• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 3)

Cats outof the Bag Everyone...

A few corrections in the mail sent to Creamsteak, Sollir, William, and Edena.

Creamsteak originally made out that letter, without even consulting me although I guess he thought he knew which side I was on by that time. If you had noticed, I delayed every little bit possible in attempting to CDG Melkor, obviously I wouldn't do that though, would I? :) I took on Rajaat later on, showing a little bit of that, although any plans to betray Melkor wasn't in my portfolio...we have much, much more evil things to do.

To Creamsteak:
Hellmaster Phibrizzo smiles, "Blackguard Sanctus, want to just build that mana fortress of yours in my domain already? Or shall I corrupt that elven god of yours first?"

Edena, Hellmaster will contact the Red Army to see if they're willing to be metamorphasized into Red Pudding.

(My computer is getting screwed up so i'll continue with another post soon)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO KALANYR

Kalanyr

I will have a talk with Mina and see if I can convince her to see the error of her ways. (Instead of my corruption action if this is acceptable) (If I can do this, I set no parameters on what path she chooses to walk afterwards.) If I can't then I'll leave this for my Day 5 action and I'll repost it then.

ANSWER:

She will not voluntarily forsake her devotion to the One God.
However, if you tell Mina of the situation with the Red Goo (the attacks on other Crystal Spheres) she would voluntarily ally with you.
She would remain evil.

(I know this won't count as a corrupted faction, since Mina is after all merely one person (a very powerful person but still one person) and besides that Mina might decide to stay Evil. )

William- if you're still playing the Angels, I'd like to ask for them. If not, no big deal.

ANSWER:

The Angels are yours, Kalanyr.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
No, they won't agree to be turned into Red Pudding.

However, the Red Army likes you, Sollir.

They like your style.

I am altering the Order of Battle, and giving you the Red Army to play (in addition to the 4 other Powers you already have.)

- - -

To bring more enjoyment of the game for Kalanyr, I am giving up the Angels, and giving them to Kalanyr to play.

William, since you control 3 Powers already, I hope you won't mind.

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC-

Not bad Sollir, you're now more powerful than the Union of Oerth.

Not bad at all, I was waiting for you to show your true colours. (Couldn't resist bragging could you ?) ;) :p (Also the fact Zouron knew about my #IR channel despite the fact I never posted it on the boards) (For those who are interested there's a chatroom you can use for the IR on psionics.net its channel #IR (Bugbears rooms still up to so this makes 2 channels. )

Edena- Thank you for the Angels. Could I have a few general hints on the way they act, so I can do the In Character posts properly?

Also I'll inform Mina of the Red Goo across the cosmos. (As long as this doesn't harm Anabstercorian's PL).

Acererak grins a smile bearing flawless rubies containing the souls of many valient warriors, his latest toy Muji Eviri...yet he abandons his torturing for a moment, a mere fraction of time as he goes about his 'responsibilities.'

Traveling through the negative energy plane, he locates dead essence of the once god Myrkul, the Lord of Bones...and offers him a proposition.

"A kin of mine, without question...Lord Myrkul." The demi-lich skull of Acererak lights up with crimson light. "I wish to restore you to your former glory...and more...You should know by now who I am, and I know by your past successes...and single failure who you are. I wish to revive you, and more than that! Our essences will join into one, and with the help of one other we will be the undisputed God of Undeath in all crystal spheres. Look at the events transpiring..." Acererak imparts to Myrkul the status of the Red Puddings and that of Ravenloft, "This is where your future will take you, we will erase your grievous mistake and make you truly mighty...become one with me and we will be invincible!"

(If Myrkul accepts, the Crown of Horns hosting a little remainder of his essence will teleport to Acererak, who will infuse them both together and bring Myrkul's dead spirit into himself, forming one being which will be known as the Dark Duo.)

Back in da house~

Hi peeps, the slimy one minded psionic freak is back from a well spent 4 day absence from this amazing game.

I just finished reading up on all I missed last days and damn I'm glad to see I'm in one piece.

I see some certain devellopments have taken place and I will respond as soon as I can to them (within a few hours, time to put some effort again in this game after a few days. I was on a role when I left and I don't plan to stop that now).

Sorry Edena but as you might have expected you will have a email incomming from me.

Containing attack /defenses day 4.

---------------------------------------

Edena I have a favor to ask.
That you change the names of the factions of me and Skoteinos.

It's based on the fact that the Swarms consist of broods.
Each brood has it's own task.
Each brood has its own controlling entity.
These entities are called "Cerebrates".
These celebrates obey the queen and only the queen.

At the moment there are 4 broods.
1) Original brood, controlled by Cerebrate Zazz, once illithid.
2) First assimilated brood, the orcs of the pomarj, controlled by once Orc Cerebrate Ho_Skoteinos.
3) Second assimilated brood, the hostiles on Athas, controlled by Cerebrate Rajaat, once ???????.
4) Latest assimilated brood, assimilations from Mystara who wished to join or were hostile, controlled by Cerebrate ???????, once ?????
5) The brood that consists of the new strain of Formians that I am creating, controlled by Cerebrate Naesn, born a pure Adelante.

(Adelante (single), Adelantes (plural), Adelanti (name of the race) if you might have missed the post in which I named my new race, which was a pain to come up with :) )

The Latest assimilated brood's celebrate will be chosen by Ho_Skoteinos.
Skoteinos will also provide you with the new names of the two broods OOC controlled by him.

Brood names are given very simple by: The XXXXXX Brood

HERE COME THE NAMES:

My primary brood controlled by Zazz will be renamed to:
The Rilana Brood
PL value: PL from my original faction at the end of this turn (including doubling :D) (assumed to be around 50,000).

My second brood controlled by the former Rajaat will be renamed to:
The Orsini Brood
PL value: PL from the assimilated Rajaats Champions and other assimilated people from Athas.
(Including doubling) (assumed to be around 45,000).

My third brood consisting of the new Formian strain will be called:
The Stivako Brood
PL value: if the project finishes at the end of the turn it will consist of the feat PL.
(Including doubling!!) (assumed PL to be around 200,000 yeah you read 200,000 PL)

The names of the two broods that Skoteinos controlls will be given by him, as well as his NPC that he will create to controll the 5th brood that was created from Mystarians.

NOTE: I would like to note out the fact that all these 5 broods are a single entity although played by 2 players because Edena will not let us merge.
This does not take the fact away that Skoteinos is a part of the Swarm and is a part of the hivemind. He is a 100% loyal Cerebrate that shares as much of the knowledge and powers (!!!) shared by the rest of the hive what ever benefits I had and he had we now share along with anything we assimilated has had to offer and benefit the Hive.

We stand as one, for one we are.

In the Swarms there are just a few with a own will and state of mind. These are the few Cerebrates that controll the (yet) few broods and the Queen herself.
Cerebrates may think for themselves but they are still part of the hivemind and they live only to serve the Queen and to bring prosperity to the hive so it may flourish.

ALL CELEBRATES ARE TRANSFORMED INTO ADELANTI.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Edena- Thank you for the Angels. Could I have a few general hints on the way they act, so I can do the In Character posts properly?

Also I'll inform Mina of the Red Goo across the cosmos. (As long as this doesn't harm Anabstercorian's PL).

ANSWER:

First of all, Mina offers to join Ishtarland, since going to the Penumbral Hub is out of the question, considering Anabstercorian's stance towards her.
She remains evil, totally dedicated to the One God.
She happens to be on your side, though.

- - -

Now, concerning the Angels:

Think of Hansel and Gretel, for starters.

Angels make all their judgements from a perspective that is unique to Angels. There is no equivalent in the world of mortals.
This perspective emphasizes love, compassion, mercy, understanding, pity, mercy, over all other things.
Indeed, it could be said that Angels are love, compassion, and mercy incarnate.

Angels see hypocrisy for what it is. No exceptions.
It is impossible to hide the truth of one's actions from an Angel - doubletalk, speeches, excuses, rationalizations, and justifications do not impress or fool Angels.
The fears, hatreds, hopes, joys - all the emotions of mortals, are opening reading for Angels.

Angels VERY GREATLY enjoy seeing people experiencing happiness, joy, ecstasy, love, pleasure in any form, delight, achievement, fulfillment, accomplishment, peace with themselves, peace with others.

Angels experience severe pain, when they feel hatred, anger, fear, pain, or they are confronted with death, murder, war, or plans to cause any of these things.

Angels, cannot block out these feelings - their empathy for mortals cannot be shut off.
They can endure the feelings, but they cannot refuse to feel them.

The Angels are here because they were summoned by the pleas of the people of Hope Isle, to rescue them from the madness that was destroying Toril in the 2nd IR.
The Angels were drawn by that plea for help, and choose not to refuse it.
The Angels have attempted to protect Hope Isle ever since then.
That is why they helped the Border Guard of Realmspace.

Here are things you should not ever do, with the Angels:

Have them speak very often.
Have them speak when a matter is not crucially important.
Have them EVER attempt - by force, diplomacy, talk, or any means - to cause someone to have a certain opinion, or to change someone's opinion, or to change someone's plans, or to otherwise interfere in what someone thinks, wants, or does.
Have them EVER behave in a belligerent, aggressive way.
Have them EVER threaten anyone, for ANY reason.
Have them ever be discourteous or anyone.
Have them ever behave badly, in the general sense of the word.
Make them into warmongers.
Take them into battle without a VERY good reason.
Take them into battle often at all.
Base their actions upon fear, hate, or anger (although they do become angry, they do not act based on anger.)

Angels are beyond the comprehension of mortals.
They are above mortals.
This is not an ordinary, mundane force you have, Kalanyr.
These are beings of Supreme Good, and they should be played accordingly.

They can, and will, launch 11th level attacks, Duel with 11th Level Powers.
They will attempt to prevent Greyspace from sliding into Ravenloft.
They will attempt to stop Sollir from what he is doing.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO FORSAKEN ONE

Welcome Back, Forsaken One! :)

Back in da house~
Hi peeps, the slimy one minded psionic freak is back from a well spent 4 day absence from this amazing game.

ANSWER: LOL. Amazing? More like, disastrous.

I just finished reading up on all I missed last days and damn I'm glad to see I'm in one piece.

ANSWER: You are in extreme danger. If Oerth and the others are pulled into Ravenloft, you will be too, and your Hive will become Melkor's subjects. This includes your PC. Guess what happens then?
You must stop the slide into Ravenloft.

Thanks

I see some certain devellopments have taken place and I will respond as soon as I can to them (within a few hours, time to put some effort again in this game after a few days. I was on a role when I left and I don't plan to stop that now).
Sorry Edena but as you might have expected you will have a email incomming from me.

ANSWER: If it concerns a project not involved with Attack/Defense, don't count on an answer soon. I am spending what energy I have concentrating on that, and on the imminent threat from Ravenloft.

Containing attack /defenses day 4.

ANSWER: Wait, on your statements of Attack and Defense. I am not ready for them. I haven't got the Order of Battle finished.
Besides, you have TWO Powers to declare Attacks and Defenses for, Forsaken One.

Edena I have a favor to ask.
That you change the names of the factions of me and Skoteinos.

ANSWER: I cannot do it on the Order of Battle, which is too complicated as it is.
However, I can do it in the Lists Post.

It's based on the fact that the Swarms consist of broods.
Each brood has it's own task.
Each brood has its own controlling entity.
These entities are called "Cerebrates".
These celebrates obey the queen and only the queen.
At the moment there are 4 broods.
1) Original brood, controlled by Cerebrate Zazz, once illithid.
2) First assimilated brood, the orcs of the pomarj, controlled by once Orc Cerebrate Ho_Skoteinos.
3) Second assimilated brood, the hostiles on Athas, controlled by Cerebrate Rajaat, once ???????.
4) Latest assimilated brood, assimilations from Mystara who wished to join or were hostile, controlled by Cerebrate ???????, once ?????
5) The brood that consists of the new strain of Formians that I am creating, controlled by Cerebrate Naesn, born a pure Adelante.
(Adelante (single), Adelantes (plural), Adelanti (name of the race) if you might have missed the post in which I named my new race, which was a pain to come up with )
The Latest assimilated brood's celebrate will be chosen by Ho_Skoteinos.
Skoteinos will also provide you with the new names of the two broods OOC controlled by him.
Brood names are given very simple by: The XXXXXX Brood

ANSWER: Remember that each Brood does not get it's own Attacks and Defenses. You are still limited to two Powers.

HERE COME THE NAMES:

My primary brood controlled by Zazz will be renamed to: The Rilana Brood
PL value: PL from my original faction at the end of this turn (including doubling ) (assumed to be around 50,000).
My second brood controlled by the former Rajaat will be renamed to: The Orsini Brood
PL value: PL from the assimilated Rajaats Champions and other assimilated people from Athas.
(Including doubling) (assumed to be around 45,000).
My third brood consisting of the new Formian strain will be called: The Stivako Brood
PL value: if the project finishes at the end of the turn it will consist of the feat PL.
(Including doubling!!) (assumed PL to be around 200,000 yeah you read 200,000 PL)

ANSWER: I will alter the Lists Post to cover this.

The names of the two broods that Skoteinos controlls will be given by him, as well as his NPC that he will create to controll the 5th brood that was created from Mystarians.

NOTE: I would like to note out the fact that all these 5 broods are a single entity although played by 2 players because Edena will not let us merge.
This does not take the fact away that Skoteinos is a part of the Swarm and is a part of the hivemind. He is a 100% loyal Cerebrate that shares as much of the knowledge and powers (!!!) shared by the rest of the hive what ever benefits I had and he had we now share along with anything we assimilated has had to offer and benefit the Hive.
We stand as one, for one we are.

ANSWER: Noted. Everyone else should note this also. Forsaken One and 'o Skoteinos are basically one great Power.

In the Swarms there are just a few with a own will and state of mind. These are the few Cerebrates that controll the (yet) few broods and the Queen herself.
Cerebrates may think for themselves but they are still part of the hivemind and they live only to serve the Queen and to bring prosperity to the hive so it may flourish.

ANSWER:

Noted. It is quite a concept.
I hope it is not all destroyed by Melkor.
You must halt the descent into Ravenloft.

Remove ads