(IR) The Imaginary IR

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
The Dark Drow are not happy at Iuz, Rikandur.
He betrayed Lady Shadow. Now, Iuz can spin it as something else, but THEY see it as betrayal. So, they proceed to send one of their own to Al'Akbar, and that Dark Drow surrenders to Al'Akbar.

THAT Dark Drow immediately tells Al'Akbar the truth: that Lady Shadow was using the city of Doraaka as her refuge, and that Iuzs' protections against scrying shielded her.

ANOTHER Dark Drow is sent to King Arden, with the same message. (Arden has her executed, but not until after he confirms the truth of the message.)

OTHER Dark Drow are sent on suicide missions to tell the truth to everyone else on Oerth and in Greyspace. Thus, EVERYONE knows that Iuz shielded Lady Shadow (and the Dark Drow put the worst spin on the story possible, implicating Iuz in the worst way possible) and thus made her attacks possible.

IC:
Embassies of USSI simply stated, in regard of actions of Dark Drow, that they only found shelter in USSI like many repressed people. Their actions, as political refugees from Eclavdor, weren't against law of USSI ... but their choice of allies made them enemies of Free People of USSI. And that they met fate of those trafficking with enemies of USSI.
First comrad, Iuz the Old, have nothig in common with Lady Shadow's agenda ... he even saved many lives in Celene, who shouldn't be wictim of Vecna's lackeys despite being imperialistic, opressive, racistic elven absolute tyrrany and his personal enemy for no real reason, besides imparialistic greed of it's rulers and their hypocritic double moral standards.

Edena_of_Neith said:
And this summer will go on for years, many many years, without relent, without mercy, without a single pause, as the overheated atmosphere and the overheated oceans attempt to mitigate the colossal overheating they themselves have been subjected to.

Indeed, the Surface Dwellers wanted the sun.

The drow would say the Surface Dwellers got their wish.
The drow would say: Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it. Or, in your case, you are getting it. Get it?

IC:
Elite and Epic wizards of USSI put on massive scale production of Weather Controlling devices, it became their first priority ... Until letter came to them form the Reformed Church that it isn't neccesity ... For First Comrad controls weather in USSI and other could worry for themselves. So ... in USSI nothig changed, people are working hard in fortyfing and building huge factories in fortyfied places, like Rift. At least it is what can be read, despite masive production of food supplies that could withstand years of preservation. And that USSI wizards are working hard in weaving spells and wards around all and every important place in USSI, or that border fortyfications are almost complete. How it was accomplished in so short time ? All regular Armies of USSI went civilian, and started working hard for the benefit of future.

"Imperialistic pigs may opress the masses for they own ambitions ! We are building new future for Our Children !"

Edena_of_Neith said:
There is no immediate effect on the Flanaess or other continents from the destruction of the Isle of the Phoenix and the injection of heat into the oceans and atmosphere.
A great light is seen in the east from Oerik, and in the north from Aquaria.

The destruction of the Isle of the Phoenix and the end of all ocean life around it cannot be immediately reversed.
But the long term effects could be reversed. Assuming the demipowers of Oerth do something immediately to mitigate it.

But of course ... Iuz is busy wandering, Eilistraee is overwhelmed trying to stop a complete kill off of the elves by the Howling Death Iuz sent, Al'Akbar and the Shining Lady alone cannot stop the long term effects of the drow handiwork, and Hachiman, Zagyg, and others aren't helping.

Hmmm ... I must wonder if the demipowers of Oerth will choose to stop their feuding, and save their world? Or they will remain divided, and let the Great Summer come upon them?

OOC:
Correction, Edena, Iuz is captured. His Dream Image is dying. That's why he wouldn't act anyway ... For he would hunt Dark Drow to excintion, mention of Vecna would wake him up from his happy state. And infuriate.

OOC:
Elistraee isn't ready to sacrifice some to save the majority of Aliador elves? Pathetic. ;)
Only Aliadores, and fools who contacted them, are striked with Howling Death. How many times I have to repeat that these diseases come to them for their own wish ? :\

Edena_of_Neith said:
I CAN speak for Arden, King of Keoland.
Informed of Iuzs' collaboration with Lady Shadow, his response is:

KILL Iuz first.
ALL other things second.

But, of course, he is a paladin ... and he doesn't know, couldn't know, what has happened and just what it means for him and his people.

OOC:
He can murder helpless Iuz in Celene ... if he isn't above striking at the dying. I think that Paladins are almost immune to Calming Aura of Wov of Nonviolence, then ... few Smitings and he would hurry death of Iuz's dream image. Of course his intent would be different ... and result of evil action entirely the same as if he would murder any other helpless person. But who cares ? :D

William Ronald

Explorer
OOC: Rikandur, your Howling Death seems to be beyond the capacity of Iuz, let alone his mother Iggwilv. Essentially, you have created a disease that destroys soul. Soul destruction is relatively difficult. Also, casting a consecrate spell is fairly easy.

The protections against magic and fortifications may not be as extensive as you think, as I think Iuz would have already put them up in canon Greyhawk. Dorakaa would be very well defended, but your character has not grown appreciably in power. So, I would argue that you do have good border fortifications -- and so would everyone else. Indeed, some factions which have more power would likely have better fortifications.

OOC: Paxus, even on Greyhawk, I doubt you could drag an entire country uphill without extremely powerful (Probably 11th level magic). Even Netheril in the Realms could only move cities into the air. However, the Drachenschrab Hills are relatively high and ther are some mountains.

Al'Akbar mentally contacts all the djinni on Oerth and Greyspace, sends word to the Greyspace Alliance and the dragons of Edill for aid, and contacts all creatures of ice and elemental air.

"There is something that may work. The coldest reaches of the atmosphere and the cold beyond Oerth may have a solution. We can try to summon that cold to counter the heat of the Dark Drow's desperate act -- as the Paraelemental Plane of Ice and the other planes are cut off from us. Similarly, there are other options. We will need to act in concert."

"It may be possible to devise a great ritual to sweep this cold to counteract the heat wave. I call upon those deities present on Oerth and Greyspace to help with such an effort. I call on anyone with courage and power to stand against this threat in this hour."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
OOC:If this were the normal IR, I'd agree with you. On the other hand, I think dragging an area of land no larger than Iowa uphill is probably much less demanding than, say, summoning enough plasma from the sun into the atmosphere to raise the entire global temperature by a good thirty or fourty degrees, especially using a spell that doesn't function to connect two targets on the same plane.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(At this point, Yours Truly is forced to become the DM of the Imaginary IR, if the Imaginary IR is to continue)

-

GREATER ALIADOR

(If Iuz wished to teach the Elves of Aliador a bitter lesson for their destruction of the city of Artonsomay and their attack on Doraaka, he succeeded. Yes, he succeeded. The lesson was harsh indeed. Please read all the below, Rikandur. A third of the Elves of Aliador are now dead. More than a third of their children, since many were massacred in Miranda as well.)

Seeing that the Howling Death CANNOT be stopped by any magic of theirs, and that Eilistraees' attention is diverted by the Solnor disaster, the Elves of Aliador and the Star Elves (formerly the Good Drow) and those humans from the Theocracy and Ratik with them retreat underground to the great safeholds Aliador built there long ago.
With hundreds of thousands of elves afflicted with the Howling Death, there would appear to be no way to save them - even if 9th level magic could stop the Howling Death, which it cannot. Nor do the Elves of Aliador have the magic to put the sick into stasis. It would appear they are going to have to leave them to die.

Then the youth who calls himself Edena shows up.
Edena calls Al'Akbar to him, using his telepathy.
Edena, working together by some unknown process (the secret of which he DOES NOT DIVULGE TO ANYONE) heals the Aliadorian Elves and Star Elves of the Howling Death.

That's a DMs' ruling, Rikandur. The elves still stricken are healed.
Of course, Iuz could always start a new Howling Death plague at any time, if he wished.
(And, of course, since I proclaimed myself DM without your agreement, you don't have to pay a word of attention to anything I say. Hehe. :) But I hope you do anyways!)

Whoever this Edena is, he must have used some pretty powerful magic! (or technology?!) Wishes and the like weren't stopping the Howling Death. But this Edena, did. (The demipowers were stopping the Howling Death, but now their attention is diverted and they cannot fight it and stop the mess at the Isle of the Phoenix simultaneously.)

The Elves of Aliador, having lost a third of their entire population at this point, return warily to the surface, in sadness and horror.
The Star Elves, also down by a third, also return to the surface, traumatized and fearful.

Then Edena, this strange youth, turns his attention to helping Al'Akbar and the others (the Wolf, etc.) to stopping the heat plume over the Isle of the Phoenix from spreading over the whole of Oerth.
It becomes clear to the Wolf and others that Edena has an artifact of his own.
It also becomes clear he is wielding some new type of magic, of unknown nature. He is very secretive about this magic, and never throws it in the presence of anyone else (not even Al'Akbar.)

-

GREATER NYROND

Many refuges from Aliador came down into northern Nyrond, and brought the Howling Death with them, which is now spreading in Greater Nyrond.
As Rikandur has noted, no normal magic will stop it. And it seems to kill the souls of those who die from it. (Thus, a third of Aliador will not be coming back by resurrection, it would seem!)
Complete isolation of all affected areas is going to be needed, apparently. Or something else? It's up to King Rhynnon ... if he chooses to be King again. Or, if Greater Nyrond remains split into many little nations, then it is up to the individual rulers of those places, what to do!

The youth calling himself Edena halted the Howling Death in Aliador, but he is now busy with the disaster over the Solnor, and is unable to come south at the moment.

-

THE POMARJ

Paxus, just exactly how is the Wolf and his humanoids dragging the Pomarj uphill?
I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm merely asking: How do they do it? (be nastily creative :) )

And yes, the humanoids would be safe in the mountains and Underdark from the Summer afflicting the Surface World ... if the disaster in the Solnor is not contained.

-

EMPIRE OF LYNN AND DEMON NATION OF MIRANDA

Since Sollir is not posting - effectively not defending his country - it would appear Demogorgon and his army are winning.
As a result, they are gaining INSTANT access to the high technology of Lynn.
Already, they have seized a number of Lynns' mecha, missiles, tanks, artillery, guns, aircraft, and ships ... and had the time to figure out how to use them.

-

THE ISLE OF THE PHOENIX

There is no Isle of the Phoenix now, but since the Wolf is throwing blizzards of ice at it, and is getting immediate help from the Shining Lady (a lawful good demipower, for purposes of this IR) and from Lady Gwyndilyn, King Arden, Edena, and (I am assuming) Al'Akbar, the area of superheated air and water is being cooled back down.
If the effort can be sustained - if someone doesn't sabotage the process or attack those involved - the threat can be ended.

-

THE BAKLUNISH EMPIRE / THE THARQUISH EMPIRE / THE EMPIRE OF IUZ

Al'Akbar is successful in finding all the Dark Drow who managed to escape Iuzs wrath ... except those in Uveneleis' lands.
The Tempest turned Yondalla worshipper is protecting them, and they are gleefully accepting that protection ... and daring Al'Akbar and Iuz to violate the sovereign territory of a now good and peaceful nation to get at them.

-

POLARIA / AESTIA / ZINDIA / NIPPON / AERDI / ORCREICH / ELSEWHERE

Uh ... ok ... are Zagyg, Hachiman, the Dragon, and others, trying to do anything about the catastrophe that used to be the Isle of the Phoenix, out in the Solnor Ocean?
Those currently trying to stop the spread of the superheated air and water could use some help.

And the elves of Polaria, seem to have developed two interesting abilities: a TOTAL immunity to cold and a VERY powerful magical ability to cause cold.
These are the elves serving St. Nick of Polaria, who have gained these abilities.

Turn 1 is over. 3 months have passed.
Turn 2 is now begun. (Don't send me any templates: those are reserved for Serpenteyes' serious 5th IR. Just tell me what your power does.)

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The migration of the Pomarj is done primarily with physical labour, assisted by basic physical principles. The entire population, supplemented by golems and undead, is simply pulling it uphill through the use of gigantic enchanted pulleys, having an effectively infinite tensile strength and absolutely no friction; friction with the neighboring ground is preempted by the repeated use of a 9th-level extrapolation of Tenser's Floating Disk.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Moving of the Pomarj

TO PAXUS (and to everyone else)

The Pomarj is a peninsula that juts out into the ocean.
My best guess is that it is around 120 miles long and 60 miles wide. It has a mountain range running down the middle of it, with the highest peaks rising over 2 miles above sea level.
It is a part of the Oerik Continental Shelf, which means there is granite 25 to 30 miles deep underlaying it, resting on the Mantle.
And it is heavy. How heavy? I don't know. Somewhere off the charts. I doubt such weight is even within mortal imagination. Perhaps the demigods can comprehend such weight truly, but only a few of the greatest mortal mages could do so.

Now, Paxus, you want to move it. You want to take the entire Pomarj, remove it from the surrounding bedrock - and I am presuming you want the granite under it down to at least 10 miles down - and move it a hundred miles or more inland.

Well ... they say, with magic anything is possible.
They are telling the truth.

Moving the Pomarj is rather quite easy, really.
It merely requires the proper understandings, and then - with those understandings - it can be accomplished by a demipower, or even mortal mages given the time.

You cannot move the Pomarj by the means you just described. It is too heavy. And it is anchored to the surrounding granite of the Continental Crust.
But there ARE several ways to do it, and the Wolf knows them, and here is one particular way in which he could do it:

(Note, take the following description below as:

1: A reasonable way to do the impossible.
2: A ridiculous way to do the impossible.
3: It was impossible to do, so any way is ridiculous.

4: 1 through 3 above apply, but are irrelevant. Paxus is able to do it.)

-

You start with a Sphere of Annihilation.
A Sphere of Annihilation is a void in Reality. Within it is nothing that can be imagined, put into words, or described by telepathy. Rather, the term Null is used, to refer to the indefinite concept of the Sphere.

It just so happens this Null, which is perceived as the Sphere, produces an effect on the Reality around it. It concentrates that Reality. The 4 Dimensions of Length, Height, Width, and Time are all made more There, for lack of better terminology: a reaction of Reality to the Unreality within the Sphere of Annihilation. A knee-jerk reaction by what we know as Reality, to the Null of the Sphere.
Call this reaction Hyper Reality.

This Hyper Reality is the reason Spheres of Annihilation do not suck into themselves the surrounding atmosphere, or ground, or whatever, or even minute and scattered atoms of Wildspace, or whatever part of Time-Space they happen to be in. Instead, the Hyper Reality forms a barrier around the Null which protects the Reality around from being pulled in.

All demipowers, including the Wolf, understand this effect. But very few mortals do.
Those few mortals that have some comprehension of this effect have taken advantage of it to learn how to manipulate the Hyper Reality to actually 'move' the Sphere (movement isn't the right term, really, but it appears that the Sphere moves to the caster, at the 3 miles per hour (5 kilometers per hour) that your typical wizard can move it.) And some wizards have even developed items called Talismans of the Sphere, which enhance their ability to 'move' Spheres of Annihilationxs by manipulating the Hyper Reality around them.

But it should be impossible. Considering the nature of the Hyper Reality, it shouldn't be possible for any being, except deities who transcend limitations, to manipulate the Hyper Reality.
For the Hyper Reality, is infinite.

The Hyper Reality is infinite, because in a very real sense the Null is infinite. Within the Null exists no time, no space, no gravity, no nuclear force, no nothing! If a being falls into the Null, he is destroyed utterly. If a planet falls into a Null, it is destroyed utterly. If a sun falls into the Null, IT is destroyed utterly. If the Universe fell into the Null, IT would be destroyed utterly. If an infinite number of Universes fell into the Null, THEY would be destroyed. And because this is true, it is true that the Null is, indeed, a kind of infinity.
The Hyper Reality is infinite, because the Null is infinite.
Manipulating the infinite should be impossible for mortal spellcasters. Yet they do it. They manipulate this infinite Hyper Reality, and in so doing 'move' the Sphere, up to 3 or 4 miles per hour! Not a bad feat, really. Even a low level wizard can attempt to move a Sphere of Annihilation, if he or she knows about the Hyper Reality and tries to manipulate it!

What those few mortal mages who manipulate Spheres of Annihilation know, and nobody else does, is that the Hyper Reality is concentrated against the edge of the Sphere.
A few feet from the Sphere, the amplification of Reality begins. About a foot away from the Sphere, the amplification is considerable. About an inch away from the sphere (2.5 centimeters) Reality is, in effect, doubled.
But most mages are not so suicidal that they put their fingers closer than an inch to a Sphere of Annihilation (and of those who were foolhardy enough to do so, many met a tragic and very final fate.) And their divinations may have revealed the incredible truth, but they could never take advantage of it.
This has led to a lot of frustrated mages, who endlessly plot and connive as to how to cast spells within incredibly minute distances from the Sphere, without actually touching it and being sucked in and forever destroyed.

For you see, Reality is amplified exponentially by the Hyper Reality effect as you move closer, to within an inch of the surface of the Null.
An inch out from the Sphere of Annihilation, from the Null, the amplification is that Reality is doubled.
A tenth of an inch from the Null, Reality is magnified 10 fold.
A hundredth of an inch from the Null, Reality is magnified 100 fold.
A thousandth of an inch from the Null, Reality is magnified 1000 fold.
A millionth of an inch (a micron) from the Null, Reality is magnified 1,000,000 fold.
An angstrom from the Null, Reality is magnified 10,000,000,000 fold.
And, since distance can become infinitely small (as in Black Holes) so the Hyper Reality effect magnifies Reality infinitely, before you ever get to the actual Sphere of Annihilation, to the Null.

Again, no mortal mage should be able to manipulate this infinite force. But they do. Go figure. Magic, as it would happen, seems to transcend the bounds of mere Reality, even Reality on an infinite scale.

And yet, for all that, Magic is a part of Reality, and IT is amplified along with the rest of Reality, in the Hyper Reality around the Null.
Spells cast in the immediate vicinity of a Sphere of Annihilation are amplified.
A mage casting Fireball who was standing one inch away from the Sphere, could throw a double strength Fireball. This would just happen, by default, with no extra effort from the mage, due to the doubling of Reality.
A mage casting Fireball who was standing 1/10th of an inch from a Sphere of Annihilation, could throw a Fireball ten times as strong as normal.
A mage casting Fireball who was standing 1/1000th of an inch from a Sphere of Annihilation, could throw a Fireball a thousand times as strong as normal! (Acererak has managed this, by centuries of study and profound understandings which he does not share with others.)
Now you see why so many frustrated mages keep risking absolute destruction, fooling around with Spheres of Annihilation, for if they could get close enough to those Spheres, they could throw almost limitless magic!
Some frustrated mages have tried throwing Wish spells to get to within a thousandth of an inch of a Sphere, while throwing other (amplified) magic, without being harmed. Invariably, the results have been fatal. Whatever Acererak had managed to learn to do, didn't involve the use of any Wish spells.

-

A FEW mages (Acererak included) how learned how to achieve more with Hyper Reality than just the passive amplification of spells.
These few mages, possessing a secret THEY DO NOT SHARE with others, know how to draw out some of that infinite Hyper Reality, and twist it around their fingers, and use it as an actual force of it's own.
All demipowers, including the Wolf, know how to do this.

What can be done by pulling Hyper Reality away from the Sphere and using it, is not a well explored topic. It is known that it is very dangerous (disrupting the protective Hyper Reality could cause the Sphere to start sucking in the Reality around it, meddling mage included.) It is known to produce 10th level type effects, for those who put the Hyper Reality to specific purposes (it is possible that such broken 9th level spells as Apocalypse from the Sky and Wrath of the Just come from such avenues of exploration - if not with Spheres of Annihilation, with similar mighty forces of space-time-magic.)

ONE THING that can be done with manipulated Hyper Reality, if teased away from a Sphere of Annilhilation, gathered into sufficient quantities, and judiciously employed and carefully set, is to effect a massive telekinesis effect.
Think of a crane lifting a cargo box out of a ship. Great chains wrap around the cargo box, and these chains hang down from a central point, a focal point, on the crane.

In a similar way, a Sphere of Annihilation can be used as a 'focal point', the teased out Hyper Reality can be wrapped around an object like the 'chains', and the object (the cargo box) can then be lifted out of the ship.

Get it?

The Hyper Reality represents an infinite magnification of Reality. So, theoretically, it can be used to exert infinite force. So, it is a force sufficient to pick up, and move around, an object the weight and size of the Pomarj.
All that is required is the know how to tease out enough Hyper Reality from around a Sphere of Annihilation, and wrap this Hyper Reality around the Pomarj, and then moving the Sphere using the usual mental processes normally employed to move Spheres of Annihilation.
An easy task any low level mage could perform, to move a Sphere of Annihilation - and thus the whole Pomarj - once the difficult task of setting the Hyper Reality in place was completed!

And the Wolf has the know how to set the Hyper Reality in place. Indeed he does.

Given a little help from his Epic and Elite Forces, and given the judicious use of Chronomancy (that is, no blatant violations of Causality) the process of drawing out the Hyper Reality and wrapping it around the Pomarj should not take more than a few days.
The Wolf even has a Sphere of Annihilation on hand to use, too.

Once the Wolf has begun moving the Pomarj, he can move it up to 3 miles per hour (5 kilometers per hour) using his willpower to manipulate the Hyper Reality around the Sphere to 'move' it ... and thus, moving the entire Pomarj.
Magic truly makes it all possible. In this case, magic does the pulling, carries the immense, unimaginable weight, while the Wolf merely needs to exercise the usual (minor) effort to move only the Sphere.
A very efficient mode of carrying things around, if you are willing to take it slowly!

Now, once the Pomarj is lifted in this way, it becomes a Spelljamming object. An atmosphere forms automatically (by magic) around all Spelljamming objects, proportionate to the size of the Pomarj.
In short, the Pomarj will retain it's atmosphere, gain new atmosphere to the sides and below AND Oerth will not lose any of it's own atmosphere.
If the Pomarj is set down on another part of Oerth, it will remain a Spelljamming Object, so even if the top of it is 10 miles off the surface of Oerth, it will retain that atmosphere (the blockage of such an object will cause atmospheric disruption around the Pomarj, of course.)

The only thing that remains is to actually separate the Pomarj from the surrounding bedrock, and that is easily accomplished for a demipower like the Wolf.
Apocalypse from the Sky can - in this case - be used. Instead of casting it in the air, one casts it 10 miles below the surface (or 15 miles, or whatever, but the deeper he goes, the longer he must take to ready the Hyper Reality) and when it goes off, it melts a sheet of bedrock a few inches thick, severing the Pomarj from the bedrock below (the lava is crushed into plastisity by the weight above, but that is irrelevant.)
Now remains only the problem of separating the Pomarj from the bedrock on all sides.

In THIS SPECIFIC CASE, Apocalypse from the Sky can be modified and turned sideways, to melt the rock (acting like the worlds' largest saw) in a sheet extending downwards and back and forth.
4 consecutively cast AFTS spells should suffice to separate the Pomarj from the surrounding bedrock. The 5th (or 1st) AFTS has already separated it from the bedrock below.

And then ... it's lift-off time. The ultimate spelljammer, in effect: a spelljammer the size of the Pomarj, 10 miles by 60 miles by 120 miles of solid granite, rising from the Oerth like a pie piece neatly carved and pulled out of said pie.
With the Sphere as the focal point, and the manipulated Hyper Reality embracing it, this mass could be moved at 3 miles per hour (5 kilometers per hour) in any direction the manipulator of the Sphere desires.

And Paxus, you will have accomplished, what it was you had the Wolf set out to do.

Has this been done historically?
Yes, of course.
The Suel Imperium had wizards who pulled this stunt.
Some of them were successful, forever altering the topography of the Oerth in the process, and creating miniature floating worlds which would have made the Netherese with their Floating Citadels, green with envy. (The Netherese used Mythallar to achieve those results, and never attempted this stunt. Or if they did, it has never been documented, or the histories that did document such an attempt have been lost.)
Many others tried, and failed, and died, because they couldn't get the formula right, or they were killed by their fellow mages for attempting such a drastic stunt, or because of the side effects of doing this.

What are the side effects?

Well, in the case of the Pomarj, if it is lifted CAREFULLY upward (and EXACTLY upward) there will be no earthquake in ... the Pomarj. Nothing in the Pomarj will get hurt.
But there will be problems for the Oerth it is leaving!
Tidal waves, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, mighty tectonic explosions, abrupt rises and falls of the continental plates relative to sea level, great disruptions of the Weave, wild fluctuations in magic, are all side effects of this process.
In the Suel Imperium, they really didn't care if others got hurt by what they did. And they had the magic to protect themselves, in any case, from the side effects of their own magic.
The League of Athyr, Greyhawk, Greater Nyrond, the Scarlet Brotherhood, and the others do not have such protections.

But you are still welcome to do this thing. The POMARJ, at the least, will not be harmed, by this particular process.
You could put it back down right where it was, later, in fact (although it would displace the water below, flooding the surrounding lands.)

You could put the Pomarj down somewhere inland, as you requested.
If you do ...

The weight of the Pomarj is great enough it will CRUSH anything it is set on. Even high mountains like the Crystalmists will be instantly flattened. The continental crust will bow under it; how much bowing will occur, is not a sure thing (think of a plastic float in water, and you throwing something heavy into the middle of it.)
Needless to say, anything living where it is set down will be killed. Anything underground will be killed as all caves and caverns collapse, as the bedrock is squeezed by the ungodly weight pressing down from above.

You could take the Pomarj up into orbit. As a spelljamming vessel of sorts, it could be held there by the force of the Hyper Reality.
In this way, the Wolf would be enshrined in the heavens, and whenever men looked up, they would behold him towering over them. (!)

Since the Pomarj would only be 10 miles (or maybe 15 or 20?) thick, it could be used to ram the planet, albeit at a slow 3 miles per hour.
Such a ramming would destroy the Pomarj, but it would also mess up the planet pretty badly too (as in, it would make what the drow did look like childs' play.)

IF an enemy of the Wolfs' obtains 10th level magic, that enemy could INTERFERE with the Sphere and Hyper Reality, severing the link!
In that case, the gravity of Oerth would cause the Pomarj to crash into it.
The ramifications of such a collision are best left to a dark imagination.

Or, 10th level magic could be used to seize control of the Sphere and Hyper Reality from the Wolf, and then the enemy would control the Pomarj 'spelljammer.'
10th level magic would be sufficient to move the Pomarj around as a normal spelljammer, despite it's size, acting as a Greater Helm.
In that case, the whole mass could be accelerated to interplanetary speeds, and it could even ride the Phlosgiston to other Crystal Spheres. Like all spelljamming vessels, it would slow down upon approaching planets. (And Wishes would not counter this, since 10th level magic was used to allow this in the first place. A 10TH LEVEL Wish would counter this, but ... who would want to destroy an entire planet by running the Pomarj into it at interplanetary speed?)

So, there you have it, Paxus.
The Wolf can do, what it is he is trying to do.
All he needs is a Sphere of Annihilation, a little help from his more powerful mages and magistresses, a few days of uninterrupted work, and 5 consecutive castings of AFTS to 'cut' the Pomarj out of the surrounding rock (ruling: in this case, the Wolf can safely cast AFTS without side effects.)

Now, it's up to you.

Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The question then becomes: Where do I put it? I rather like the idea of creating my own satellite, and if I put it in orbital velocity, it will be much harder to disrupt even if the spelljamming does fail.

The Pomarj now lies in one of Selune's Lagrange points. Only an active hijacking of the Wolf God's control will remove it, and he has an unspecified doomsday device ready in case of such events.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ok, that can also be done.
Normally, a Sphere cannot be accelerated past 3 miles per hour, but I don't see why the Wolf - an enterprising mage if ever there was one - couldn't have figured a way around this limitation.

An acceleration of the Sphere, is possible once the Pomarj is lifted above Oerths' atmosphere.
At that point, the Sphere can be accelerated at 3 miles per hour per second. (It can also be slowed at the same rate.)
Escape Velocity for Oerth is about the same as Earths', or 36,000 miles per hour, so it will take a while to accelerate the Pomarj to that velocity and thus create zero gravity conditions on it, and establish orbit, but it can be done.

Paxus, you are then casting the required AFTS spells and manipulating the Hyper Reality around the Pomarj, so that it can be lifted, right?

This is not something you can conceal from the other Powers of Oerth.
They will know you are planning this, for they know of the historical attempts by the Suel Imperium.
They also know about the historical side effects.
They will feel your manipulation of the Hyper Reality: other demipowers and certain very powerful mortal mages on Oerth will sense that manipulation, and recognize it for what it is. And of course the casting of AFTS will most certainly be felt and noted.

Paxus, are you still going through with this?

Remove ads