IRON DM revival!

Zog

First Post
I'm in as an alternate, if you please! :)

Assuming the first 8 are claim, as they seem to be!

Iron DM is very cool!

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
mirthcard said:
Psion,

I came late to this thread, but PLEASE count me in as an alternate. PLEASE!!! (Is that enough begging?)

It's enough for me.

However... you'll notice that I'm not the one in charge if this event... just a po' potential participant like yourself. :D

Wicht

Hero
so the contestants are
1. alsih20
2. Wicht
3. Wulf
4. Griswold
5. Seasong
6. Rune
7. Ladyofdragons
8. Psion

With Alternatives being
Tuerny
Mirthcard
CTD
Zog
and Fastlearner

incognito

First Post
That filled up rather more quickly than I expected!

We do indeed have enough players.

Here is the finalized list, please chime in if you wish to be moved off the list, to give the alternates a chance.

1) alsih2o
2) Wulf
3) Wicht
4) Griswold
5) seasong
6) Rune
7) Lady of Dragons
8) Psion (you will not have to go first, but give way to alternates if you are stapped for time this week)

Alternates
A1) Tuerny
A2) mirthcard
A3) CTD

Note to all who go in late...sigh...I feel badly, that is the nature of Iron DM...I did wait until after noon for our west coast pals.

Given that Nemmerle is mssing in action, I am going to start this round early.

As before the rules are simple:
I pair people off as competitors and give them a set of 6 "ingredients".

The ingredients are elements that must be used in the designing of a scenario/adventure - which should be written up in overview form - players can be as specific as they like - but detailed stat-blocks and the like are not weighed as heavily as uniqueness and playability of the ideas.

The results are then judged by me and the winner moves on to the next round. . .

players will have 24 hours from the posting of the ingredients to post their entry - which should give plenty of time for someone who is not immediately around when the ingredients are posted to get their entry done. Entries usually range from half a page to a page and half of writing (three or four paragraphs) - overly long entries run the risk of boring the judge

As usual, we ask that those not involved in a round not post any suggestions or ideas about the posted ingredients.

The Iron DM is a grueling competition, and I am not nemmerle, so you can expect differnt (but not necessarily less harsh) critique and selection of a superior story.

I'll give another 40 min or so for assorted comments and last min changes, and then we are off to the races. For those selected, let me know in advance via email if you don't want to be one of the "first" pair selected at (**coff**) random.

seasong

First Post
incognito said:
I'll give another 40 min or so for assorted comments and last min changes, and then we are off to the races. For those selected, let me know in advance via email if you don't want to be one of the "first" pair selected at (**coff**) random.
I'm good for anything but Friday, so put me in as soon as you wish :).

Good luck to everyone!

seasong

First Post
Oh, and 3-4 paragraphs is probably a bit short - most of the stuff from the last Iron DM were about 5-7. If you prefer 3-4 paragraphs, that's cool with me, mind :).

edit: Actually, I mis-estimated, too. A fair number of them were around 10+ paragraphs, and 3 page-downs. Yipes!

Last edited:

ladyofdragons

First Post
okeydoke. Everything except friday night is good for me, since that's game night, and my existing campaign has to take precedence. And it's ok to collaborate, yes? My hubby & I usually design adventures together.

Remove ads