• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is All Still Quiet on the SRD Front?

Rechan

Adventurer
frankthedm said:
TBH, a company can get a LOT of work done. The mechanics have to be ironed out, but with the blurbs that have been said give a decent idea on how to build a dungeon as and lay framework for the heavily populated, terrain wrecking, 4E encounters.
Yes, and we've also been told that the player's handbook is in constant flux.

Banshee16

First Post
Carnivorous_Bean said:
If this kills half the industry, WotC will smile. Just like the small presses would if they could kill WotC and take its stuff. Except that WotC has the power and the opportunity. At best, they just aren't going to give a dang what happens to the ones riding on their coat-tails; at worst, they're giggling hysterically at the thought of getting their foot firmly on the neck of the competition. :]

Which in turn could backfire in WotC's face. Many players (myself included) buy a lot of 3rd party products......I also by WotC product, but in many cases, I don't find WotC's products *good* enough to justify purchasing, in the absence of using it with 3rd party products etc.

How many players purchased the PHB from WotC in order to participate in a campaign being run using 3rd party setting? That was the whole idea of the SRD....even if it was giving business to competitors, the players still needed to buy the PHB.

Banshee

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Grymar said:
I don't keep up on the 3rd party news like I should. Who has jumped ship and to what?

Looking back, "jumped ship" was a little to strong of a phrase, but "expanded to markets that are not d20 since the 4E announcement" just doesn't have the same grab to it. But to the question:

Goodman Games is testing the waters with 1E compatable systems (OSRIC). I'm not sure exactly how long they've been doing C&C stuff, but I know they are now.
Dreamscarred Press aquired a Muntants and Masterminds licence.
Bards and Sages mentioned something about having their stats published in FATE as well as d20.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
dmccoy1693 said:
Goodman Games is testing the waters with 1E compatable systems (OSRIC). I'm not sure exactly how long they've been doing C&C stuff, but I know they are now.
They've been producing C&C and 1E materials for more than a year. They haven't jumped ship.

borc killer

First Post
I love all the people that comment on these threads like they have first hand knowledge of what is REALLY going on. Particularly between Paizo and WotC. With even the most basic research you can see the RPG sections of those companies are closely intertwined not only a professional level but a person one as well.

Don’t put your own venom in someone else’s mouth. /sigh

Ranger REG

Explorer
Hmm. Should this thread be in the OGL-L forum?

And just to refresh my memory or for the sake of my own education, when 3e was about to release, when did the 3e SRD came out? 6 months before?

frankthedm

First Post
Rechan said:
Yes, and we've also been told that the player's handbook is in constant flux.
Yes but you don't need the numbers to start building plots or arranging dungeons. They help, but modular design based on what we do have is not that hard.

Here is an encounter thast just waiting for the SRD to tell me the number of foes for a level 2 encounter and the numeric stats of break away terrain.

attachment.php

{ Public statement; feel free to use this map in any way}

Attachments

• encounter.GIF
    encounter.GIF
    9.5 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads