• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

eayres33

Explorer
Renalt looked over to Harb, “I’m not an expert on the caves, I know where they are and I’ve heard tales of the ruins.”

“From what I know there is only on entrance from the surface, they say that the Derro Ruins had an entrance to the Howling Breach, into the Darklands. You don’t want to enter from there. As to their numbers it changes but they are often spread out in the caves, they are massive and easily frightened. It won’t be easy but you seem to be a talented group, you fought off the black-blood and escaped, that isn’t a small feat."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal rubbed his chin. These beings reminded him of the Tamasic Men of back home - perhaps they were the same?

"It is good that they are easily frightened and could be driven off. Still, if the cave only has one entrance... a meek animal will fight fiercely if cornered... "

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"I also know little of these creatures. In this case perhaps we just need to get to the mouth of the cave and see what we are dealing with. I am not a fan of unneeded killing. BUT if there are a lot of them and they are spread out... Our only chance might be stopping them from forming up as a larger group. It would be nice if we could get in far enough undetected that we could convince them that the place was unsafe to live in... haunted or something."

Harb gets ready for travel as they talk over how to handle this next problem.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Bah, troglodytes're smelly idiots fond of caves," Flint says dismissively.

"Tough, though, or so I been hearin'. Maybe we, I dunno, be asking 'em nicely to share room?"

eayres33

Explorer
GM:
I’m moving forward a little bit, the camp is packing up and they will follow a few days after you leave. You have made it successfully to the area surrounding the troglodytes cave.

You are in the forest and the sun is just rising to shine light on the mouth of the cave. There is a tangle of roots that cover most of the cave entrance. There appears to be one troglodyte that is supposed to be on guard duty. From this distance it appears that the troglodyte is asleep.

JustinCase

Moving silently and trying to avoid being seen, Flint whispers, "We need to take out the guard before the other troglodytes notice. I can use magic to turn invisible; shall I do it?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Can you bash him hard enough to take him out? If you're not sure, are you able to turn someone else invisible? Someone (not me) who is really good at giving a good hard bash?"

JustinCase

Flint looks genuinely offended.

"I be good at swinging axes, lad!"

With a loud snort, the dwarven sorcerer nevertheless looks at his companions.

"Which of us be hitting hardest? Harb?"

OOC: Any takers? Flint will use metamagic to cast invisibility on the volunteer and on himself. Side effects may include turning blue or blowing up in a fireball.

Remove ads