Iron DM 2012 -- R2 complete, Finals in Progress

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Sunday would also work better for me, rather than Saturday as the weekend is normally reserved for family. I commute to work Sunday nights, and I can think over the ingredients over the drive.

ender_wiggin

First Post
I actually have an exam coming up as it's the end of my academic year, so if possible I'd like to wait until after next Friday. If it's too much of a delay then any day is fine. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
Ender_wiggin, I'm afraid we're going to struggle trying to accommodate you.

We will start Round 2 match 1 on Sunday, between Deuce Traveller and Lwaxy.

If we wait a week to do the second match to accommodate Ender_Wiggin, I'm afraid we'll lose whatever momentum we have right now. Could you deal with a monday start for your match with Waylander the Slayer?

-rg

Wicht

Hero
Does Duece Traveler vs. Ender_Wiggin on Sunday
and
Wayland the Slayer vs. Lwaxy on Monday please all involved?

Also, due to previous obligations, I will have to be offline from the 16th to the 23rd. I was hoping the contest would be done before then, but at this pace, its likely not going to happen unless we begin the final round on Thursday morning so that I can Judge on Saturday morning. We have a couple of options. For the final round, we can shorten the time to 24 hours. Or we can bring in an alternate judge. Personally, I would prefer the 1st option, but I thought it would be fairer to the contestants to let you decide.

ender_wiggin

First Post
I prefer not goIng twice in 1 wk; in addition to the aforementioned conflict I'm traveling Friday evening thru sat morning. After that I have no commitments for 2 weeks.

Wicht

Hero
Delaying the final round until the 23rd is also an option, but I would prefer not to allow the contest to lose that much momentum. I would rather see an alternate judge selected.

ender_wiggin

First Post
One other alternative is having all rounds except finals be 1 judge only. Then, we could keep a pace of 1 match every 4 days and have the 3rd/4th place match immediately after semifinals . If this is an acceptable cost, we don't need an alternate judge and I can have time to study.

Although even then it's a bit of a slow pace. How long would it take to get an alternate judge?

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Does Duece Traveler vs. Ender_Wiggin on Sunday
and Wayland the Slayer vs. Lwaxy on Monday please all involved?

Also, due to previous obligations, I will have to be offline from the 16th to the 23rd. I was hoping the contest would be done before then, but at this pace, its likely not going to happen unless we begin the final round on Thursday morning so that I can Judge on Saturday morning. We have a couple of options. For the final round, we can shorten the time to 24 hours. Or we can bring in an alternate judge. Personally, I would prefer the 1st option, but I thought it would be fairer to the contestants to let you decide.

This works well for me.

Remove ads