• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Is every Official Adventure Going to be about Saving the World?

Gecko85

Explorer
I want to see a series of mini-campaigns, not a 1-20. Remember the A series, the G series, the D series? T4? I5-7? That series of adventures in Dungeon set in Geoff?
I remember those well, as I still own most of them (along with the World of Greyhawk campaign setting). I plan to re-run several of those in 5e. Conversion shouldn't be difficult at all.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
I don't know about everyone else but one adventure path is enough about saving the world. Tyranny of Dragons takes PCs from first to 15th level with only one goal: Stopping the Cult of the Dragon from summoning Tiamat.

I seriously hope this is not the case with this next one but it seems like that will be the case with a name like "Princes of the Apocalypse".

Adventure Paths are awesome every once in a while but there needs to be individual adventure stories as well.
I vastly prefer small adventures. I loathe massive world saving ones, apart from when I'm playing 17+ level.

Campaign arcs or mini AP's would also be nice. I really liked the Seeds of Sehan trio of adventures in Dugeon 145-147. 3 shortish adventures (15 pages each or so) directly linked, with suggestions on how to expand them out if you want to continue the story after the third.

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
I'd like to see an adventure path that starts in Undermountain and branches out to other famous dungeons in the Realms, via Gates/Portals, with a side of Waterdeep and a visit to Skullport for variety.

Once it hits epic levels, instead of saving the world the PCs can play at being Lords of Waterdeep and perhaps doing something regarding Halaster.

There are so many dungeons in the Realms...seems a waste of resources not to use them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads