(IRR) The Rokugan Industrial Revolution Recruiting Thread (Overun Thread)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Just wanted to tell everyone that I will reply to every post in a little while. I have to eat dinner, organize stuff for moving, and then I'll get online again.

I am moving from tomorrow through the next week. I'll be online for three or so of those days (depending on schedule).

I really will finish a good, honest, hard set of rules when I get back, because that break should give me time to clear my mind. I cleared up a very badly written rules post during my vacation, and 10 days should be enough to totally finish up.

My friend will be joining tonight, I believe. I have informed him only of what clans have been claimed, and strategies he can imploy if he can't find a suitable claim.

When I get back, all posts will get replies, plus I will fix up the lists, answer questions, and generally prepare everyone for my short break.

Any rules involving science and stuff will get dealt with over my break, because only a clear and uninfluenced mind should DM such a big game.

Basically expect me to say something like: Here is how tech works. Everyone please restate your current claims, they will be added to the lists, and edited. Everyone please tell me (secretly) about who has your artifacts, including scrolls.

Ok here we go now with completed list in PL

*Unknown: Mika (Unknown Uknown?) PL ? (Will become clear during IR)

*Mantis Clan Champion: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 1
*Centipede Clan Leader: Moshi Juiko (Female Shugenja 17) PL 2
*Wasp Clan Champion and Leader: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Fighter 6/ Wasp Bounty Hunter 5) PL 1

Mantis Clan
* Yoritomo (Fighter/Storm Legion/Honor 2) Daimyo: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 25 : IR 50
* Moshi (Shugenja/Honor 3) Daimyo: Moshi Juiko (Female Shu 17) PL 25 : IR 50
* Tsuruchi (Fighter/Wasp Bountyhunter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Ftr 6/Wasp BH 5) PL 25 : IR 50
* Samato Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Buhan Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Nikado Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Sameisa Province PL 5 : IR 1

Mantis / Centipede Clan
* Isaru Province PL 5 : IR 1

Mantis / Wasp Clan
* Yoka Province PL 5 : IR 1

Kyuden Gotei (Palace Mantis) PL 6 : IR 4
Kaimentsu-uo Seido (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
Maigosera Seido (Lighthouse) PL 1 : IR 0
Kyuden Ashinagabachi (Palace Wasp) PL 7 : IR 5
Toshi no Inazuma (City of Lightning) PL 4 : IR 5

--------------------------------------

And are Clan leaders included in the Family/clan PL or do you have to add them seperately and count as extra PL besides your clan/Family PL?

And O' Creamy one, I'll be sending you a mail tomorrow with some non public questions and maybe some things I'd like your opinion on.

And the few small PL 1 villages in my countries can I claim them as extra PL or do I just have to wait for this game to start and walk into them and add them then to my list.....? If you get my drift. (This would be 10 PL in small vilages and 1 city namelijk A26 on the map)
But if you want me to start at 130 and walk into them as the first thing I do at the start of the game, fine with me =] If I can just claim them looks more complete and tidy :D

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One
And I can't find anything about a Centipede Castle of Town, does it exist? Or should I just create one =]
Answer: I'm clueless. Ask around and look around for the information, or write your own.

And creamsteak, can I start that the Clan PL and IR ratings are ON the mantis island group and not spread out over the whole damn continent?
Answer: The PL of your faction is mobile, like a military unit. I'm not sure about the IR. Let me think about it over my break.
So that the only PL that I have spread out will be the PL of the castles themselves. Else it is mighty difficult to be the Mantis clan at start if everyone chooses to charge heh, a sea in between makes that "just a bit" more difficult. So if I could start with my whole clan PL's and family PL's on my island group, would be nice. Just the Castles PL would be on the mainland then.
Answer: I don't think there is any unified goal right now. Your PL can be destributed mostly to the islands, and you will tell me that in your template you send me (remember those?).

And I'm dropping the "Lord Moons Bone and I'm creating a "more fitting" IMO artifact.
Answer: Ok.

btw what is the PL you can grant your PC if you custom create one, can you give it PL 3? Since over PL 3 is very unreal seen the setting. And are there elementals in this setting? I thought I picked that up somewhere.
According to the OA book it is possible to add elementals to any OA campaign and maintain flavor. I agree with this aspect, but I don't think they are normally in Rokugan, so I would consider it a custom addition. Also, you are right about PCs.

O' Creamy one, you might think of posting the list on the first page and updating it the whole time instead of posting it 20 times with each modification =] First 4 posts orso in a thread for the moderator and Edena style all nice together. Good for the overview and nice and clear where the info can be found.
Answer: I will be doing that from now on. I have been a bit too giddy about the IR, jumping around and moving too fast. When I get back to add a new thread, I will use the old style.

Kalanyr
Could you explain the attack defence rules please lets say me and Lord Benjarmin decide to fight.

I'm PL 3 3/9
He's PL 3 6/6

now lets say he rolls

12 12 12 for attack and I roll
12 10 13 for defence how much damage do I take 1 or 2 ? If its 2 then Attack >> Defence or you should heal with a good defence roll or something.
Well Kalanyr, if it was just you and him, and he rolls 12, 12, 12 and you roll 12, 10, 13: you successfully defended twice. He scored one point of damage. However, the minimum score to get an attack is 6, so if he had three more PL of novice guys attack you at this point, and they all roll 6's, you just got your ass handed to you. Being outnumbered by NPCs and such can be murder, because they can jump in and attack a lone NPC and hit them many times. Basically, this is why I have to limit NPCs.

Lichtenhart
Could I create the 3 wings of unicorn army as special units?
Yes, you can. Give me some kind of description of what kind of special ability you want.

Xeriar
I'm facing two cooperating Shadowlands players, one of whom wants a 100-point artifact. I cannot afford to make enemies.
Well, I wouldn't be afraid in your spot. Maybe that's because I should play a Crab. You have all the muscle and regenerative powers of clan, while the shadowlands has to feed off of thier slain opponents (though they could develop thier IR, if they want to). Just going to hint at strategy, but use castles, walls, palaces, traps (think some up), and anything that will help you really win. Maybe two or three army +1 artifacts would really make you a badass.

The Forsaken One
Hmm at PL 131 already, Creamstake could you please give PL and IR ratings to the ones with the *?* involved.
After youhave done that I'll see how I redistribute PL or how I drop soem claims to get back to 130. Thanks in advance.
Yeah, I'll get on it.

Lichtenhart
Creamsteak, the rules are OK. Now what about a honor mechanic? and what about the taint? Is it reversible?
I really need this break to answer those questions. Expect a really simple, well read, and sensible rules post coming soon.

The Forsaken One
And are Clan leaders included in the Family/clan PL or do you have to add them seperately and count as extra PL besides your clan/Family PL?
The Clan Leaders posted at the top of the list have thier own PL because they are being treated as NPCs. If you look at one of your clan families, and decide to promote that person to NPC, I will add their PL for being an NPC to the lists. Does that answer your question?

And O' Creamy one, I'll be sending you a mail tomorrow with some non public questions and maybe some things I'd like your opinion on.
Can't wait.
And the few small PL 1 villages in my countries can I claim them as extra PL or do I just have to wait for this game to start and walk into them and add them then to my list.....? If you get my drift. (This would be 10 PL in small vilages and 1 city namelijk A26 on the map)
But if you want me to start at 130 and walk into them as the first thing I do at the start of the game, fine with me =] If I can just claim them looks more complete and tidy
Lets wait and see if the PL cap gets raised. I might let it slide, but can you just keep the list of villages and wait till I get back from moving?

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I am going to open up a backup thread. This thread is where you guys need to float over to when this thread reaches 200 Posts.

The first post will always be the lists (as current as I have them). The second post will be the rules when I get back from moving. I'm going to think them over carefully for a while.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
The New Thread has the latest List, and a note in the third post concerning Artifact rolls. Serpenteyes and Darkwolf have taken a lead over everyone else now, I believe.

This is why I call it a lottery.

Rules will go in the second slot, after I get back. Everyone can keep track of stuff again, I'll just be gone. Use this thread to discuss things and ask questions. Use that thread to post claims.

Remove ads