• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

eayres33

Explorer
A few hundred yards from where the group stopped in the storm there was an ancient fir tree that had fallen some time ago and the insides had rotten away leaving the hard bark exterior. Giana was able to make a rough door from some weaved bark and while not completely water tight the adventures were sheltered from most of the storm.

As dawn breaks the winds have died down and the rain while still falling steadily is not nearly as heavy.

GM:
This is the night of the seventh day so you will get the benefits of a long rest here, also the storyline will pick up a bit from here so we are going back to the normal rest time periods.

Please also level up to level three.

You are around one days travel from the camp.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal looks outside and said "Ah, the cyclone is passed, praised the gods... although it looks like we will be getting wet anyway. Thank you Giana for you woodcraft, that was quite serviceable. I've slept in far worse more than once...."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Good," Flint mutters. Taking his axe and moving to the door, the slight odor of sleeping dwarf passes by the others.

"Let's get 'im to Aubrin, then return to find those caves. Get ready to move out."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loosh is already out and sitting in the drizzle. He smiles as Flint emerges and says, "Gozreh has blessed us this fine morning. I feel his power flow through me! We will be victorious against the Troglodytes, I am sure."

Then he looks a little embarrassed at sounding like all those pious people he used to make fun of in his youth.

OOC: 2nd Level Spells!

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Harb seems restless, constantly moving racked by powerful dreams most of the evening. At times he can be heard mumbling incoherently in the night.

He wakes early as is his habit, going outside into the ending storm and praying to the rising sun smiling uncontrollably each time it peeks out from behind the thinning cloud cover.

When he hears Loosh address Flint he nods. It appears they have two Gods on their side this day.

SunGold

First Post
From the shelter of the trees, Corsa eyes Flint and Loosh with an amused expression. She thought she"d seen everything at sea, but here was a dwarf who urged running from a fight and a sailor who liked storms.

She looks around at her other companions, wondering who will surprise her next. Her gaze falls on Lal and she smirks. Probably that one.

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Vin had been awake for some time, his meditation had been rather refreshing, which was a surprise considering the rough locale as of late.

"It would be good to see the others and make sure they are OK." he stated before he sent Fluffy up for a fly. The owl flew around in a familiar pattern and Vin rode its senses again, looking for the goblinoids.

[roll0]

After the flight the bird came back and perched on his shoulder.

OOC: Wow, been getting a spate of natural 20's of late. But what enworld giveth, it can also taketh away...

eayres33

Explorer
Fluffy finds no signs of goblins, hobgoblins, or any other black blooded creature in the surrounding area. The forest is quiet with a few smaller creatures moving around but all the larger creatures are taking shelter from the storm.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal smiled. "Well that is good news. Let us return to the camp and then try, again, to find these caves"

He paused, then added in a somewhat curious tone

"I had a dream, one the like of which I have not had in some times. The gods of my homeland have cast their eyes upon this place. The Bull of Battle will bless us in our next conflict - he values courage and fighting the good fight. The troglodytes will not stand before us"

eayres33

Explorer
The group arrives at the camp near nightfall, and it is evident that the camp was hit hard by the storm. Most of the shelters were blown over and the townsfolk are in the process of rebuilding them, most of the townsfolk have minor cuts or bruises from the flying debris though no one seems to be seriously injured.

Aubrin smiles when she sees the group, but she has bags under her eyes and a weariness in her bearing. “It’s good to see you again, that storm was something else perhaps the worst we’ve seen in a decade, what news from your travels?”

Remove ads