• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 1b)

Posted by Zelda:

If my plan works, Melkor might have trouble getting those tormented souls. At least if he tries to use them within Oerth Sphere. I intend to kick those soul dealers out of business within this sphere.

Well, my main stronghold lies within The Plane Of Shadow, and it is there where my Red Shade Army is being created. I currently have no forces in Crystal Sphere of Oerth, only some spies and agents, but my name is feared in many Crystal Sheres and soon will be in all of them!

"Would Melkor be kind enough to drag his evil divane demonic ass out of our cosmos, and let it take rest of him with it to spend long holiday in warm and welcomming summer hole, known by such an cuddly name as Oblivion. And start loving that holiday so much he never wishes to come back... oh wait, he coundn't even. Silly me."

Hmm, Melkor has just noticed Eidor, he may even personally punish him when he has time and opportunity, fortunately for your NPC Mellkor is much more interested in likes of Hazen, Anabstecorian and Siobhan.

Edena, my 11th level magic action for next turn is to infuence people of Calimshan( if possibly also Amm and Tethyr) so they listen to Church Of Shade agents and Senator Malyk, and support breaking from Commonwealth. Of course my agents have almost infinitive supply of money for the purpose of bribes, and Order Of The Black Death, my elite order of Shade Assasins, Shadowdancers and Monks will help in disposing of uncorruptable officials, especially if those beneath them are more easy to influence.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Kalanyr, thank you for returning my troops. Kill Mina for me - She is a threat to peace. I would appreciate the return of the True Staff of Ancient Penumbra but it is not necessary at this very moment.

Alzem, I have regained an 11th level infrastructure. Thanks for the offer, but I have a dark god to smack down. 1% - That's almost nothing! What good is that? I want to blind them all with starlight, dammit.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
I free the caputered mages, clerics and everything else I've captured with my attack on Rajaat, only to have them assimilated into the Swarm.

"They are yours, my Queen."

Posted by Sollir

I also send the 10k PL of Red Army from Melkor to assist him against Forsaken One (I assume the other 10k PL of Red Army Melkor has there chooses to assist as well), unless Forsaken One chooses to uplift his attack.

Indeed, these forces are stationed in the cities that belong to Dragon Kings. Edena, I assume that Dragon Kings won`t willingly merge themselves and their forces with Red Goo?

REALITYCHANGE 1, 4 TO GO (THIS IS A WARMING UP)

(OOC: Edena I'm Killing ALL MAGIC ON ATHAS, that leaves Technology and Psionics and since I along with the people on Athas are the only ones 100% psionic and the rest of the people would need to spend a full turn 11th to acomplish that that would leave me in a VERY powerfull position there.
If I am wrong here...... please correct me and I'll change this, you didn't want to say what for effect it would have :))

I would be at full power, the natives of Athas that are Psionic would be, tech wuold work.

But the red army would have nothing, since only demipowers would still be able to wield some magic, but for the rest.... and how magic is the red army on it's own? I was hoping this might destabilise them a bit.

ACTION POST DAY 1 WILL FOLLOW (FOR ME) THIS EVENING.
SAID WILL BE POSTED WITHIN 5 HOURS.

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
Emerald Order - Day 1

"You are free again, mylady. You are no longer under the control of this force of Evil. May the light shine on you."

"Thank you, Lady Angelika. I will not forget what you have done for me. I hope I can repay you in the future."

Angelika smiles, after the concubine has been freed from Melkor. Yet, when the ladies say farewell for now, some bad news gets to her.

"Lady Angelika, we're under attack! We have suffered heavy losses, I don't know if we can hold it!"

"What are you talking about, under attack? By whom?"

"The Black Brotherhood madam, they are everywhere. Their magic is potent, they are far stronger than we are! You must come to our aid!"

"I will. Let me ready myself. Go now, I will join you in a little while."

Angelika runs to her chambers, getting ready for battle. Yet before she goes, she messages everyone in the Alliance of Oerth."

"My friends, my allies, I need your help. I have taken the faith of many into my hands, and I failed. While I was needed, I was away, I was busy in a heavy project, which I was asked to do. In that matter, I have succeeded. Yet my own people are being slaugthered. We have suffered big losses and the Black Brotherhood isn't going to quit any time soon. I need your help, very badly. Please, come to my aid!"

After that, she starts praying to the inhabitants of the Seventh Heaven.

"I come to you, forces of goodness, legions of truth. I, Angelika, protector of Oerth, am in trouble. The gift I have received is wonderful, yet the pain my people are suffering is too much. We, the people of Oerth, are being killed by forces of Darkness. I call to you, again. I call out for help. I am looking for people to aid me everywhere, yet I do not know if that will be sufficient. I am asking, no, I am praying to you for help. Please, come to our aid. Come to the aid of Good. Take me away if you must, yet save my people.

Save Oerth.

At any cost.

Please."

Then she looks up, towards the sky, removing the tears from her face. Then, she takes out her armor and dons it. She shines in the armor created from Oerthblood, forged by the Earth. She takes on her robe, green with golden borders and the words "Oerth - Faith" insribed with the same goldish color.

She moves towards the door.

"Please."

Then, she goes out to battle.

<OOC>
Edena, have you ruled on the Blood Army?
Also, Day 2 Attack/Defense are mailed.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Deep in the Oertian earth, even deeper than the Underdark, a little worms burrows its way through the layers of sand and debris. Deeper and deeper down it goes, untill it notices that there is no more earth, but a strange substance. Soft, slimy and with a glimpse of intellect. The worms stops, and changes into a man: Ho Skoteinos. This man is the first man to look upon the new Hive Cluster of the Formians.

He is deeply impressed by what he sees: The purple substance is everwhere, and on this substance, hundereds, no thousands of Formians live their lives, working, researching, planning and preparing attacks. The buildings are alien at least. Strange structures, never seen before. The buildings seem to move, to breed, the seem ... alive?

Only seconds after touching the substance, a pair of Formians arrive. <<We have been waiting for you, Leader of the Orcs>>, a voice echoes in his head. “Yes, I am here. Bring me to your Queen.” <<Of course>>.

They take him to a great building, a great hall, built around her throne. It’s a strange throne, with pipes reaching out of it and it emenates great magical power. Closer inspection reveals that it is not just a throne. This whole structure is built around a huge organ: Hewards Mystical Organ...and on this throne She sits. She, the leader of the Swarms.

“Vaeregoth”, he speaks, still awed by the impressive sight, and he kneels. <<Have you considered our offer? Are you here to bring us the message we want to hear?>> She projects the words into his head. She sounds neutral, but with a slight threat if her vision is denied to her.

“Yes, my Queen. I have considered your offer, and we accept. Me, the Orcs, and all their allies will willingly accept the gift you have offered to us. From now on, we shall think as one, act as one ... BE one.” <<I am glad you have seen the wisdom of our words. We shall begin the ritual immediately>>

Almost a minute passes, and in that minute, nobody speaks a word. Complete silence fills the great structure. Then, suddenly, Ho Skoteinos hears voices. No one or two, not dozen, hundereds or thousands, but millions of voices. Order being given, reports being made on progress of new structures, of new research, of scouting missions. It’s too much to comprehend, even for his strong mind. He’s on the edge of breaking, when suddenly, he finds himself able to focus on one voice at a time.

Minutes he remains montionless, completly shocked by the immensity of what he has seen, of what he has become. Then, he gets up. <<My Queen...I can see, no hear, no sense...no I *am* the Swarm...>>. <<Yes, my child>>, she replies, <<you are one of us now...>> And with these words, he returns to his people, who will become Her people too...

[OOC: All my forces have gained the Hive Mind (Ex) ability as per SRD (look for the Formian entry). This had already happened in the Interlude, but now, with people probably scrying everone else's asses off, it's public knowledge]

Remove ads