• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

eayres33

Explorer
Giana leads Harb into the next chamber, the chamber a mixture of stone and packed, clay-rich earth. Thin, ropey roots from the ridge above dangle from the ceiling of the cave some seven to nine feet overhead. The room is twenty by twenty at its widest points.

Stone shelves have been cut into the walls of this room, and each shelf is heaped with dried mushrooms, baskets of herbs, root vegetables, and other fragrant foodstuffs. Empty baskets and cloth sacks lie in a pile in once corner.

The room is otherwise empty.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal lets low a low wistle "Ah, this is more like it - plenty of food here, and well kept too!" lowering his voice he added "although we seem to be very close to the surface. Perhaps bracing the ceiling would be wise.

OOC: is this the end of this series of rooms?

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Harb sighs "I wish there were a way to live with these creatures, or get them out of here without killing them."

Harb looks around conflicted at the food storage room. He is the raider, killing those defending their homes. He shakes his head, dismissing the thoughts as best he can. It is necessary.

A little rougher than intended "Stay sharp."

eayres33

Explorer
GM:
On this level you have only one room unexplored. If you leave this room you enter a chamber you have already entered. After that room to the SE there is a room you have explored.
To the SW is an unexplored room.

eayres33

Explorer
As the group moves to the southwest the floor begins to slope down slightly. The tunnel descends into an irregularly shaped chamber with many alcoves and nooks along the uneven walls. Directly opposite the tunnel mouth, a carving on the wall shows a creature hatching from an enormous egg. A low fire flickers in a wide shallow pit about halfway between the tunnel and the carving. Large stones are piled around the edge of the firepit, their sides blackened. More stones sit within the nooks around the perimeter of the cavern, near piles of dried greases and animal pelts.

On the far side of the room you see at least one troglodyte, though it appears there is additional movement that is obscured by the lack of light and the smoke from the fire.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I'd suggest we try to parlay with this guy, but they sent a minotaur after me, so I'm not inclined to play nice." wispers Loosh. He then gets ready to send a flash of light after the creature unless someone objects.

OOC: Ready Sacred Flame unless someone wants to stop him. Dex save dc12 or [roll0] damage.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"If we can't speak their language.... Flint, show them the minotaur's axe, then gesture for them to leave. We can back off and give them room to do so...."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads