• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 6)

Serpenteye

First Post
William Ronald said:

"I ask people to stand down and explain their actions."

"We have explained our actions. We have attempted to compromise. We have tried to build a lasting peace. They wouldn't listen. They rejected peace and now they have to pay the price.

The time for words is over. They have chosen their fate. Now we have to destroy them and end their threat once and for all. For they are not ready for the powers they posess, they do not have the maturity to decide our future, much less the future of the multiverse. They are not children, for children have the potential to grow. They are fools, who must pay for their impertinence."

Posted by Venus:

Death becomes us all. It is nothing to fear, yet we shouldn't embrace it. Death is part of a circle. Birth, Life, Death. As long as you can live, death will follow. Removing the Life and people will never find their resting place. The circle is broken. And that is what the Tarakiaans want to do. They want to remove that part of the circle that I wish to keep. The part that I want to create for everyone. Indeed Angel. I say No."

Melkor`s response:

-Foolish harlot, there is NO circle, life is an abberation. The time is coming, soon the multiverse will return to the purity of The Void! But before it happens I shall see you suffer.

Serpenteye

First Post
Melkor said:
Edena, in these circumstances my 11th level Powers are defending themselves.

"So, Great Lord of the Dark, are you really going to allow the terraakian insolence to go unpunished? Are you going to accept their pulling you out of your domain to explain your actions to them like a peasant before the magistrate? Are you going to allow them to destroy you? Stand up for yourself, man! And punish them!"

William Ronald

Explorer
OOC:

Serpenteye, the Taraakians (meaning Edena) did not yet respond to Mr. Draco's offer. So, it is still on the table.

Why don't you state why they should accept it, besides you not attacking? In diplomacy, it is best to have both a carrot and a stick.

The Taraakians are giving the IR an option to continue. I am not joking when I tell you their vision of universal destruction was correct. I want an alternative besides a bunch of dead worlds. Can you propose a better alternative. (However, some people would prefer universal destruction over the loss of any power. If the superpowers had felt like this in the Cold War, we would be dead. Yes, I suppose for some of the players here, anything that lessens there power is less importatnt than living worlds. Besides, I find it funny that the Union has moved from attacking Phibrizzo -- who is trying to drag you to Ravenloft -- to attacking a power that actually believes every power in the IR deserves to remain out of Ravenloft -- and alive. Is power more important to the Union than the life of its people. The OA has an alliance, try to craft one with them.)

Also, help usually has a price. I was able to convince the Taraakians why the OA should be allies with them. Now is your chance. Don't underestimate your own rhetorical skills.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
OOC: It is pretty simple the Taraakians want to take our rights away.. I am all for avoiding ravenloft but to strip us of our rights... and our right to exist... is too much... too heavy handed.. how do you think the Taraakians would react if the roles were reversed... they would be pissed... and yes Iuz is not happy... he understands the motive but the execution is flawed in the extreme... there can be no diplomacy with hypocrisy

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
William, like i said earlier, the Taraakians had their chance to respond, they ignored the offer, and began their offensive. If you could convince them to halt their attack, then we'll go back to the diplomatic table, however, they committed an act of war, and we will respond in turn. Until the Taraakians halt their offensive, and remove their military forces from the vicinity of our colonies/planets and those of our allies, there can be no discussion. There can be no peace while they attack.

[edit]- it should be noted that the Taraakians began their offensive AFTER Kas made the offer.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
William Ronald said:
OOC:

Serpenteye, the Taraakians (meaning Edena) did not yet respond to Mr. Draco's offer. So, it is still on the table.

Why don't you state why they should accept it, besides you not attacking? In diplomacy, it is best to have both a carrot and a stick.

The Taraakians are giving the IR an option to continue. I am not joking when I tell you their vision of universal destruction was correct. I want an alternative besides a bunch of dead worlds. Can you propose a better alternative. (However, some people would prefer universal destruction over the loss of any power. If the superpowers had felt like this in the Cold War, we would be dead. Yes, I suppose for some of the players here, anything that lessens there power is less importatnt than living worlds. Besides, I find it funny that the Union has moved from attacking Phibrizzo -- who is trying to drag you to Ravenloft -- to attacking a power that actually believes every power in the IR deserves to remain out of Ravenloft -- and alive. Is power more important to the Union than the life of its people. The OA has an alliance, try to craft one with them.)

Also, help usually has a price. I was able to convince the Taraakians why the OA should be allies with them. Now is your chance. Don't underestimate your own rhetorical skills.

Oh, but they did repond. They said that the Union of Worlds was oppressive and we had to be destroyed (or something like that) after that there was no point in negotiations. It was obvious from the very beginning that they would accept nothing but our complete and utter surrender. That is not an option. Ever.

And, you are joking right? The terraakians is the worst thing that has happened to the IR. They are offering peace at the price of subjugation. If everybody in the IR surrenders to them we will all have our actions dictated by NPCs. What made the IR great was the incredible freedom it gave the players. We could run amok and let our imaginations create wonders. Now, if we surrender, that will end. And unless we then would rebell against the terraakians the IR would truly end. The fun would end (at least much of it, and any is too much)

This situation is not a cold war. The superpowers made that all by themselves, it was not forced upon them by your God or any other alien influence. The cold war started, and ended, because of human free will. The terraakians are about the opposite.

The Alliance of Dread is a threat, but the Terraakians are a greater. Do you stop to kick the kittens chewing at your ankles when you have a lion pouncing at your back?

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Serpenteye said:
The Alliance of Dread is a threat, but the Terraakians are a greater. Do you stop to kick the kittens chewing at your ankles when you have a lion pouncing at your back?
Funnily enough, I can understand. When it came down to submission or war, the Seelie were ready to fight the Taraakian also. At the same time, I consider the Taraakian the kitten when it comes to someone who in another moment of pique will simply decide to destroy everyone in the game. And I've seen nothing to reassure me he won't try it the next time he gets mad.

Serpenteye

First Post
Black Omega said:

Funnily enough, I can understand. When it came down to submission or war, the Seelie were ready to fight the Taraakian also. At the same time, I consider the Taraakian the kitten when it comes to someone who in another moment of pique will simply decide to destroy everyone in the game. And I've seen nothing to reassure me he won't try it the next time he gets mad.

So, where do you stand? With the Terraakians, or against them? Eventually, if they are not stopped, they will attack you too.

Remove ads