• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 2)

kaboom

First Post
Edena, how about a 24-hour break from the IR? No posting, no emails to you, just a chance to rest and recuperate from running a game for 20+ people.

William Ronald

Explorer
A plea for peace and sanity

This might be a good idea, kaboom.

I know better than most how much work Edena is putting into this IR. It is not free form, like the previous two, and requires hours of work.

I would like to publicly thank Edena for his dedication in running this IR. Also, I think we all should support Edena and Dagger who have a lot on their plates.

The situation between Anab and Melkor is very serious. I am calling for a universal truce by everyone. If the dark powers feed off of despair, violence and fear, then they are having a Thanksgiving feast right now. Unfortunately, we are dinner.

I strongly suspect that we need to have peace to prevent things from getting worse. If we can remove all of the touches, we can go about our affairs as before. Hopefully, some of the peace will be lasting. (Some enmities may have no peaceful resolution.) However, our current situation resembles a Klingon proverb from Star Trek: Only a fool fights in a burning house.

I submit to you that the passing of three touches shows that we are in a burning house. Do we put out the fire or throw gasoline on it. I will stick with this IR. However, I don't want to play in Ravenloft if we can avoid it. I suspect things are getting a lot worse despite the efforts of a few people to encourage peace.

If people stand down, I will help them with non-damaging projects. I think the Oerth Alliance would like to see the Penumbral Hub restored. While I will not corrupt people to a different alignment, I could see helping restore the City of Greyhawk. The threat of the Dark Powers changes everything. What good is vengeance if we all fall into the Domain of Dread.

Also, I think the tactic of corrupting people to different factions is not wise. We could give Edena a bookkeeping nightmare. (Be kind to your DM and moderator.)

A very simple peace proposal is on the table: a cessation of hostilities and a recognition of existing borders. It does not get simpler than that. I would like to hear some comments.

Gnomeworks, I owe you an apology. I should have kept you appraised of what was going on in the IR. I have been trying to play diplomat and be a voice of reason. I ask your pardon.

Hazen also has a request to those forces fighting Rajaat and the Dragon Kings.

"I understand that war is a bloody affair. However, can you perhaps more directly target enemy forces with smart bombs and other tools to avoid civilian casualties. Most of the people in the cities controlled by the Dragon Kings are afraid and oppressed. Making sure they are not targeted by your weapons and that they don't receive collateral damage would be welcome. Plus, you could also encourage them to rise up against the Dragon Kings. If they are not being bombarded by you, this tactic can work. It might help you achieve a quicker and less costly victory if you are determined to continue this war."

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
I'd be inclined to agree with Kaboom.

Also I urge you to reconsider the corruption thing, those with multiple 11th level powers gain greater benefits than those without.

Considering that I and a few others (Dagger,Zelda,William,Alzem,Black Omega,Melkor and the DM Black Brotherhood) will not have 2+ 11th level powers (Freebie + Research with Freebie PL for Original Power) next turn, this thought is really disturbing to me. Especially given that if I just hadn't researched 11th on Turn 6 I'd be better of now. I really do not feel my reward for researching 11th should be everyone else getting multiple times my power. Eg.

Player 1 has 2 11th level powers next turn he corrupts 2 more powers. Giving him 16/16 attack/defence for 1 day.

I have 1 power, I corrupt 1 power. I now have 8/8 attack/defence for 1 day. In short I'm so very very dead if he attacks me, and my attack against him is -8 so I can't hurt him either.

In the case of Sollir this gets truly sick since next turn he will have 3 11th level (Acerereak, League of Warlords and Unseele) powers allowing them to corrupt 1 more power each for a 24/24 . Thats really not good for anybody else.

Basically those of us who researched 11th or got given it without a 2nd power to go along with it, will become the minor players you wanted to avoid when you gave everyone 11th level magic.

Admittedly I'm biased since I in particular get horrendously screwed over by this.

Since the total results of my research in Turn 6 was: (-XX 000 PL, and having my attack and defence effectively halved or quartered. As you know I'm a fairly frequent poster but its gonna stop oh so very soon because its not even going to be worth the effort when I can do nothing except die horribly from someone with 4 times my attack/defence strength.)

Edit- Another problem with corruption is unlike every other 11th action its harder to undo than it is to do.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
I will say that Kalanyr raises a valid point. Also, people can keep on corrupting powers left and right. I think we need to stop the corruption arms race before it gets out of hand.

Remember, any tactic you use can be used against you.

I will be gone until tomorrow afternoon. Until then, I wish everyone here well.

(Please read my previous post and think about it. I am willing to put past differences aside for the good of the IR. Survival is more important than revenge. What is the point of revenge if you destroy yourself and everyone around you?)

Last edited:

Zelda Themelin

First Post
I am holding attack/defence.

My 1 hour 11th magic action is trying to make 'Dark Balls of Evil Thoughts' 11th level divination block drop, to find out right way to counter those creations and to discover who is behind them.

If succesful, I freely share my discoveries with every allied faction.
First priority to share such information, is with faction (sorry, I don't recall who was taking 1 hour action to get rid of them.

If this does not work... oh... well... my attempt should still make next such attempt easier. We just can't have creations like this disturbing natural harmony.

Edena: Try you get enough rest. We probably could probably hold IR for while if you are too tired.

I am leaving net again. Just wanted to check back what was going on. Luck. :)

'o Skoteinos

First Post
11th level action for day 3:

You can finish creating several hundred Mythals. They can have any powers of 1st through 9th level, up to several dozen of them, and they are permanent within a 4000 square mile area. These Mythals may also have several permanent 10th level powers.

I create 1 very powerful Mythal over the city (100 square miles) I created yesterday. Because I'm only creating 1 Mythal, over 100 square miles, I'm using 11th level strenght for all abilities that would normally be at 10th level. Is that possible? This Mythal has the following powers:

- Protection from Evil and Protection from Good on all people inside.
- Every LN creature inside benefits from the following effects: Empowered, Empowered, Maximized Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, (increase constitution spell), Fox Cunning, Owl's Wisdom, Eagle's Splendor.
- Every LN inside is Improved Hasted.
- All Outsiders, except Formians, are immediately 11th level Banished.
- All LN people inside are immune to Mindaffecting spells of any kind (11th level Mind Blank effect. This even affects the city itself).
- Upon entering the city, a Stasis Clone is made and stored in a special facility. Upon leaving the city, the Clone gets desintegrated. When the creature dies inside the city, the Clone is teleported to a special room where someone decides wether or not the clone is activated.
- Any attack spell (a spell that would make you visible when you've cast "invisibility") cast in the city (the city is sentient and can spellcraft) gets countered by the city with a 9th level Far Greater Dispel Magic.
- People casting attack spells get disintegrated, teleported out, Microcosmed, then killed. At least, the don't survive, and their Clones are not activated.
- The only people who can cast attack spells are the special security forces with wards that protect them from the above effects.
- People with special wards (the security forces, my NPC's and PC) are protected by continuous Diplicate, Two Mind, Foresight, and Divert Teleport spells.
- Anyone entering the city gets Hive Minded untill they leave.
-Divine spells are impaired.
- Upon entering, all spells are dispelled.
- The city (outside walls) is protected by Prismatic Walls of Force.

zouron

First Post
hmm I tend to agree with kaboom, but I was thinking why not a 1 week break then edena really has the chance to get fully rested...

william I will answer your post later when I am more hmm able to think *is tired right now*

Edena, my additional 11th level power will add 4 points to my attack on turn 3( you received my email?)

Mr Draco

Rivalen`s response to Kas:

-What proof that we won`t betray you? Let`s say that it wouldn`t make sense, we have too many enemies and are in desperate need for allies. Anyway our rebellion would have succeed already, for most of The Shade support my vievs and are tired of Melkor`s foolish leadership, yet The Shadowking has its Red Army, which is mighty, and which we cannot defeat.
Anyway I have a plan to strike against Melkor himself, not only his Avatar. Actually an ally of mine has travelled to the past, to aquire the knowledge of the spell known as Karsus Avatar from its creator. I am not sure if he will be succesful( OOC:Edena) but we might replicate this effect with 11th level magic only, with the aid of Union Of Worlds and its allies. Than I would like to become The New God Of The Shade, but I would share his Divine Power with you and God Emperor. Than nothing will stop us from creating a new era of prosperity, which shall be ruled by logic and reason, principles that you and God-Emperor follow, and so would The Shade if it wasn`t for Melkor`s madness.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads