Is a short sword a light blade?

Blackeagle

First Post
prismra said:
Speaking of Rogues, what the hell is up with sneak attack?

You can only use it when you have combat advantage but the only way I can see to get it is to flank? What the hell happened to sneaking up behind a mo-fo and stabbing him in the gizzard?

In addition to flanking, a creature also grants combat advantage when it's blinded, dazed, helpless, prone (vs. melee attacks), restrained, stunned, or surprised. Not to mention the fact that a bunch of powers seem to grand combat advantage directly.

Duelpersonality

First Post
Why, thank you Scott!

Blackeagle said:
In addition to flanking, a creature also grants combat advantage when it's blinded, dazed, helpless, prone (vs. melee attacks), restrained, stunned, or surprised. Not to mention the fact that a bunch of powers seem to grand combat advantage directly.
Doesn't running grant the creature's enemies combat advantage as well?

Bagpuss

Legend
Scott_Rouse said:
Short Sword +2 prof 1d6 light blade

Dagger +3 prof 1d4 light blade

So -2 attack for +1 (avg) damage, if you switch to a short sword as a rogue. I'd stick with the short sword and look to find or make sneak attack opportunities. To hit bonus is usually better than attack bonuses.

MindWanderer

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
Short Sword +2 prof 1d6 light blade

Dagger +3 prof 1d4 light blade
Eh? So the short sword was changed after DDXP... or paladins get +1 to hit like fighters seem to. Makes it a no-brainer for rogues (+2 chance to land my sneak attack? Yes please).

I can't seem to reverse-engineer the KotS dwarf fighter, though. He has a 13 Dex and is still only +3 to hit with a thrown dagger.

Starbuck_II

First Post
Duelpersonality said:
Why, thank you Scott!

Doesn't running grant the creature's enemies combat advantage as well?
Don't forget if Rogue goes first before an enemy his class feature is he gains combat advantage against that enemy.

Remove ads