• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (End)

Sollir, you really think the dark poewrs would let you do that?

Why do you think Zouran has been in there for all those years with 11th?

Why Vecna couldn't escape himself.

Why NOONE ever could escape with 11th magic even.

The darkpowers are allknowing in their domain.
There is NO escape.

I really suggest you read the core rule book :)
No escape is no escape, jsut eternal torture in there waiting for you.

Serpenteye

First Post
_______-Forsaken One posted:
LOL, you got lucky Sollir btw.

If the dark powers really wanted to screw you over they could have done what I just read again in the ravenloft core book.

They would grant you a domain yeah...

A domain the size of a 9 by 9 by 9 foot chamber with 15 immortal and indestructible flies in there with you.

Now then they really screwed you for all eternity.

Oh :):):):), that's funny!

No, Sollir I recommend that you not take the teraakians up on their offer. Everyone in the IR, except you and Melkor, have 12th level magics, we might choose to rescue you from the Domains of Dread eventually. As servants of the teraakians it will take centuries for you to redeem yourselves in their eyes.

_
The God Emperor will remain in the Union, for now. I leave the domination of Ravenloft to you, and wish you the best of luck.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kas stood at the main square of the capital city of the Union of Worlds, Nyill. A great crowd had gathered, with representatives from each of the worlds of the Union, and from any other faction that wished to be in attendance.

A quiet murmur could be heard from the crowd as the breeze blew through clear skies in the new age.

Unexpectedly, the doors to the grand building behind Kas swang open and as the God-Emperor walked out, a silence fell over the crowd, errupting a moment latter in applause and joy at his return.

Quickly though, silence fell once more as Kas prepared to speak.

"My people. Cydians from countless worlds, I welcome you to your capital. All of you know of the hardship that the fighting this past year has brought. Many of you have lost relatives and friends. Yet, the miracles of the Domain of Hope have brought back all that has been lost. They have lifted our race, and our nation to prominence and enlightenment. In a single instant, we accomplished that which would have taken hundreds of years, if not more. It is with this in mind, that I have chosen to begin the lifebringer project."

Kas steped forward, upon reaching the center of the open area before the crowds, he stoped. A section of the magically polished white marble ground raised up by two feet. It was a circle, about ten feet in radius. Kas steped into the center and drew his sword. The ancient, transformed artifact glistened like a jewel in the sun, reflecting the power of millenia. Kas took it in one hand and balanced it vertically, on its point, in the center of the circle. The sword stood there, almost frozen in time for an instant, drawing the attention of all present.

The sword began to change, slowly starting liquify from the tip up. As it did this, a gasp was heard from the crowd. Finally, the hilt of the sword disappeared into the perfectly circular pool of electrosteel, two feet in radius, on the platform with Kas.

Then, another change came over it. It flowed upward into the form of a pole, miles upon miles high, and a single inch thick. Then it began to spread out. Like water poured into a glass takes the shape of its container, the liquid electrosteel began taking shape, the shape of a great tower, floating, a thousand feet above the ground. Yet, it grew, the electrosteel liquid spreading out from the base of the tower to form roadways, and yet more buildings. Even those reporters in the audience were to occupyied with the sight to remember to take notes.

Time passed, and none noticed. The city still grew, with the tower in the center now being revealed as a single pillar, amongst many growing.

And still it grew.

Nearly an hour later, the city was finished.

Arranged in eight concentric circles, it had a radius of ten thousand miles.

The outer (first) ring was composed of great docking ports and hangars for starships. They lead to recreational areas for the crew and visitors, restaurants, shopping centers, and more.

The second ring was composed of nature. With sections of it covered with every type of climate imaginable, their limited size being made up for by the magical extensions into demiplanes. There, one could enter an biosphere's demiplane, and explore it for an infinity of time, never finding an end to the life and beauty of it, until they wished to leave, at which point, the exit of the demiplane would appear in front of them.

Great bridges of electrosteel crossed over from the first ring to the third, with walkways down to each biosphere of the second ring. The third ring was composed of housing for the city's residents, the great buildings affording every convineince that could be desired.

The fourth ring was a ring of creation. In this ring, artists worked alonside great writers and poets, who in turn worked alonside great musicians. This was a ring of inspiration for all who entered.

The fifth ring was a ring of research. Here, scientists worked with mages and psionists, unraveling the secrets of the multi-verse.

The sixth ring was a ring of learning. The entire ring served as the University of Worlds. There, billions could study any subject or aspect of life they chose, under the tutelage of some of the greatest minds ever to live.

The seventh ring was a ring of peace. Here, diplomats worked together to find a solution that would suit all. Pointless bickering had no place here, and none committed themselves to it.

Beyond, in the center of the city, the final circle had a diameter of six thousand miles. This was a place of worship. Inside it stood a temple, considered by some to be the grandest in all of existance. Each of the four sides of it exhibited a different form of architecture. On one side could be seen the magnificent and awe-inspiring collums and pillars of the ancient greeks and romans from the gamma-world history. On another side, could be seen the flowing, crystal-like beauty that the elves hold in such high regard. On yet another side, could be seen the technical prescion of glass-steel and quantum filament, drawn up in precise angles. On the final side, could be seen the ancient patterns of existance. It appeared differently to each individual onlooker. It's shape and colors determined by their own subcouncious minds.

This temple stretched upward for ten thousand miles. Each side had an entrance. A grand set of double doors that were always open.

Inside, it was not as a typical temple. It was a library. In its uncountable collection of books, it contained the entire knowledge and history of every living being in the Union of Worlds, and beyond. Constantly new books were coming in from the colonists and explorers searching throughout the crystal spheres for life. Yet, there were no racks of books. The tomes stood in shelves along the walls. The center of the building was taken up by a grand park. It appeared like the countryside surrounding the original home of Kas. With rolling hills leading into mountain ranges, and forests spreading quietly into tremendous medows. At its center was a great lake. The crystal clear waters seemed to stretch forever, with no bottom. Those that drank from the lake were instantly healed of their afflictions and wounds. Yet the lake never emptied. At its center was a platform of white marble, a square, a thousand feet on each side. There, in the exact center of the city, was the throne of Kas.

The throne was made of traces of every kind of material in existance, entertwined together. From leaves to steel, to ice, to quantum filament, they were intertwined together, so that it was difficult to determine where each thread of material began, and where each one ended.

None were allowed to set foot on the platform, as it was sacred to an incredible level. None that is, except Kas himself, and the God-Emperor.

"My people, this city shall be known as Kairath, or light-bringer. It shall stand forever, as a testament to time. It is my gift to our nation, the Union of Worlds."

Time passed. Years went by, and the Union was still prosperous.

The city was populated by billions of Cydians and those of other races that wished to visit.

Its biospheres became a great attraction for those seeking solitude and peace.

The ring of creation fostered many reknown authors and composers. As did the ring of research foster many great scientists and mages.

The ring of learning, housing the University of Worlds became known as one of the greatest centers for learning that ever existed, drawing those from all races to take classes.

The ring of peace served as the meeting place where many treaties were signed by diplomats from recently discovered worlds, joining the Union.

The temple of Kas stood. Its grand store of knowledge open for all that wished access. Continually supplemented with newly discovered knowledge, its collection continued to expand, but never ran out of room.

The park at its center became known throughout the Union and beyond as a place of great solitude for those that wished it.

Kas disappeared from the scene, delivering his instructions for the Union through visions. And meeting only the God-Emperor in person.

Many have journeyed to the lake to gaze upon his throne, in hopes of catching a glimpse of Kas. Yet they have never seen him. There are those that say they are looking in the wrong place. They claim they have seen Kas. They say that some nights, while wandering in desperation through the great park, with no hope or joy in their souls, they have come upon a small cottage near a forest and two hills. There they say Kas himself invited them in for dinner. They claim to have met his family, his father, mother, and sister. They say that the food there, and joyous atmosphere raised their spirits, and gave them back hope. None can say whether they tell the truth or not. All attempts to find the cottage have failed. Yet, perhaps if one day you find that hope and joy have left your soul and you come across this cottage in the park, do not be surprised, for in your desperation, you may have stumbled across the home of Kas.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
From Edena

The following attend the funeral of Sanctus Punitor:

Allenthrellus, Thracius, and an entire delegation of the Taraakian Star Empire
The Queen of the Silver Hive
President Erika Lesage and Interim President Lannon of the United Commonwealth of Toril
Forrester, Speaker of the Humanoid Alliance (it's rejoined the United Commonwealth)
Phasmus, Speaker of the NeoIllithid and Deep Illithid of Toril

And the Shade of Ian Payne, the great hero of Toril, Patron Saint of the Church of Toril

- - -

There was one other effect of the Golden Blast.
Forrester's elven concubine is fully restored, in mind and body, to normalcy.

Evermeet, destroyed in the 2nd IR, is back.
It was fully restored by the Golden Blast.
It shimmers a brilliant green-blue amidst the ocean, Leuthilspar it's capital once more agleam in the sun.

The Elves of Evermeet come home at last.
The concubine of Forrester was the daughter of Queen Amlaruil, and now becomes Queen of the Elves.

The first thing the Elves of Evermeet do is invite their friends and family, the Humanoids, to come to Evermeet to live with them.

And so the orcs, goblins, hobgoblins, gnolls, flind, bugbears, kobolds, ogres, and many others finally go to the wondrous isle, to cavort and frolic, to tryst and laugh, with their elven family.

And the drow go to Evermeet.
The drow and the surface elves reunite on Evermeet.
The ancient quarrel between elf and drow, kindled during the Crown Wars, is laid to rest at last.

And dwarves and gnomes go to Evermeet, to bring the wonders of Gond.
Kender come to Evermeet to see for themselves it's fabled glory.

Evermeet becomes a major tourist attraction for the human population, as it rapidly gains the reputation of a Party Isle.
Party Isle, as in there is one big party going on, on Evermeet, all the time, from dawn to dusk, and from dusk to dawn.

In Myth Drannor, ancient Cormanthor restored to life, the resurrected niece of Coronal Eltargrim is now the ruler (please reference the Cormanthor: Empire of Elves sourcebook.)
The Srinshee is back, with the Ruler's Blade and the High Mages, as her councillors (but she is truly the Queen, not a puppet ruler.)
Myth Drannor of old, Cormanthyr, restored to her ancient glory.
Many other ancient realms are returned to the world of the Present.

Netheril's flying citadels again grace the skies.
Earlann and Illefarn are back.
Elven Court is back.
The genie of ancient Calimshan are back.
The Imaskari are back.
Arvaandaar is back, and as friendly to outsiders as Evermeet is, now.
The great dwarven nations of old are returned.

The Nether Scrolls have been rediscovered.

On Oerth, the Suel Imperium is back, in addition to Festy Dog's work.
The Suel are a changed people, friendly and warm, and wiser I would daresay as well.
Their ancient enemies, the Baklunish, are back, but the emnity is laid to rest, and the two peoples have just signed a peace treaty.

Istar is back, along with the King Priest, who is very apologetic indeed.
All 5 Towers of High Sorcery are back.
The great cities of Ansalon are back, as they existed prior to the Cataclysm.
Xak Tsaroth is back.
The great nation of Ergoth is back.
Nordmaar remains, does not sink back into the ocean.

Krynn's greatest mage, Raistlin, is back.
Palin, rises again as a great and noble mage.
Riverwind is resurrected.
Goldmoon is also resurrected.

Tasslehoff Burrfoot, I suppose, is blinking in astonishment at all the changes.

Sturm, his son Steel, and Kitiara are all resurrected, and Khellendros, the Storm Over Krynn, has reunited with his beloved rider at last.

Even the curse on Lord Soth is gone, and he has laid down to rest at last.

Most importantly, perhaps, Paladine and all the other Krynnish deities are back.

Solinari, Lunitari, and Nuitari are back in the Krynnish sky, and the constellations are returned to normal.
The forge of Reorx is merry and bright again.

- - -

A REQUEST

Many of you sent me long e-mails with spectacular and visionary projects for the IR.

I think everyone should see your work, your creativity.

Post it here, on the IR thread!

Let everyone see it. Don't leave it in my e-mail files!
Show everyone what you were up to. After all, you completed it - your projects came to fruition.

Another thing - you might create an Atlas of the IR.
A composite of all the countries, nations, Powers (and those who have run those Powers), in the IR.

Everyone knows William runs Hazen, and Hazen is the leader of the Kevellond League.

But how many know that Phasmus is the leader of the NeoIllithid, and the Deep Illithid?

For that matter, do you know what the NeoIllithid and the Deep Illithid are?
Would you like to know?

That is the reason for an Atlas!

- - -

Folks, all you have to do is tone the power level down, and you have a number of viable campaign settings here.

Drop magic to 9th level and remove superscience, and you have a wild and interesting, creative, variation on the normal World of Greyhawk Campaign Setting (Oerth, that is.)

Think of something folks.
Prior to the IR, how many of you could hear the word Oerth, and know what it meant?
Who had ever heard of Furyondy, Veluna, or the Great Kingdom of Aerdi?
Ok, you'd hear of those?
Who had heard of Lyrn? Ishtarland? Aquaria? AnaKeris?
The Suel Imperium? The Isle of the Phoenix?
All official Greyhawk stuff.
Of course, you could not have heard of Varnaith, for I made that one up myself. Along with the Solistarim.

There is a wealth of material and ideas for campaigns.
All you need to do is tweak the setting, as it were, to suit your own tastes.

I would love to see an Atlas of the IR. That would be neat. A list of all the Powers, and those who ran them.
Not as a tribute to me.
But as a tribute to those who played in the IR, and who made it great.
And because it would be great reading, in any case.

Cheers to all of you!

Edena_of_Neith

P:S

You might get grumpy ol Forrester involved in this, since he has a long memory, and might remember things even the histories do not show.
For that matter, find the others, find all the others, and ask them for information on the IRs.

The IR will never die, if you remember it, and if you preserve it in your writing.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
EDENA: I very much like your idea of an atlas for the IR. I am willing to work on it along with anybody else that wishes to help.

Also, this IR has been incredible, and I love your narrational ability. Thank you.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Thank YOU.

Thank you for playing.

Thank you for staying in the IR.

Thank you all.

If I ever run another IR, I hope to see all of you again!

If you run any IRs, watch out! - I might just join in.

- - -

Why not start by creating a list of all who have played in the IRs, and who they played?

Start with me.

I was the silly guy who asked the question: What would your PC do if Gnomes invented the Industrial Revolution? ...

In other words, I was the DM.

Now to the players!

There have been a lot of people in the IRs.
At least fifty.
All of whom deserve full honor and credit.

How about creating a Wall of Honor for the IR?

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ah, one more thing.
It should be obvious, but I will say it anyway:

Everyone in the IR who succumbed to the Red Goo is resurrected and restored (along with the world of Luna, I might add.)
All Red Goo and Red Steel is gone, forever.

For the first time since Turn 3, there is no Red Goo in the IR.

Hooray!

Of course, it is up to you whether it stays that way.

- - -

The taraakians are repairing the hundreds of worlds destroyed or damaged by the lethal stuff.

They are still waiting for Hellmaster Phibrizzo to make up his mind, by the way.

Mr. Draco

First Post
I started a thread for the atlas in the In Character main forum. Let's get the list of players done in here so that I can transfer it over to the post i reserved.

Anyway, here's the list I can think of off the top of my head:

Edena_of_Neith
William Ronald
Reprisal
Forrester
Turrosh Mak
Mr. Draco
Serpenteye
The Forsaken One
Festy Dog
Kalanyr
Gnomeworks
Creamsteak
Zelda
Sollir Furryfoot
Melkor
Maudlin
Kaboom
Spoof
'o Skoteinos
Bonedagger
John Brown
Anabstercorian
Zouron
Lynux
Tokiwong

This is everybody I can think of off the top of my head that has participated in the IRs. If I've forgotten somebody, let me know so I can update the list. If I've forgotten you, no offense meant, just let me know and I can update it.

Last edited:

Remove ads