• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron dm summer champion announced!

Rune

Once A Fool
Seasong? How about it?

(As a side-note, it always took me much longer than 2 hours to write up an entry. I could never have done one of the old tournaments with a one hour time-limit. Maybe I'm just not as talented as other folk.)

seasong

First Post
The closer to Wednesday morning, the better for me. I should have at least two hours Wednesday night, but if I can have it tickling the back of my brain during the day, that's better.

I don't mind doing Wednesday night - next week would just be better for me.

Since there's two preferences for SOON ;), consider me checked in for whenever on Wednesday y'all decide works best.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Shall we say Wednesday at noon?

Oh, and it has never taken me more than 3 hours to write an entry (maybe not in a row - but if you add it together). The reason we went from 1 hour to 4 hours to 24 hours was simply because it was hard to arrange the time itself - not to give people more time to write the entry - though obviously that was one of the side-effects.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
nemmerle said:
The reason we went from 1 hour to 4 hours to 24 hours was simply because it was hard to arrange the time itself - not to give people more time to write the entry - though obviously that was one of the side-effects.

Yep... I need a good, 20, 22 hours of procrastination before I sit down to write.

I got nothin...

seasong

First Post
nemmerle said:
Shall we say Wednesday at noon?
Sounds fine.

Oh, and it has never taken me more than 3 hours to write an entry (maybe not in a row - but if you add it together). The reason we went from 1 hour to 4 hours to 24 hours was simply because it was hard to arrange the time itself - not to give people more time to write the entry - though obviously that was one of the side-effects.
If you aren't counting time in a row, then my first entry in this contest only took 2 hours, and that while I was handling spreadsheet data requests for my "real" job. But the 21 1/2 hours of doing other stuff and letting my subconscious at the problem prior to buckling down and starting to write were undeniably a part of the quality of the post (my second entry was a fluke of the highest order, so I can't properly include it in the taxonomy of how Iron DM works).

Heck, I'm the fastest typist I know. Once I sit down to write, it takes me hardly any time at all.

And please don't take me wrong - I'm not kvetching that I'm going to lose, or that this is unfair. This is IRON DM, not Vaguely Difficult DM, and I plan to beat you into the mud ;). These were my original words: "If we can wait until next week, I'll be in much better shape."

But I should have two hours to rub together tomorrow night, and I can buy a pretty decent entry for that. And ingredients at noon = 8-10 hours that my Muse will have the ingredients in her pretty talons before I have to start writing. I have faith in Her ;).

Rune

Once A Fool
I was figuring active development into my estimation. I always spent a significant chunk of time actively figuring out the relationships, cool images, and whatnot.

Without that, my entries would be nothing. I maintain that I still couldn't have done the 1-hour tournament, and probably not a good entry for a 4-hour tournament.

I'll freely admit it--I'm probably the slowest competitor to ever win a round of Iron DM.

Remove ads