• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 5)

Serpenteye

First Post
______
I request this OOC argument stop now, before it goes any further.
______

*Ok then. I wasn't actually upset. William just hit a sore spot, I realise that I of all the players of the IR (except Reprisal himself) am the one most responsible for Reprisal leaving the game. I should have realised that my actions IC could cause real OOC anger and frustration.
Reprisal, if you are reading this, I'm sorry, I never intended to upset you.

Serpenteye, no insult meant. I do like your strategic thinking. Also, I have to check with Edena but I think I have found the one thing in all the multiverse that the God Emperor does not have that he truly longs for. (No fair guessing, but I will see if the God Emperor (does he have a name?) can receive something more precious than diamonds or gold. If you know what it is, maybe keep quiet so we can make it remarkable, okay?) It is not a trap or anything like that, but you did mention it in one of your previous posts.

And no insult meant to you. Without you the IR would be much less than what it is. Your eloquence is stunning and exceeded only by Edena himself. I find it extremely dificult to gain the upper hand in a debate against you, my strikes below the belt in the Humanoid liberation debate was the only way for me to emerge victorious and if not for the third touch the Humanoids would have wet themselves from laughing at the pityful rhetoric of the God Emperor. ;)
I think I know what you're talking about, a little bit of sentimental drivel I injected at some point... Here's some more:
The God Emperor had a name, when he was mortal. Actually he has had many names, abandoned by him as he reached new degrees of power and influence. He had one name as a child in the slums of Rel Deven after the Grewhawk wars, another name as a spy and cutthroat and another as a trophy husband to an archmagistress. Yet another as an archmage himself, plotting his way trough the murderous intricacies of the Aerdi nobility, making and breaking alliances, destroying lifes and carreers, and when he started worshiping power and himself he took yet another name. When he finally crushed the last obstacles to the throne of Ahlissa and overthrew the government of the North Kingdom, another. Having overcome every enemy he felt invincible and took the name he now use. In his mind he has earned it, for surely noone has risen to such great power in so little time.
:)

The above is not widely known, the God Emperor has gone to some pains (not to just to himself) to hide the more sordid parts of his past (some of it's quite scandalous ;))

An answer from the God Emperor:

"Perhaps some of what you are saying is true, I cannot deny that you make a good point, but in the end, what you're asking is impossible. Your crimes are too many, your waste too great and your killing angers even me. No, the tarraakians will come. I will face their judgement and most likely fail to seem good enough. We will likely face another war and it might cost us dearly, but the Union of Worlds will emerge victorius once again and our enemies will be made to regret attacking us, if they are enemies and attack.
You should have realised your limitations, you should have understood that you could not stand against the united forces of all the worlds that oppose you. Your actions have brought you to this and there is no turning back from the cource we are all on. You will perish, unless you surrender to the Union of Worlds. Our justice will seem soft compared to what you will face at the hands of those you have actually managed to harm. Their hatred towards you is awesome."

-
The Union of Worlds will start studying the Tarraakians and their universe, we will dedicate special efforts to finding out if they have enemies of their own and wether these enemies might be interseted in coming to the Multiverse. We don't approach them yet, but wait 'till we know more about them. We assume that the Tarraakians actually have enemies or else they would have run rampant over the Time-Space continuum long ago and then turned decadent and weak. (Also, if they rule the TSC there would have been no opportunities for Edena's oldest and greatest PC to become 160th level, since that requires challenges to overcome and the Terraakiand would have eaten him alive if he challenged them.)

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Nope, I didn't convert anybody, I picked up a power that Festy's Oerthblood turned good. I don't do conversions or corruptions. They're not a part of my infrastructure, they are a seperate power. Much like the Silver Hive has become.

William Ronald

Explorer
"A Gift More Wondrous Than Gold"

OOC: Serpenteye, this one is for you. The OOC artgument is over, if there was one. Also, don't knock yourself. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else. (Serpenteye, you might be surprised that I remembered one detail of your biography that I left out.)

Hazen consults with the Angels, holding something that cannot be plainly seen in his arms.

"Difficult, but not impossible. I am not sure I will ever use the word impossible again," Hazen says.

"There is no way to know how he will respond to this. Still, there is always hope." an Angel says.

"True. However, I believe Alustriel and her husband will be happy with their gift. They deserve it. I will try to join them for a meal later and ask them about Neith and the Taraakians. Will you accompany me to the capitol of the Union and the embassy of the Kevellond League.

Hazen and several Angels appear. A startled ambassador, a gnome of middle years says, "President Hazen!!"

"Yes, it is I, Ambassador Guillaum Dolanor. Can you send a message to the God Emperor of the Union asking him to meet me here. I believe he will want to arrive here soon."

"I am sending word to him now," Dolanor says. "You're an Angel! A real, honest-to-Garl Angel."

"Yes," Hazen says smiling broadly. "Thanks for taking such a difficult assignment. I know it has not been easy."

"It's a challenge, but then again nothing interesting is easy," Guillaum leaves the room, and begins composing a written message.

A little later a written message arrives before the God Emperor of the Union. It reads:

"Greetings, God Emperor of the Union:"

"I wish to meet you at my embassy for a matter of vital importance. Also, I have something for you."

Archcleric Hazen of Veluna, President of the Oerth Alliance.
President of the Kevellond League.

All divination attempts fail.

Serpenteye, it is up to you to decide how to respond to this invitation.

Edena, you know what this is about. Hazen will remain silent until after Serpenteye responds.

OOC: Last post until tomorrow afternoon sometime. People, do consider what Edena wrote. Hazen will be busy trying to learn what he can about the Taraakians, their nature, and likely actions. Knowledge is power.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
A new message comes from the Alliance of Dread, and is sent to everyone:

Kalanyr replies with a sending

"Of course we wish to survive, but we will make the sacrifices that are required to spare as many as we can from needless suffering. I will ask the Taraakians to spare those who have done past wrong and do no wrong now, I will give my life in exchange for this. Perhaps they will take my life anyway but I will ask that they spare others with my last breath.

I have done more evil in my time, than most of you can dream of, I have struggled to become what I am now, but my beliefs make me willing to give my life as atonement for my past misdeeds. I do not believe they Taraakian's are as you paint them, no true being of good is as the picture you paint and the Angels, gentle and empathic as they are, respect the Taraakian's so it is my belief that your words are lies.

I will not offer you redemption, nor will I threaten you. All I can say is "We all chose our own paths and for our choices we pay the price", when my time comes I am willing to pay the price for what I have done. Are you? "

'o Skoteinos

First Post
kalanyr: first, Ancerak's power got disarmed, and then he got converted to Good...and then you converted the mages and clerics and psions etc., right?

Gurdjieff

First Post
Edena, I've sent my email with attacks, etc. just now. Sorry I haven't been posting a lot lately. I've been busy with social life stuff as well as troubles at home ("Mark, you've been sitting behind the PC for too long now. Go to bed.") Anyway, you probably get the point. I hope I will have the time to post some more IC stuff soon.

Kalanyr

Explorer
'o Skoteinos - Nope, apparantly all attacks are simultaneous, so the net result was that my disarming of Acererak left me with a pile of good-aligned spellcasters in a pocket dimension, so I let them out. I didn't do any converting at all.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Edena, posted my actions.

I am leaving internet for some time now.
"Good, like law is not an absolute. War is war and morality is the first casualty of war. Extreme measures can become the order of the day. A fine balancing act of minimizing the amount of harm done to the population to the need to provide safety and moral direction to your friendly forces must be done. It is a very fine line.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but at least, it's paved...

Edena, if I can affect Ravenloft they are in for a surprise :D

Well.. actually they won't be able to :D

And another campaign world kicked the bucket :p

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads