Votes: 121 75.2%
  • Game Master

Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Something else (specify)

Votes: 13 8.1%

Fast Learner

First Post
barsoomcore said:
It'll always be DM, no matter the game. It's easier to say, for one.

Huh? You find "Dee-Em" easier to say than "Jee-Em"? Or you find "Duhn-juhn-mas-tuhr" easier to say than "Gaym-mas-tuhr"?

How's it easier? :)

MythandLore

First Post
Fast Learner said:

Huh? You find "Dee-Em" easier to say than "Jee-Em"? Or you find "Duhn-juhn-mas-tuhr" easier to say than "Gaym-mas-tuhr"?

How's it easier? :)
"Jee-Em", First time I heard that come out of a guys mouth at a con ,I thought he was talking about someone named Jim, the sissy. :)

"So where's the Jim?"
"The Jim?"
"Yeah, where's the Jim? When is the game going to start?"
"The Jim?"
"Yeah, Jim... G-M? Game-Master? Get it?"
"Oooooooooh! I understand now, your a sissy boy."
"Umm... Well I am a frail goth vampire player and I don't want you to break me like a twig, so, yeah, I guess I am."

JDeMobray

First Post
MythandLore said:
"Umm... Well I am a frail goth vampire player and I don't want you to break me like a twig, so, yeah, I guess I am."

Yay :D Lol.

Anyway, yes, it is always "DM" in D&D.

Dee-Em would also be a fairly passable name for a Kryptonian.

Whereas Gee-Em sounds like a Kryptonians pet goldfish.

d20Gurus.com

First Post
hrmm...

DM in my group, all the way.

This current conversation reminds me of how we talk about drow.

If the drow is being roleplayed true to form, and isn't being gimped out badly, we pronounce it as it is supposed to be (how now, dark drow), but if someone wants to play a chatoric good drow ranger named Drizzt Do'Eagan(seriously), then we use the gimped pronunciation (eat crow, dark drow).

Its a pretty good distinction, much like the "sissy" GM.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Listen here all you uniform conforming hacks. It is GM, yea baby, I said GM. Nobody else who voted for GM had the guts to post it LOUD and post it PROUD. GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM

I can picture you little sissies dancing around in your too toos "Look at me, I am a pretty DM" (which if figure is just short for dumb)

GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM

Skywalker

Adventurer
Well I voted for something else as my most commonly played games Tribe 8 and Blue Planet use Weaver and Moderator repsectively.

The name is not that important but if I had a preference it would be GM as I find it more neutral and less game specific. I hate it when a game comes along and has to make its own stamp by renaming the GM something like DM :)

My personal favourite would probably be The Hollyhock God from Nobilis or Eminence Grise in Agone as they are both IC and OOC terms.

Remove ads