• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 8)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The doors to the God Emperor's chamber open.

A taraakian girl walks in.

Dressed in the standard uniform of black and red, carrying the golden sword Peacebound, she steps right up to the God Emperor's throne.

She communicates:

I would speak with you, God Emperor of the Union of the Worlds.
Will you listen, to what I have to say?

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
*NOTE*

Going to bed now, no way I'm able to stay up any longer. I'll be back in ~10 hours (yes, lotsa sleep for me :\)

I hope I will have time to react to stuff after they actually happen. If not, Edena, I hope you will react for my powers. Dunno how fast the replies are needed after the thing that's going to happen actually happens.

Good night all...

Anabstercorian

First Post
<< Allenthallus - Is there ANYTHING I can do to help fight against the Loch Nar, the Alliance of Dread, and the Sleen in this time? Must I wait in this Demiplane of Hope cooped up like a whimpering refugee? Let me fight now, before there is nothing I can do! >>

Also, Edena, I have to compliment you. Under other DM's, I would call this game absurd, overpowered, but you - You deal with an expanding power level better than any DM I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. You could write for Dragon Ball and create actual plot. Do you know how awesome that is? You can take absurb amounts of power and create flow of action and resolution. Serious props (compliments) to you.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(sad IRL look)

Thank you for the compliment, Anabstercorian.

However, in a few hours, you may wish to take that compliment back.

- - -

Allenthrellus communicates with Anabstercorian.
There is urgency in his telepathy:

Convince them to believe in us, Anabstercorian.

We have stated that what we do, we do for them.
We have stated that, what we demand, we demand for their sake.
We have stated that, what we request, we request for their sake.

We CANNOT give to them any reason for why they should believe us, or believe in us.
They MUST do that themselves, without any reason other than our word on the matter.

Help us.
Help them.
Help them to find faith in us.
Help them to believe in us.
Help them, and you help us, and you help yourself, your people, and the Penumbral Hub.

Somehow, they must find belief in us.
Somehow, they must learn to find the trust to give us absolute power over them - which is, obviously, what that Diadem charge means.

They must trust us enough, to allow us that power over them.

Anabstercorian, help them to find that trust.

That is how you could help us.

There is power in belief, Anabstercorian.
There is power in faith.
There is power in good deeds.

Anabstercorian, throwing aside fear and mistrust is a good deed.

Uvenelei

First Post
I support the Taarakians in their request. All of my forces are put to work building living space fro themselves and others. As a show of faith and hope, Aurican will work with Mina personally, if she is willing.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The words of Liracia to the God Emperor

Liracia, the taraakian; she could not be over the human equivalent of 16.
A very young lady, and she looks it, too.
Her people have placed a heavy burden on her, to come to the God Emperor as an ambassador now.

Liracia communicates to the mighty being known as the God Emperor of the Pantheon:

I am Liracia of the taraakians.
We are the taraakians, and we bequeath to ourselves the right to speak to you, as we see fit, for this occasion.

Had we chosen to exterminate your people, we would have done so as soon as we located your Spheres, and no ambassador would have been sent to speak with you first.

We chose not to destroy you out of mercy.
You were permitted to live, out of charity.
Your people and your country, was permitted to remain, our of kindness.
You are alive now, and hearing my words, out of generosity.

If in this you sense arrogance and pride, know that in great power is great responsibility; the responsibility not to use power without reason.
Not to kill, when it is easy and expedient to kill, when another answer is possible, even if it is not expedient.

We choose to show mercy where mercy was not expedient.
We choose to restrain ourselves at great risk to ourselves and our subjects.
We are attempting to save you now, knowing that you will be a threat to us and all of ours, as long as you exist.

We are working on a project that will protect you from the looming assault of the Shade.
If we succeed, you will survive this assault.
If we do not succeed, you may not survive this assault, or you may - but you will find that yours is a much poorer reality than the one you have enjoyed up until now.

To succeed in protecting you from this assault, we must generate truly enormous power.
Our power, unaided, is not sufficient to accomplish the task at hand.
Our power, even strengthened by the power of your Kevellond League, is not sufficient to complete the task at hand.

You must give us the power necessary, to accomplish what we would do, to protect you from the assault of the Shade.

You cannot give us this power by giving us your weapons.
You cannot give us this power by giving us your magic.
You cannot give us this power by giving us any material thing you possess.

However, you can give us the power we need, to accomplish our goal, and see the assault of the Shade foiled.

You can do that by giving us your faith.

You can choose to have faith in us.

You can choose to willingly hand over complete control, over you, to us - that is what the Diadem symbolizes, and why we choose it as our request.

We appreciate well your distrust of us.
We appreciate well your desire to be rid of us.
We know your heart, O God Emperor.
We know your heart, and all your deeds.

We appreciate that handing over your life into our hands will be hard.
Indeed, that is the point - that it is hard.
It must be hard, for it to have any meaning.
And it must have meaning, for it to grant us the power we require.

If we could halt the Shade assault, we would.
We cannot do so.
We cannot prevent the Shade assault from being launched.

We can, however, protect you from that assault.

However, you must do, what is extremely hard and difficult for you to do - you must have utter faith in us.
Faith, to the point of placing your life in our hands.

We offer you no assurance we are telling you the truth now.
We can lie as ably and effectively as the best amongst your kind.

Perhaps, if you give us your blessing, and we use the Diadem, we will use it to remove your power.
Perhaps, we will render your people helpless.
Perhaps, we will even choose to kill you, and eliminate your soul.
Perhaps.

That is the risk you take in dealing with us.
That is the risk inherent in acquiescing to our request.
That is always the risk inherent in faith.

More than this we cannot reveal to you.
For in the revealing, we would destroy your capacity to make choices on your own, and it is imperative that those choices be your own.
If the choice is not your choice, then we gain nothing from that choice.
If the choice is not your choice, then we gain no power from it.

Now, you must choice whether or not to have faith in us.
You answered our demand, and brought the Union of the Worlds to the Kevellond League.
That we appreciate, but now we request more.
We request that you bless the gift of the charge of the Diadem of Dreams, to us.

Yes, this we request.
Will you do so?
Will you do so, knowing that Hazen has this charge, and is very likely to hand it over to us?

Or will you deny us this blessing, and move against Hazen, to stop him from endangering you?

The choice, and the responsibility for that choice, lie in your hands, God Emperor of the Pantheon.

Last edited:

Edena I urge that you read this all and very carefully.

While the answers and thoughts of the Taraakian flow through her mind....

The world turns red
The world seems to bleed
The world is changing.....

The Taraakian finishes and looks at the Queen with its old eyes.
But there is no silence in both their minds.
Vaeregoth reads the Taraakian as their minds are as one.
She feels the emotion as it floods into her mind..
The fear...

She had already felt the disturbance in the forces of the multiverse through her scouts.
But here, on Athas.... silence.

As she saw the world turn into a crimson haze through the eyes of billions of her minions it came to her.

She understood, she comprehended.
It was known to her.
She saw the world ripple as it mingled with a force unknown and turned red.
She saw the world ripple as it had done twice before.
But this time the world didn't turn Teal like it had done before..
Red this time.. crimson red... blood red.

The Sixt toutch was comming.

Reality changed on Athas.
On Athas... her domain.
On her Domain it changed.

This would not come to pass, she would not let it become!

In her domain reality only existed at her whim, it existed only in the way she pleased, for she was The DreamWeaver!

She charged her power and she tapped into reality.
She sensed the power and it was grand but she assailed it.
She unleashed her power through the brinks of reality.

She drove her will through reality itself and as she unleashed her mental fury she and only she saw the Teal break through the Red and drive it away.

The seas of Red, weak without the magic to support it succame to the mental fury of the Queen of the Swarms.

As the Teal ripped through the Red illusion she felt the power fade and slip away as it vanished before her furious mental onslaught that raged through reality itself.

The world as Vaeregoth saw it rippled with a Teal glow for a instant and then returned back to normal.

With sorrowfull eyes the Taraakian had witnessed the Crimson illision being shred as the enigma in the hall turned into a Purple Nova.

Enpowered with his ancient magic he saw through the blinding light that emminated from the center of the hall.
From the creature that he had spoken to.
The creature that controlled reality in its Domain.
Through the light he saw the vague physical form take solid shape and as the Teal glowing exoskeleton manifested in the purple Nova he felt their minds toutch again.

As the creature, the Queen of the Hive reeled with the thoughts and energies that sided within her and flowed through her she comminucated with the Taraakian.

<<Honorable one, so pure of thought. You have put aside your arrogance, fear and hypocracy and you have shown yourself true and humble.>>

<<You have admitted your mistakes, made in haste and fear. Mistakes... we make them all but most are to proud to admit them.>>

<<Now I see you have put aside your pride and you have shown that you understand what you merely are.>>

<<Mortal.>>

<<For we are all merely mortal and the force that assails us is eternal. For the void and the darkness are eternal.>>

<<Darkness I once feared, darkness threatened me but I learned throughout my battles with it that darkness cannot be defeated and that Darkness will always exist. Darkness is within us all, darkness even resides in your own heart and soul.>>

<<I accepted the existance of Darkness, its eternal presence and I faced it.>>

<<I learned from it and I confronted it.>>

<<The lady of Loss, the Goddess Shar, the keepe of secrets eternal came to my aid. She showed me the way to learn from your darkness inside and to controll it.>>

<<I faced my darkness. I battled my darkness inside and I made it a part of myself knowing that, that what you cannot defeat you must accept and make it a part of your own.>>

<<I made my own darkness a ally and I focuss it through the Shadow Weave. I mastered my inner darkness and I controll it now. I do not fear my own darkness inside for it has been accepted that it can not ever be defeated.>>

<<Not that which I once feared fuels me and my powers for their is no inner fear, no inner conflict. No fear of that which houses in yourself and that which you can never defeated.>>

<<I turned my worst enemy, myself into my greatest ally and now I am whole. I do not fear the darkness, for I am the light and the darkness. I am the dream called twilight, that which lies between light and darkness.>>

The light of the Nova intensifies and it starts to shift from deep purple to a bright Teal. The shape within vanishes into the light as its shape fades away into the similar surrounding lights.
The light intensifies and even the Taraakians now closes his eyes for he cannot look into the light.
The light which is nothing.
Vaeregoth opens the Taraakians mind and the Taraakian views through her eyes.. her senses.

<<Look honorable one, look at the light. Look at reality in its purest form. Look at nothing.>>

<<Look at the void.>>

"But, the void is nothing! In the void there is non-existance. There is nothing! How can this be?"

<<The void is nothing, the void is everything. For reality is a dream my dear Ancient one. And dreams can be molded, shaped and redone. Reality can be molded and shaped... to my image.>>

<<This is the power from me you seek, the power you need. Do not fear the void for in the void is everything. From the nothing, the everything that is the void everything can be created. Molded and shaped it can become whatever you want, what ever you please.>>

<<Now feel through me, feel that this nothingness is everything and it is no light, it is purity for in the void it is all one and from one all is made.>>

Vaeregoth shares her mind with the Taraakian and the Taraakian feels another presense enter, it hears the billions of thoughts and voices pitching and shrieking through her mind.
He learns from another presence, one called Skoteinos, a presence in her mind. He learns from the information shared, the trust, the confidence, the love, the unity and the lack of strife.
They are as one.

<<Now Skoteinos join me, join me in my moment and experience the moment with this Taraakian.>>

The minds mingle as the Taraakian and the Cerebrates mind unite with the consiousness of Vaeregoth and they know and understand now. They feel reality, they feel the everything in the void.

<<Cherish this experience for non have experienced it before exept the gods when they created the reality as you know it now.>>

<<Taraakian feel this, know this, learn from this and share it with your kind. Tell this tale, share that the void is everything and from it all is formed. Reality is a dream my Taraakian, and it can be shaped. Shaped in my image.>>

<<Don't fear the darkness within for it is a part of you. Accept it pacify it and absorb it into your own essence and only then you shall be totlaly complete and one of mind and body.>>

<<Feel this wholeness within me, feel the purity of the dream called reality and tell your tale to your kind so they may understand. So I may enlighten them and inspire them.>>

As the minds led by Vaeregoth drift through the light and feel the wholeness of mind of Vaeregoth, the unison, the totallity the peace of twilight she thought again.

<<Taraakian, you have proven yourself worthy. You have put aside yourself and have shown humbleness and the true desire for peace. Through words and intention you have proven yourself.>>

<<You are forgiven.>>

<<Now the Darkness eternal is envellopping you all and the remnants of light pierce through the remains of the once beautifull worlds. I stand here with you.>>

<<Reality shall be shaped at you whim, here and now.>>

<<I stand here with you to dim the light and to bring a glow into the darkness.>>

As these words are spoken they see around them the world of Oerth and the Worlds of Toril and Mystara appear. All made of a fell glowing Teal substance. There are ripples everywhere as reality is being distorted. The shaking through reality itself is felt and Vaeregoth grinns inside her mind.
As they view reality, the weave, the.. everything in its purest and basic forms and essence she asks the one question.

<<Taraakian, reality lies here before you and it shall be reshaped in your image. We shall not enter the domain of Hope for our place is here. We shall make our stand on the walls of fate here and we shall face what ever comes for us here.>>

<<But I give this gift to you, the gift of Hazen, the gift to chance reality. I bid you use it well, and here I stand with you, reality flowing through my hands.>>

<<In what image shall I reshape what reality? The choice is yours, choose and I shall fullfill your wish and reality shall be shaped to your will. The will of the Taraakian here with me now, on this momen we shall forge a new destiny. A new future and a new fate for all of us.>>

<<In what Image shall it be made?>>

----------------------------------------------------------

Tell me Edena, in what image shall what reality where be reshaped? Vaeregoth awaits the desire, the wish. The dream of the Taraakians and it will be so.

Vaeregoth will make the Taraakian dream reality.
Tell me what the Taraakian dares to dream.

I hope you read the entire post carefully for there are alot of minor details like the inner darkness that might have a effect the effects of the mists on my PC and on the ingathering that is growing.

May all you fare well through the coming ours for we have arrived on the shores of destiny.

A shore forged by Vaeregoths hand.

Serpenteye

First Post
_________________Edena posted:
The doors to the God Emperor's chamber open.

A taraakian girl walks in.

Dressed in the standard uniform of black and red, carrying the golden sword Peacebound, she steps right up to the God Emperor's throne.

She communicates:

I would speak with you, God Emperor of the Union of the Worlds.
Will you listen, to what I have to say?

"Very well. There is much I'd like to know, but little that you will tell me. I understand the nature of your request. I understand the power of faith and the ways that power can be used. I also understand how you could turn our trust in you into a weapon against us. I do not understand how you can expect us to have faith in you and I do not understand how a race, far more intelligent than humans, can behave in such an unefficient manner as you have, regardless of the real intent of your actions.

Perhaps you'd like to explain yourselves."

Remove ads