved, and the Elder Ones will kneel.
All life, from the lowest slime of the sea floors to the loftiest of the Faerimm, will kneel to the Red Death, and the Red Death will pleasure itself with their agonized screams, for all eternity.

Sanctus finds himself beaten back by her blades, as she orders the elven male to stand down.

Sanctus is forced to defend himself doubly, for he must not let her swords touch so much as the smallest piece of his clothing.
He dares not allow it - she may or may not have cancelled the killing power of her touch.

She laughs gaily.

You fight well, elf boy.
You fight even better than this one.
You delight me, you inspire me.
I will not quickly take you, as I have taken most of my foes.
You will follow the example of the elf yonder.

I shall carve you like a roast of beef, and spill your blood onto the forest floor you hold dear.
I shall shrive your flesh to the bone with my blades, but you will not die.
I will punish you for your insolence ... you have dared to fight the minions of the Red Death, dare to defy us, and you shall pay dearly for this.
I will punish you as you have never before been punished!

And with every word above, several swings of her sword connect with Sanctus's weapons.
Sanctus is perhaps the best elven fighter in the world, excepting Kalanyr alone.
Yet he is having to fight for all he is worth, against this girl.

This girl who should have been fighting at his side, would have been fighting at his side, had things gone differently.

There is admiration in her eyes at Sanctus's skill and speed, but there is no pity.
There is a grim joy as Sanctus receives his first cut, her sword slicing through his armor and flesh.
Greater joy at the second cut.
She smiles brightly as her sword draws blood the third time.

Whenever she is hit, she flinches, but does not fall back, nor does she seem to be seriously hurt.

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz presses onward... teaching the Red Army legion about the Fire form... and continues his onslaught...

OOC: Iuz learning anything about the Red Goo he did not... know before

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Keep fighting, guys. You're wounded, but not out.

OFFLINE NOTICE.

Goes offline, leaving you in the midst of the war wrack and the colossal battles in the lands of Iuz, Veluna, the mid Flanaess, and the southern Flanaess.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Fighting for my life... heh... what the hell else can I do guys? I have tried one hell of a variety of different thing. Hell, I may as well tell my whole army to march on the Union of Oerth so the Red Goo finds them (I'm not actually doing this BUT I CONSIDER IT).

I wrote a 10 point essay on fighting with Iuz and got no reaction, I tried to abuse the new trait the goo is capable of using, and I thought I was dead.

Gnomeworks, could you nuke the :) :) :) :) out of Iuz and the Red Goo on my front, obviously we can't do anything while they have +6/+4 and I only have +3/+2 no matter what new weapons I decide to employ.

Edit:
There is admiration in her eyes at Sanctus's skill and speed, but there is no pity.
There is a grim joy as Sanctus receives his first cut, her sword slicing through his armor and flesh.
Greater joy at the second cut.
She smiles brightly as her sword draws blood the third time.

Whenever she is hit, she flinches, but does not fall back, nor does she seem to be seriously hurt

The wizard tries to cast permanency on her situation. Now I use a quickened Paladin Dimensional door to move me up about 100 feet over her, cast a Quickend Fly Ranger spell and knock an arrow to finish her off. I get 18 attacks per round, and I hit on most of them, so If the permanecy fails she is going to have to suck down 18 arrows.

Last edited:

Remove ads