• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Seems the best option is to check below beforing giving the all-clear to the villagers. Unless someone has a better idea.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"Flint, could we attach a message to your feathered friend here and send him back to the camp to let them know they should be ready to move? Tell them of our progress and that once we are sure that this well is clear we will return to lead them here. I don't believe that the power of hope can be underestimated for those people."

JustinCase

OOC: I assume you mean Vin, because although Flint is a sorcerer, he doesn't have a familiar. Yet. Perhaps not ever. Vin's the wizard with a bird.

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: I assume you mean Vin, because although Flint is a sorcerer, he doesn't have a familiar. Yet. Perhaps not ever. Vin's the wizard with a bird.

OOC: Thats what I get for posting before I finish my coffee. I'll leave it, everyone can have a nice laugh at the exhausted Paladin or completely ignore my screwup.

JustinCase

"Eh?" says Flint, surprised. "I'm not claiming any ownership o' that bird of Vin's! The elf and I 're not that close!"

With an exagerated wink to Vin, the dwarf adds not-so-subtly, "At least, not yet."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Harb looks around confused for a moment before his eyes widen in shock at the realization of what he just did.

He brings his hand up to cover his face, rubbing his forehead with thumb and pointer before dragging his hand down all the way to his breastplate, smiling and shaking his head with a light chuckle.

"Perhaps... It would be wise to rest. I have clearly lost my wits."

eayres33

Explorer
After Vin secures the message to Fluffy and releases him into the wild the group looks around the last unexplored chamber on this level. They fin twelve semi precious stones that are each worth around 20 GP, a set of plate armor, which seems to be in good condition with the exception of the smelly filth covering it.

Tucked under one of the sleeping mats is a piece of paper, it reads:

Salutations Children of the Stone,

My emissary approaches you as a sign of respect, but by now you have seen my soldiers move unchecked across this green and fertile land. The Ironfang Legion means to make all of Nirmathas a home to those the humans would hunt, and turn those same humans into our servants and prey. You would be wise to join our alliance. There is no room for neutral parties when war is all around you, and only one side in this conflict will offer you strength and shelter.

As a sign of the protection the Legion offers, kindly accept this token of my generosity. Take your time in making your decision, but I trust you will come to the conclusion that provides your small and vulnerable tribe a future.

Kindest regards,

General Azaersi

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Investigating the armor while listening to the letter being read Harbs head drops in defeat.

"I.. I am truely sorry. My desire to offer mercy had likely sent very angry people that know these caves better than we do, straight into the arms of our enemy. Let us hope that none of them could read that letter... For what little time that might buy us.

At least now we know more about our enemy. This is a war for everything."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Listening to the letter, Loosh lets his mouth hang open in surprise. "So... we have to bet that we just told the Legion that we plan to hide in these caves. We should have killed every last one of those smelly cave-lovers."

He spat on the ground, took a few steps away and then sat down, putting his hands on his head in defeat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads