• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is anyone else excited about Guild Wars?

Express

First Post
Just wondering... Ive played nearly every MMORPG but get bored. World of Warcraft seems interesting, but just seems a variation on the same old theme.

Then during E3, I played in the free Guild Wars online offering.

Guild Wars actually looks different. Actual "video game" gameplay based on skill and player choices not the amount of time on the level treadmill. Single, team and competitive missions. Instanced areas, no travelling.

The game does seem to be geared to PvP gameplay, but theres no monthly fees and its developed by alot of former Blizzard employees.

Anyone else following this game?

Last edited:

Album Cover X

First Post
I read the preview of it the other day over at Gamespy... seems interesting...

And the whole free monthly fee thing grabs my attention as I haven't played a MMORPG since the glory days of Ultima Online... I just got to a point where I never felt like I spent enough time to make the money I was paying out seem worth it...

So I may pick this game up when the time comes...

LightPhoenix

First Post
I pretty much agree... I played it during E3 as well, and didn't find anything to get really excited about. I'm not a huge fan of the MMORPG genre in the first place though, so my opinion may not be worth all too much.

Remove ads