• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal is... worried. Is that coffer the true threat? Is it bait? He removes his pelt and armor, readying himself to go jump in to rescue Corsa...

"Might be bait... greed is universal"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loosh says, "We should probably get the Trogs out of there, too. This looks like decent drinking water, but we wouldn't want them stinking it up. (We shall fill our casks upstream from them at any rate.)"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I'm not fer drinkin' water that's got corpses swimmin' in it," Flint says repulsed as he helps Corsa to get both the coffer and the bodies out of the water, grabbing whatever she hands to him and dragging it onto the dry cave floor.

"An uncle of mine got sick that way, but not afore he went screamin' mad," the dwarf adds, although if pressed he will admit that it's just what he heard some of his elders say when he was just a dwarfling. It may just have been a cautionary tale.

When Vin addresses him, Flint tries to hide the slight blush that shows on his cheeks.

"Don't know, lad," the dwarf says timidly, "Ye could be usin' bigger spells that hit everythin' near. Did ye see my fire 'splosion?"

eayres33

Explorer
With all the bodies out of the water the group examines the coffer. It is a small coffer with a simple lock, at one point it was solidly made but it now appears its hinges are giving into time and the effects of the water.

Amongst the bodies you find 3 javelins, 18 silver pieces and a small robe.

GM:

The lock is a DC 10 with thieves tools, or a DC 10 strength check to pry it open.

SunGold

First Post
Corsa laughs a little at Lal's comment as she wrings the water out of her hair. "You've read me right, love, but for once it's not riches I'm hoping for. Can't even buy rum out here," she says with a sigh.

She dries her hands on the side of her pack, digs her delicate tools out of it, and gets to work on the chest. "No, I'm hoping for something to help us survive," she says, her tone more distracted as she concentrates.

It doesn't take long for her to hear a satisfying click as the lock pops open.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal puts his hobbed-goblin mail back on top of his red robes - they were noisy, but he had to admit they were effective and then his pelt over his shoulder. He was glad his suspicion had been wrong... although it was never too late in the day for disaster to strike as they said back home...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As Flint grumbles about the water, Loosh responds, "No, no - the water comes in fresh over here. We will fill our casks from that. Not from where the trogs were stewing. We should be safe from any madness."

Then he rushes over to Corsa's side to see what she's found. He was never able to resist the thrill of an opening chest.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

OOC: Any sign of where the water leaves?
Investigation: [roll0]

"When we come back with the villagers, if we can make this place safe, I can ask Sarenrae to make the water safe for them if there is any disease left in there. This is a very important find."

Harb looks at the bodies pulled from the water for any signs of how they died or ended up in the water.

eayres33

Explorer
The group gathered round as Corsa opened up the coffer. Inside the coffer are 128 gold pieces and a silver bladed dagger, with many arcane symbols engraved into the wooden handle.

Remove ads