• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron DM 2010 Discussion Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Sweet. I did have a question: how much time do we have between rounds assuming we move on?
Usually, you have several days. All of the first-round matches have to be completed before the second-round ones start, and all of those have to be completed before the third-round, etc. And since it takes a day or two for the judges to review the entries and submit their decisions...well, it can take a while.

But don't worry about getting caught unaware. On the evening before each match, I will post an "Are You Ready?" question in the thread. The match won't start until both contestants respond.

Is there a scheduling conflict you are trying to avoid?

ender_wiggin

First Post
I have a big test on June 14 and 15, and then a few days after that I'm driving cross country to where I'm going to be for the summer. So for about a week around the 14th is probably not the best for me.

But I sounds like you guys are pretty flexible and I'm willing to work with what's available.

CleverNickName

By the way...

I'm not a RBDM. I hadn't received an invite.
Well...at least two of the RBDMs have vouched for you, and I haven't heard any objections. So I don't think it will be a problem if you want to help judge the competition.

BTW, I think Pour has his fingers crossed, hoping that you will step into the ring. :cool:

CleverNickName

Welcome to the competition, Tremorsense!

The match will begin in one week. As soon as I have all of the names of the contestants put together, I will type up the roster and post it up in the Iron DM Thread. That way, everyone will be able to see who they are competing with, and on what days.

We have room for only *ONE* more player. First come, first serve!

CleverNickName

If asked, I will serve. I'd love to do it in any case. I'm cooking up a number of ingredients as I think...
Please do. If another RBDM steps up and wants to judge, we will just slide you over to the Alternate Judge role.

Picking ingredients is fun, isn't it? I find myself looking around my desk, sizing things up, and trying to figure out how they would work in an adventure. "Hmm, let's see. An antique hatpin, hot coffee, plastic gargoyle, ogre slavedriver, crushing despair...."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads