D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Did we actually miss any side-tunnels? If so, I agree with Lal.

Corsa nods at Lal with a small smile. "I'll have some pretty bruises in the morning, but any fight you walk away from is a good one."

She looks down into the pit. "I'm not sure these caves are half as defensible as the Rangers think," she says skeptically. "If we don't find an end to them, who knows what'll crawl up from below while we sleep."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loosh says, "We can always install some walls or even collapse a tunnel if we have to. Ultimately, we're gonna have to find a better solution, though."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Flint snorts.

"Caves are the most defensible thing in the world, lass," he says, sounding offended. "Apart from dwarven citadels, of course. And most of those are build in caves!"

Walking over to the pit, the dwarf peers inside. He ponders for a moment.

"Could seal off this pit," he mutters to himself, "But could be holding somethin' valuable, too."

Instead of suggesting anything, Flint examines the stonework itself; the opening of the pit, the footholds. Perhaps he could figure out the origin and therefore its purpose?

OOC: Attempting the Stonecunning racial ability, trying to find something of use. History (stonework, double proficiency): [roll0]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"I think there was another tunnel off the main entrance cavern. Keep in mind we have spent but a few hours here. It's too soon to tell how dangerous or safe this place can be. The part that worries me the most is if this cave is well known it is going to be THE place that we are expected to go by those looking for us."

He thinks for a moment. "Drinking water is the deal breaker I think. Even if we can keep an enemy out, without a supply we can't withstand a siege for long."

eayres33

Explorer
GM:
I don’t think my response was that clear and I apologized for that. The current room that you are in goes on ten feet beyond the pit. Once you go down the pit there are the ruins of the Durro’s dungeon that go on for some ways.

That is not to say that you can't attempt to seal of the pit and secure the cave, that is always an option.

There was at least one side tunnel that you did not go down.

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
The group retraces their steps moving from the winding dark tunnel into the hall of bones and through another chamber before they enter the cavern with the fire pit.

As they look around the cave they see the path they have just came from to the south east, another unexplored path to the east a path to the south west and a path going north that has been traveled recently.

There is also the path to the west that leads back up to the surface.

Last edited:

Remove ads