(IRR) The Rokugan Industrial Revolution Recruiting Thread (Overun Thread)

Xeriar

First Post
Xeriar: PL = 120/150
Hida (Samurai/Hida Defender/Honor 2) Daimyo: Hida Kuroda (Male Sam 10) PL 1 : IR 1
Hiruma (Ranger/Shadow Scout/Honor 2) Daimyo: Hiruma Masagaro (Male Rng 5, Sam 2, Shadowlands Vet 5) PL 2 : IR 2
Kaiu (Samurai/Siegemaster/Honor 2) Daimyo: Kaiu Umasu (Male Sam 5, Siege 10) PL 5 : IR 8
Kuni (Shugenja/Witch Hunter/Honor 1) Daimyo: Kuni Tansho (Female Shu 18) PL 8 : IR 18
Toritaka (Fighter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Toritaka Tatsune (Male Ftr 4/Sam 2/Rng 1/Shadowlands Vet 7) PL 4 : IR 5
Crab Clan Champion: Hida Kuroda (Male Sam 10) PL 1
Kaiu Kabe (Carpenter Wall) PL 3 : IR 0
Kaiu Toge (Carpenter Pass) PL 3 : IR 0
Kyuden Hida (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
Shiro Hiruma (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Shiro Kuni (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Yasuki Yashiki (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Hida Sonoru, (Samurai 14) (No Description Available) PL 1
Oga Province PL 5 : IR 1
Kawa Sano Saigo No Kamae (River of the Last Stand) PL 1 : IR 0
Jinshin Sakana Wan (Earthquake Fish Bay) PL 3 : IR 0
Shio Senyo no Riku (Tidal Landbridge) PL 1 : IR 0
Koten (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Nishiyama (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Sunda Mizu (City) PL 3 : IR 4
Watchtower of the East (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3
Heiwa na Kaze Heigen (Quiet Wind Plane) PL 3 : IR 0
Kaiu Shiro (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Kuda (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Maemikake (Town) PL 2 : IR 3
Watchtower of the West (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3
Kiwase Province PL 5 : IR 1
Jime Province PL 5 : IR 1
Ayo Province PL 5 : IR 1
Gihazo Province PL 5 : IR 1

---

Cap of 160 for me then? Wow.

Adding the following claims:

Crab
* Doman Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Shinda Province PL 5 : IR 1

Crab/Falcon
* Himo Province PL 5 : IR 1

Far Southwest
* Aiso ni Ryokosha (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Kenkai Hanto (Lookout Peninsula) PL 1 : IR 0

Southwest
* Shiro Kaotsuki no Higashi (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
* Kakita Bogu (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Kamisori sano Yoake Shiro (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
* Zakyo (City) PL 3 : IR 4

Far SouthEast
* Higashiyama (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Yasuki Hanko (Village) PL 1 : IR 1

Last edited:

Hmmmm if anyone who knows alot about Rokugan cares to check if I got it all from mantis, would be nice thanks.

(That site with the Mon's didn't even have a nice Mantis mon :p But they had wasp lol =])

Xeriar

First Post
Astute observers will note I'm nudging up against my neighboring clans, particularly the Scorpion (wit Zakyo) and the Crane. If the people playing these want their lands back I would gladly give them up and choose something else.

But for now I like Zakyo and want some muscle to repel the evil bloodspeakers that took the most holy Shrine Bells of the Dead.

Lichtenhart

First Post
To those looking for some mon, check also this one: http://kyudenryu.tripod.com/dojo.htm with the ronin the ninja, the monkey and another one with the five rings; and this one, if you like it golden http://www.westnet.com.au/mdewar/knk.html There's even the ratling mon!
[Edit: Bad guys can't miss this site: http://www.thedragonclan.com/dojo.html There is also the Cult of Iuchiban mon!]

TFO, look at this map: http://www.westnet.com.au/mdewar/knklargemap.html

These territories are rightfully yours:
M1 Kyuden Gotei (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
M2* Inazuma (City) PL 3 : IR 4
M3* Kaimentsu-uo Seido (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
M4* Tokigogachu (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
M5* Maigosera Seido (Lighthouse) PL 1 : IR 0
M6* Kyuden Ashinagabachi (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
M7*Shaiga (Village (not on the list)) PL 1 : IR 1
M8*Tani Senshio (Valley of the Centipede (not on the list)) [This is weird: It saysit once was the home of the Centipede clan. Probably they moved but retained control of the valley.]
It looks like the Centipede clan doesn't have a home, but you could probably create one in Isaru province.

These are not properly of the Mantis, but I think nobody will question you
A15* Koeru (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
A 19* Daidoji Yukan-se (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3
A26* Koutetsukan (City) PL 3 : IR 4

Advice: the next one will pay for this work! :)

Xeriar, if you claim Nodai province you will be the lawful ruler of the Yasuki lands. Crane courtiers are going to sweat!

Last edited:

Xeriar

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
M8*Tani Senshio (Valley of the Centipede (not on the list)) [This is weird: It saysit once was the home of the Centipede clan. Probably they moved but retained control of the valley.]
It looks like the Centipede clan doesn't have a home, but you could probably create one in Isaru province.

May have something to do with the proximity of the Phoenix, and well, the Phoenix not caring about the Centipede.

They also tend to the Shrine of Osano-Wo, near Scorpion/Unicorn lands.

These are not properly of the Mantis, but I think nobody will question you
A15* Koeru (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
A 19* Daidoji Yukan-se (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3
A26* Koutetsukan (City) PL 3 : IR 4

Yukan-se (A19) is a group of debaucherous ronin trying to prove their fealty to the Crane :p

Advice: the next one will pay for this work! :)

Xeriar, if you claim Nodai province you will be the lawful ruler of the Yasuki lands. Crane courtiers are going to sweat! [/B]

I'm facing two cooperating Shadowlands players, one of whom wants a 100-point artifact. I cannot afford to make enemies.

Edit: Err, make that three.

Last edited:

Most updated claims (Thanks Lichtenheart!!)

*Unknown: Mika (Unknown Uknown?) PL ?

*Mantis Clan Champion: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 1
*Centipede Clan Leader: Moshi Juiko (Female Shugenja 17) PL 2
*Wasp Clan Champion and Leader: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Fighter 6/ Wasp Bounty Hunter 5) PL 1

Mantis Clan
* Yoritomo (Fighter/Storm Legion/Honor 2) Daimyo: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 25 : IR 50
* Moshi (Shugenja/Honor 3) Daimyo: Moshi Juiko (Female Shu 17) PL 25 : IR 50
* Tsuruchi (Fighter/Wasp Bountyhunter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Ftr 6/Wasp BH 5) PL 25 : IR 50
* Samato Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Buhan Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Nikado Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Sameisa Province PL 5 : IR 1

Mantis / Centipede Clan
* Isaru Province PL 5 : IR 1

Mantis / Wasp Clan
* Yoka Province PL 5 : IR 1

Kyuden Gotei (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4 (Is this the Mantis Palace on the islands aka Kyuden Mantis on the map?)
Inazuma (City) PL 3 : IR 4
Kaimentsu-uo Seido (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
Tokigogachu (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Maigosera Seido (Lighthouse) PL 1 : IR 0
Kyuden Ashinagabachi (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
Shaiga (Village (not on the list)) PL 1 : IR 1
Tani Senshio (Valley of the Centipede (not on the list)) PL ? : IR ?
Toshi no Inazuma (City of Lightning) PL ? : IR ? (Second largest city on the mantis Islands)
Kyuden Ashinagabachi (Wasp Clan Palace) PL ? : IR ?

Hmm at PL 131 already, Creamstake could you please give PL and IR ratings to the ones with the *?* involved.
After youhave done that I'll see how I redistribute PL or how I drop soem claims to get back to 130. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Xeriar remember that yo have successfulyl defended against them for a thousand years so the DM won't just lets them barge through in 1 turn. DM ruligns are as important and influencial as PL itself.

Heroic deeds and morale failure and entrenchement can do alot for a battle. And the appearance of heros and Artifacts will do more then just add PL or +x/+X to a role. The DM ruling of their effect will be more important then the rolls I think.

If the army seems a artifact banner appearing over the field and under it appears a fighter, a clan leader, a hero! With a massive legendary flaming sword in shining armor... you bet alot start running. These heros and the smallest display of magic is like a dream and to be feared to most warriors samurai and peasants.

DM ruligns and morale and special stuff that can be only ruled on shapes a IR far more beyond the dice rolls and the PL and modifiers. I have seen tons of high tech robots being devastated by fairies, and I have seen mountains being thrown and missed. I've seen people forge the greatest of plans and sceames and all had nothing to do with PL or dice rolls.

This war will be fought by the creativity and sceaming, not by PL and dice rolls. Believe me on that, it always starts with conventional dice rolls and battles, but the plot will thicken and people here are gonna think up the most weird stuff and especially BRILLIANT stuff, Serpenteye and Kalanyr and Black Omega and Creamstake, Sollir and me have been there and we experienced how creative and threatening wel all can be.

Prepare yourself for some badass people in this game =] They are worthy opponents and I like Sollir as Shadowlands figure, he's good at it, wish that I could be there standing with him, would suit me but alas. We'll see where the Mantis will bring me!

(Btw I'm catching on fast on this setting and plowing though ALOT of books and learning alot, so I'm up to date in like 2 days max.)

Xeriar

First Post
Re: Most updated claims (Thanks Lichtenheart!!)

The Forsaken One said:

Hmm at PL 131 already, Creamstake could you please give PL and IR ratings to the ones with the *?* involved.
After youhave done that I'll see how I redistribute PL or how I drop soem claims to get back to 130. Thanks in advance.

Kyuden Ashinagabachi is on his list, at 7:5 like all other castles

Lichtenhart

First Post
As is * [Toshi no] Inazuma (City) PL 3 : IR 4

Xeriar said:

I'm facing two cooperating Shadowlands players, one of whom wants a 100-point artifact. I cannot afford to make enemies.

Hey, that's not fair! You were actually thinking! Crabs are not not supposed to think! ;):D Thinking Crabs can be reeeaaaally dangerous. Oh well, poor shadowlands guys. :)

Creamsteak, the rules are OK. Now what about a honor mechanic? and what about the taint? Is it reversible?

Xeriar

First Post
Lichtenhart said:

Creamsteak, the rules are OK. Now what about a honor mechanic? and what about the taint? Is it reversible?

There are only three methods of removing the taint, one of reducing it, and another of alleviating it.

To alleviate the taint, one can drink jade tea, made only in a certain monestary in Crab Lands, which supresses all effects of the taint for eight hours.

To reduce the taint, the Isawa and Kuni posess a ritual that can reduce it down to one point (if you've got good shugenja on your team) for all involved in the ritual. Since it spreads the taint around the casters, its usefullness lies more in keeping things under control.

Method one of removing the taint is to allow a shugenja to purify you by fire. It is a form of suicide, but your soul returns to Jigoku pure.

Method two involves using a Jade Tear, which the Crane Clan posess. There are about two dozen of these remaining

Method three involves a strange Phoenix ritual that does not leave those that go through it the same person.

---

To avoid getting the taint, one must carry jade. Only the Crab have a solid supply, but both the Phoenix and the Unicorn have their fair share.

Remove ads