(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 1a)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Project Pi

I just want to post, Edena, to tell you that Project Pi has been delayed until 9:00pm CST today. Kalanyr, that also affects you.

Kalanyr, I want you to get your half of the research done ASAP. It's imperative that your part is in progress when my science group jumps in and starts helping. Remember to observe carefully what occurs, and when I give the signal, you should stop your labs immediately. It's imperative that you do so - doing otherwise could lead to disastrous results.

Edena, I apologize for the inconvenience, but I have much homework to do and I have to go to church. I will alert you as soon as my part of the research is ready to begin.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
As of this point, most of the Powers in the IR have declarations of Attacks and Defenses.

The buildup of 11th level magic is staggering.

It is producing Wild Magic Storms, strange light phoenomenon, and twists in reality in every Crystal Sphere involved.

The room the Peace Conference was held in is still lit, and totally abandoned.
A sad, deathly silence hangs over the place where a future for the Spheres could have been created.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Kaboom, noted.

You need not state you are abandoning an Attack publicly - you can e-mail me that you are doing so.

Now that you have called off your Attack, Kaboom, you may not make a new one today.

- - -

GnomeWorks, I understand.
Take your time, and I hope your IRL work goes well.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
And so it begins

Here are the things that are being done by my power, all based on the 11th level magic post. As much of these things as possible are done in the first hour of the IR.

QUICK ACTIONS WITH 11th Level Magic

You can create a great geyser of Oerthblood, which continues to spew upward indefinitely. (This is done throughout my territories)

You can choose to permanently increase your PC's PL by 5. (Done)
You can choose to permanently increase all of your NPC's PL by 3. (Done)
You can attempt to locate a known artifact (1 in 1,000 chance.)
You can create one pocket dimension, size LL.
You can create a Flying City, if a city is at hand already. This City can spelljam as if it had a Greater Helm of titanic proportions. ((Veluna City receives this power.)

You can bring sustenance (rain, enriching the soil, etc.) to the natural ecosystem over an area the size of Bissel. (Being done in Bissel.)

You can begin the creation of a new race of beings. This race can have any powers short of those of the demipowers, singular dragon types, demon lords, tarrasque, etc.

(Being done for my gigantic flumphs.)

You can undo the environmental damage of technological inventions, over an area the size of Furyondy. (Being done in Ekbir)

You can immediately begin growing a forest. (Regrowing the Udgru forest in Ekbir.)

You can summon the Avatar of any God (although it may not choose to stay, and it might be very unhappy with you.)
(Humbly asking for Rao's avatar, to help spread peace and protect the innocent.)

You can begin freeing your undead of Acererak's control. (Being done in the Baklunish area.)
You can withstand Acererak's attacks. (Being done.)

You can grant yourself and your mages psionic abilities (you gain all the psionic classes), and your Power increases in PL by 50. (Done).

You can begin casting psionic enchantments.
You can give yourself the ability to Shapechange, gaining all the powers of the creature whose form is assumed. (Done)
You can begin resurrecting the dead (1 PL worth.)

You can begin creating a Mythal. It can have any powers of 1st through 9th level, up to several dozen of them, and they are permanent within a 4000 square mile area. (Similar to Myth Drannor, around the Oerth Alliance headquarters. Blocks out evil creatures/beings and chromatic dragons, and defiling magic.)

You can begin functioning as a Deepspawn (gain 5 PL of monsters.) (Good aligned celestials.)

You can immediately start creating permanent Gates to other Planes, other parts of the Prime Material Plane, and to Alternate Realities.
You can summon 10 PL in help from those places. (Summoning from Upper outer planes.)

You can sense a major change in reality, but cannot do anything about it. (Trying to determine what Anabstercorian is doing with or near the Sun.)

You can attempt to grant yourself Spellfire (1 in 3 chance.)

- - -
ACTIONS THAT TAKE A FEW MINUTES WITH 11TH LEVEL MAGIC

You can create a lake of Oerthblood. (Lake Udrukankar in the Baklunish territory.)

You can give hundreds of your people the powers of a Tarrasque (see above.) Your Power's PL increases by 100. Your NPCs' PL increases by 20 percent or 5, whichever is greater. (Done).

You can choose to permanently increase your PC's PL by 10. (Done)
You can choose to permanently increase all of your NPC's PL by 5. (Done)
Y
You can create 10 pocket dimensions, size LL.
You can create a Flying City, if one is already at hand. This city can spelljam, as per above.

You and many others can begin Avangion Metamorphosis.
You and your people can project to several dozen beings, as per above.

(During a press conference to several reporters, Hazen will do this. This is per the 11th level magic quickly rule: You can project visions of other realities to a subject creature (such as showing a slave what freedom means), and that subject creature will instantly understand your point of view, with possible changes of alignment and personality.

(Hazen will try to do this in a press conference with reporters - who was made aware of this ahead of time, explaining his goals for the Oerth Alliance and his views on the current crisis. No effort to change personality or alignment.)

You can bring sustenance (rain, enriching the soil, etc.) to the natural ecosystem over an area the size of Furyondy.
(Being done in Furyondy.)

You can begin the creation of a new race of beings. (My Mistlings.)

You can undo the environment damage caused by technological inventions over an area the size of the Union of Oerth.
You can begin growing a forest.

You can free 10 PL of your undead from Acererak's control. (Being done in Erypt.)

You can withstand Acererak's attacks, and employ those attacks yourself against several dozen enemies. (Done)
You can protect your mages from Acererak's attacks. (Done.)
You can grant yourself and your mages all the special insights of the dragons, and your Power increases in PL by 100. (Done)
Thousands of your people can begin using psionic enchantments. ((Done.)

Thousands of your people can shapechange, gaining all of the powers of the creature assumed.

You can begin alteration of the geography over a small area. (Done in the area of Erypt.)

You can resurrect 10 PL of the dead. (Done for my dead troops.)

Your mages can all begin acting as Deepspawn (gain 50 PL of monsters.) You can create any monsters, including the Tarrasque.
(Done).

You and your mages can immediately start creating thousands of permanent Gates to other Planes, other parts of the Prime Material Plane, and to Alternate Realities.
You can summon 100 PL in help from those places. (Done, Upper Outer Planes.)

You and all your mages can attempt to grant themselves Spellfire (1 in 3 chance each). Your Power gains 100 PL.
(Done)
- - -

ACTIONS THAT TAKE ONE HOUR

You can create hundreds of lakes of Oerthblood. (Done throughout my territories.)

You can give several thousand of your people the powers of a Tarrasque (see above.) Your Power's PL increases by 1,000. (Done)

You can choose to permanently increase your PC's PL by 20. (Done)

You can choose to permanently increase all of your NPC's PL by 10. (Done)

You can create 100 pocket dimensions, size LL. (Done, evacuating civilians to them. Will allow civilians of allies to go there as well.)

You can create a full Flying City, ala Netheril. This city can spelljam as per above. (Veluna City.)

Hundreds of your people and you may begin Avangion Metamorphosis. (Done).

You and your people can project to several thousand beings, as per above. (Hazen tries to contact leaders in the UC of Toril, the Humanoid State, and the Eternal Empire to explain the true nature and intentions of his power and the Oerth Alliance.)

You can bring sustenance (rain, enriching the soil, etc.) to the natural ecosystem over an area the size of the continent of Oerik. (Done)

You can begin and continue the creation of an entire race of beings. (Creating the Burrowers.)

You can undo the environmental damage caused by technological inventions over the entire continent of Oerik. (Done, Oerik continent. If already done by another power, do this in an ocean area of equivalent size.)

You can permanently alter your Power's technology so that it causes no environmental damage. (Done.)

You can grow a forest over an area the size of Bissel. If the soil is dead, you can cleanse the soil in this span of time, and begin growing a forest. (Restoring Dim Forest and Oytwood.)

You can free 100 PL of your undead from Acererak's control. (Done for the Undead from the Baklunish Empire and Erypt.)

You can throw an attack Acererak-style upon an entire enemy army of 100 PL, destroying it, unless it is defending by 11th level magic.
You can protect your entire Power from Acererak's attacks. (Done).

You can grant yourself and all your mages all the special insights and abilities of the Phaerimm, and your Power increases in PL by 500. (Done)
All your people capable of 10th level magic can begin throwing psionic enchantments. (Done)

Tens of thousands of your people can be permanently given the ability to Shapechange, gaining all of the abilities of the creature assumed. Your Power gains 1000 PL. (Done.)

You can begin the creation of a new mountain range, new rivers, new lakes, new hills, rearranging the geography over an area the size of Bissel. (Restoring Bissel to Turn 0 conditions.)

You can resurrect 100 PL of the dead. (My troops.)

You can break 11th level enchantments on several thousand beings with total success. (Anyone enslaved by Rajaat.)

You can complete a Mythal over a 4,000 square mile area. Within that area, you can place several dozen enchantments of 1st through 9th level, and they are permanent. (Done in Veluna City.)

You and your mages can continue to act as Deepspawn (gain 100 PL of monsters.) (Done).

You can immunize yourself to the attacks of the Lady of Pain (but you do not gain any power over her or to attack her.) (Done.)

You and your mages can create tens of thousands of permanent Gates to other Planes, other parts of the Prime Material Plane, and to Alternate Realities.
You can summon 1,000 PL in help from those places. (Upper outer planes.)

You may attempt to overthrow all of the Dreams Forsaken One throws on you (1 in 5 chance each)
You can sense a major change in reality, and try to do something about it (1 in 10 chance) (Checking Anabstercorian's efforts, and trying to reverse any changes made to the Sun.)

In the Great Hall of the Kevellond League, Archcleric Hazen stands. He is standing with Emperor Cho Je Pa-ser of Suhfang, Gwilym Raonul, Lord William Ronald, Fand Dyvyr, Mohgyrthe Old, the elf lord Orran Rilanth of Sterich, and Kuroth Kor, King of Orcreich. (Edena, this is a role playing post. Kuroth has no PLs.)

"So it begins -- the Great War that will shape the future of worlds. I tried to find common ground between feuding factions at the peace conference. I submitted a proposal and no one accepted or offered a strong counter proposal."

"The Kevellond League, Suhfang, the Baklunish-Esmerin Confederation, Erypt, Orcreich, and our allies are merging into a single nation -- the United Federation of Oerth. We will have a democratic republic, with guaranteed civil liberties. Each member state keeps their own leadership." Hazen says to the reporters.

"I will remain Emperor of Suhfang," says Cho-Je Paser of Suhfang. 'We will have a local parliament as well. We believe that the people have good judgement and should run their affairs. However, we are preserving our own unique cultures."

Orran Rilanth steps up to the microphone. On his vest is a sight that will shock some people -- the Iron Fist of Orcreich.

"I fought and died in Orcreich when the Red Armada invaded. I instructed the people of that land, my friends, how to build Oerthblood weapons. When I was resurrected, the King of Orcreich declared me a brother and gave me the highest medal in his lands. I respect their beliefs, and they respect mine."

King Kuroth steps forward. "Because of the new technology, we can farm our fields better, and build better weapons and tools. We have freed our slaves, and given them land. We will live in peace with our neighbors. We will honor Gruumsh, but we will not hate those who died fighting to save our people. Perhaps in time, all peoples will live in peace and friendship."

"Besides," Kuroth says smiling broadly and wrapping a huge arm around Orrin's shoulder. "Anyone who fights as fiercely as this elf deserves my respect."

"What are our values? We have used healing spells to clean as much of the Red Waste in our lands to the best of our ability," Hazen says. (This has been done over several turns.)

"We believe all peoples have the right to make their own destiny and live in freedom and peace with their brothers. We believe we are all members of the great family of being. Regardless of who you are, we wish you well."

"We can resist the Dark Powers even in the midst of this war. We will not fight with hate in our hearts, but determination."

"May peace, freedom, justice, and compassion become the norm in all worlds. We wish you well."

OOC: It has been stated that 11th level magic will be needed to clean the Red Goo. I have tried to be a force for peace and moderation, but I don't think it worked. I did encourage peaceful protest against corrupt regimes, but it was a bit too late by them

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Hazen will answer any quesions by the press. After the questions, he will speak to the press.

"I have tried to be a force for moderation and reason. I have treated the peoples of this world and other worlds with respect."

"I ask that everyone to try to reconcile with their neighbors. We are at war. However, we can spread peace amongst one another. I have evacuated civilians to places of relative safety."

"I would ask that the people of Oerth and Toril pray for the well being of Forrester and President Lesage. I hope that they shall return, and help bring peace. I wish the people of the United Commonwealth well in this time of war. I wish the people of Mystara, Athas, Toril, Krynn and Oerth well."

"What unites us is far more important than what divides us. Perhaps I have failed to adequately express this ideal. I must claim some part in the current state of affairs."

"May Rao and all the powers of good, light, life, justice, and freedom bless the people of all the worlds. May we build a future worthy of our posterity. I pray that the future will forgive us our mistakes."

"I may have been given form and powers like to an Angel, but at my heart I am a mortal man. I am flawed, imperfect. Yet even an imperfect man such as myself can seek to become more than has been in wisdom and goodness. Each of us has this power. It is the weaponry that will defeat the Dark Powers. If we choose."

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
11th level magic actions

Geysers of pure Oerthblood gush forth from the rocks of Dragon isle and on the Celestial Plains. They roar to the heavens and dissipate as they touch the air, spreading out across miles a healing mist that rejuvinates the land and air. (Action 1)

The church of Toril oversees a mass-production of Oerth Blood weapons. Forged in an instant, coming whole from the earth, newly formed blades, bullets, and shells are created. All are given the power to cast heal and cure wounds on contact if the user wishes such. The weapons are teleported to all the nations of the Oerth Alliance as quickly as they are being made. Among the weapons are bombs that hurl Oerth Blood in a wide radius upon impact. (Action 2)

A collection of mages, on the behalf of the Lendore Isles, give the power of shapechange and awaken (as per the spell) the entire species of Dolphins. An underwater city of self-contained air and a permenent portal to the city are created for them. The Sunrise alliance offers them our full protection. (Actions 3 + 4)

Edena, how long would it take to create a new star near Oerth? If I did it in stages and had it built through allotments of quick or minute-long 11th level magic? I do not do this action. For now, I merely speculate.

Thank you.

kaboom

First Post
Being done in an hour:

You can create hundreds of lakes of Oerthblood. (done in the Corusk Mountains)
You can give several thousand of your people the powers of a Tarrasque (see above.) Your Power's PL increases by 1,000. (Done)
You can choose to permanently increase your PC's PL by 20. (Done)
You can choose to permanently increase all of your NPC's PL by 10. (Done)
You can create 100 pocket dimensions, size LL. (Done)
You and your people can project to several thousand beings, as per above.
You can bring sustenance (rain, enriching the soil, etc.) to the natural ecosystem over an area the size of the continent of Oerik. (Done for a large amount of Athas)
You can begin and continue the creation of an entire race of beings. (Done for Hate-eaters)
You can undo the environmental damage caused by technological inventions over the entire continent of Oerik. (Done)
You can permanently alter your Power's technology so that it causes no environmental damage. (Done)
You can grow a forest over an area the size of Bissel. If the soil is dead, you can cleanse the soil in this span of time, and begin growing a forest. (Done in the Corusk Mountains)
You can summon the Avatar of a God, force it to stay, and attempt to force it to do your bidding (1 in 3 chance). It will NOT appreciate this. (doing this to Melkor)
You can grant yourself and all your mages all the special insights and abilities of the Phaerimm, and your Power increases in PL by 500. (Done)
All your people capable of 10th level magic can begin throwing psionic enchantments. (Done)
Tens of thousands of your people can be permanently given the ability to Shapechange, gaining all of the abilities of the creature assumed. Your Power gains 1000 PL. (Done)
You can begin the creation of a new mountain range, new rivers, new lakes, new hills, rearranging the geography over an area the size of Bissel. (done in the Corusk mountains. I'm creating a area that is ripe for colonization)
You can resurrect 100 PL of the dead. (Done)
You and your mages can continue to act as Deepspawn (gain 100 PL of monsters.) (Done)
You can immunize yourself to the attacks of the Lady of Pain (but you do not gain any power over her or to attack her.)
You and your mages can create tens of thousands of permanent Gates to other Planes, other parts of the Prime Material Plane, and to Alternate Realities. (Done for the upper planes)
You can summon 1,000 PL in help from those places. (angels)

zouron

First Post
11th Level Actions

I will be doing this as previous taskes gets done.

1) Remove ALL Red Goo from the continent of Anakeris and out over the border in a 200 mile radius.

2) Reverse all enviromental damages to the Continent of Anakeris and surrounding area caused in over the last 4 turns.

3) Regrow all lost vegatation on Anakeris.

4) (and final) remove all Enviromental Damages on the Oerth Crystal Sphere.

okay I should be done for the next... week and a half hehe.

Edena: BTW I think I have been exploiting the knowledge I ahve of the Domains of Dread ;-)

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Statements of Action and Intent

Edena, as much as I appreciate the offer, I must turn down the True Staff of Ancient Penumbra. I'll try and find it on my own.

====

What am I doing with 11th level magic quickly?

"You can project visions of other realities to a subject creature (such as showing a slave what freedom means), and that subject creature will instantly understand your point of view, with possible changes of alignment and personality." (All those who accepted my offer of ceremorphosis now know EXACTLY what it means to be Illithid, and what it means to be Postillithid, as I'm dubbing the new species. The illithid of the Army of Darkness are shown why I'm doing what I'm doing as well, in addition to all of the Neoillithid intellectuals of Toril.)

"You can bring sustenance (rain, enriching the soil, etc.) to the natural ecosystem over an area the size of Bissel."
"You can undo the environmental damage of technological inventions, over an area the size of Furyondy. "
"You can immediately begin growing a forest." (Setting up a self-contained eco-system on the Penumbral Hub.)

"You can summon the Avatar of any God (although it may not choose to stay, and it might be very unhappy with you.)" (I call on Ilsensine to aid me in the construction of the Penumbral Hub, so that the seat of the next Illithid empire would be more to his liking.)

"You can grant yourself and your mages psionic abilities (you gain all the psionic classes), and your Power increases in PL by 50.
You can begin casting psionic enchantments." (WHAM. Every illithid in my army now has the feat Merciless Mind Blast of Screaming Agony.)

"You can break an 11th level enchantment upon one creature (1 in 2 chance.)" (I'd like to try and ward against this sort of effect on Mordenkainen.)

Additionally, I'm going to set up enormous wards around the Penumbral Hub to protect against 10th level and lower assaults, including things such as teleported nuclear attacks.

Last edited:

Remove ads