Is a short sword a light blade?

Don't forget the Rapier!!

While we get our clarified Word of God... could we also get info on the rapier? (another popular rogue weapon)

Pretty please? with spice and sugar?

Baumi

Adventurer
d6 vs d4 doesn't sound big, but when you have powers that lets you do several weapon dice damage (wheren't there some power previews with 7(w)?), then the difference between dagger and short swords increases.

Vikingkingq

Adventurer
It can get even more complicated. A Shortsword is indeed a +3 weapon, as is the Dagger - so the choice is +1 to hit versus +1 to dmg. However, you can also pick up proficiency with a Rapier with a feat, which is a light blade that does a d8 instead of a d6.

Hence, I would imagine a rogue would probably start off using daggers (for enemies who're harder to hit than normal), shortswords (for the extra damage on easier targets), and shuriken (because with the rogue weapon talent, a shuriken most likely is a d6 instead of a d4). Once you level up to get your hands on a Rapier, you'd probably still keep the shortsword for off-hand or as a spare, while the Dagger remains useful for those situations where you need every possible + to hit. Lots of weapons for the Rogue. (Did I also mention that the Scimitar is a light blade with high critical?)

ArchAnjel

First Post
prismra said:
Speaking of Rogues, what the hell is up with sneak attack?

You can only use it when you have combat advantage but the only way I can see to get it is to flank? What the hell happened to sneaking up behind a mo-fo and stabbing him in the gizzard?
Additionally, Rogues have a "First Strike" class feature granting them Combat Advantage against any creature that has not yet acted in the fight so if the rogue were to sneak up behind a mo-fo and launch an attack from surprise, the rogue would most certainly deliver sneak attack damage in the surprise round and could even follow that up with more sneak attack damage if the initiative is won.

Remove ads