• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 8)

Edena, the Taraakian (whatever his name is) might be able to channel his powers through Vaeregoth through means of the merging of the minds like they have done to show him reality....

If this will not work... he'll just have to grant that power to Vaeregoth herself so she may reforge reality.

Vaeregoth will not hand over the Diadem, channel your 12th powers through Vaeregoth, through the linked and merged Taraakian.

OR bequeath that power on Vaeregoth herself so she may reforge reality itself.
(this would sadly mean that I would gain the power to effect the same radius again with my remaining 2 changes... now theres a base of DM trust to grant that amount of power to a player...)

And I would really like to remind you that after I corrected you on the Gender mistake you made it twice again :p
Would look after that hihihi.

Well I hope my IC post was enough to show my intents, my PC's way of thinking and her power.
I hope to earn the trust of the taraakian and showing him what Vaeregoth is like, how she thinks and how she forges reality.

I hope that post was enough.

============

And I am taking the gamble that I'm staying on Athas, I will face the fate of my world, I will gamble that my PC and my Swarms will live and survive. We will stand as one, we are as one.
We are the Swarm.

Live for the Swarm!!! :D

Hope the shield around Athas from skot and me hold what ever conventionals comes for us and if it doesnt I have my swarms to face it and my immensly powerfull PC offcourse.

I hope it wo't be affected by the ingathering, I am takinga gamble as always.

I am staying true to my principals and those of my PC.

I am staying true to Vaeregoth beliefs, faith and principles to the very end if this is it.
And if this is the end, let it come for I am waiting. I am taking the gamble that I can change and take my destiny and fate into my own hands, and that I might reforge destiny, with my change in reality.

have faith, believe and stay true to yourself. That is what my PC has done the whole game and it will do it even now in this perilous time.

Made us for the Swarm!!!

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT

The taraakian carefully considers everything Vaeregoth has shown him.
For a moment, he does not communicate, as he is thinking intensely.

Then he communicates:

You are quite right.

There is Nothing, and out of Nothing Something can indeed appear, be it a dream, or be it what some call Reality ... or be it an Ideal.

Now, you have given to us freely the gift of the charge of the Diadem.

(the taraakian looks grateful, relieved, and then even more grateful)

What change do we seek to create with it?
What ultimate power would we wield over all others with it?
We choose to wait, Vaeregoth. We will wait until the Nothingness comes, and then Something will, indeed, appear out of that Nothingness.

(the taraakian looks at Vaeregoth intently, and urgently)

This could be.
However, for it to be, we must have the willing acquiescience of the other leaders of these Spheres.

They must choose to bless the gift you have bequeathed to us.
They must choose to embrace it.
They must wholeheartedly endorse it.

We are helpless, until they do so, and we cannot use the gift you have bequeathed to us until then.

Anabstercorian

First Post
<< Entities of reality! I entreat you all to accept the offer of the Taraakians. I plead with you to take this chance on faith - Faith shapes worlds. Gods themselves live on faith. The power of righteousness we will create by trusting in the Taraakians will be immeasurable. >>

<< Vaeregoth... You have been gloriously generous. But, you must be more generous still. You must let the Taraakians use the Diadem without knowing what they intend to do. Only then will the nexus of true faith allow the ultimate power of life to ward off darkness. >>

<< The rest of you must take this chance! The taraakians are greater than us, though not beyond our reach to someday surpass. But if we are to ever reach such a day, we must now depend on them, as a child depends on its parents to find the strength to surpass them. >>

<< Vecna was an arrogant madman, and Forrester was a brilliant foe pushed too hard. The Taraakians claims are not madness but fact. We can only trust them. >>

<< I beg you. Trust. As I will trust you. Zouron... You have many claims against me. Trust in the Taraakians and you may have me for your court to judge. >>

Black Omega

First Post
Ok, going out with friends in just a few minutes. But after noting that Anabasctorian(sp) is going along with this...hm. That makes it even more interesting.

The Twilight Coalition will agree to the Taraakian's request.

I'll also be offline for the next eight hours or so while out with friends. Don't blow up the universe without me, everyone.:)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO FORSAKEN ONE - URGENT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

OOC:

The request was that Vaeregoth actually, physically, give the Diadem to the taraakians - if a charge from it cannot be given any other way.

Whether they work with Vaeregoth on the change, or whether they work alone, is not the issue.

They MUST have the physical Diadem. At least for a few hours.

If Vaeregoth will not, or cannot, do this, please let me know.
Let me know immediately.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Black Omega said:
Ok, going out with friends in just a few minutes. But after noting that Anabasctorian(sp) is going along with this...hm. That makes it even more interesting.

The Twilight Coalition will agree to the Taraakian's request.

<< Thank you, Siobhan! I thank you profusely. >>

Edena, so these guys are capable of USING this device?

It's unique so I'm OOC interested in how.

If they can actually use it (I really think this is a big IF if you think it over) the Taraakian with me shall be allowed to use the Diadem with Vaeregoth together.

He is there with her, and they will reforge reality.

Hmms seems I need to ungraft the Diadem form my head hehe.

---------------

If this won't work this easily I will not give them the diadem physically to take it with them. I will not do that (yet).

SInce there is still some time, not much but there is still time, I'm curious if they will grant me the power needed to do it myself.

I'm not giving it them.. yet (OOC info :D)

Like I said, curious if they will grant me the power to do it myself and gain the credit for the change and the knowledge and power from it...

If this will not happen.. well well see then!

Serpenteye

First Post
"Know that I hate you, teraakian, for the simple reason that your empire is far more powerful than the Union of Worlds. Know that I hate you, because your belligerance forced me to sacrifice millions of my people to save the remains. Know that I hate you, because that sacrifice was in vain. Your arrogance, your insults, is nothing, merely proof of your foolishness. Your words, also nothing, I knew them before you came.
I do not trust you. I did not come to the Kevellond because you ordered me to, I came because I expect the sixth touch will come soon. You made little difference in that, for surely Hazen would have let us in without your order. I do not trust you, I am not one to trust easily and your whimsical actions does not inspire confidence. Vaeregoth I know, and I trust her to some extent. I suggest that you do what she asks, our faith would work just as well for her as for your people."

Remove ads