• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is it possible to make Mithral Full Plate Light?

Bagpuss

Legend
Klaus said:
For those who want to waltz about in full plate, the elven PrClass Champion of Corellon Larethian (RoWild) offers the ability to move at full speed (and even Spring Attack) in medium armor.

As does the Knight class from PHBII, although it still counts as the actual armour type.

Diomeneus

First Post
I wouldn't even care if it was RAW (which it isn't) I would never allow anything to be made out of the same material twice.

... just ... no...

Meeki

First Post
Mithral threaded padded armor anyone?

I don't know of any way to make full plate light armor without a prestige class. On top of that I frown on people doing that and my frown is fairly heavy so it puts them in heavy load.

glass

(he, him)
Klaus said:
Twilight reduces the Arcane Spell Failure.
Something else then? Or did I imagine it?

Either way, Half-weight still works at the cost of a +3 bonus equivalent. The armour doesn't even need to be mithral.

glass.

brezniew

First Post
Ah, but I'm not making armor out of more than one special material. I'm making armor out of the same special material twice.

So, since you want to apply the same material twice, you gain only one mithral bonus (no same bonuses stack) and on top of that since you use twice the weight of the material, 2*1/2=1 so it is still considered heavy because of its weight. You lose. Good day sir.

doghead

thotd
You could make it mithral mithral full plate. Just apply the mithral modification twice.

So mithral full plate is medium armor, +8 AC, 10,500 gp, armor check -3, max dex +3, spell failure 25%.

Mithral mithral full plate is light armor, +8 AC, 14,500 gp, armor check -0, max dex +5, spell failure 15%.

I don't believe you can actually do this:

Based on this "Mithral Mithral Full Plate" would get the benefit of Mithral or Mithral, not both.

Ah, but I'm not making armor out of more than one special material. I'm making armor out of the same special material twice.

LOL. Which makes it twice as funny.

thotd

Remove ads