D&D (2024) Is Magical Cunning enough? (Warlock P7)

Remathilis

Legend
It is a possible solution, but I don't know whether it would be too similar to daily spell slots to be accepted.

I definitely don't see a problem with increasing the Warlock's overall number of spell slots by like 1 or two.
The problem is that daily spell slots are multiplier, not additional. At level 7, 3 slots per day becomes, 6, 9, 12 or more depending on how freely you can take SR.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
We were talking about doing it like channel divinity is now with more slots to start with but only regaining 1 per short rest.
I’m pretty convinced at this point that this is the solution likely to satisfy the greatest number of players. Seems like people on either side of the short rest divide think it’d be a good change, so why not? I advise everyone to suggest this in the survey.

ChameleonX

Explorer
The problem is that daily spell slots are multiplier, not additional. At level 7, 3 slots per day becomes, 6, 9, 12 or more depending on how freely you can take SR.

Okay, how about this?

• Spell slots scale like PB (6 max)
  • Get all slots back on a short rest.
  • Short Rest is capped to 2/day.
  • Magical Cunning gives you all of your spell slots back, but the LEVEL of those slots is reduced by half (minimum 1), rounded down.
  • Eldritch Master now gives you one 3rd-level spell slot each time you roll initiative and don't have any spell slots left.

How's that?

Remathilis

Legend
Okay, how about this?

• Spell slots scale like PB (6 max)
  • Get all slots back on a short rest.
  • Short Rest is capped to 2/day.
  • Magical Cunning gives you all of your spell slots back, but the LEVEL of those slots is reduced by half (minimum 1), rounded down.
  • Eldritch Master now gives you one 3rd-level spell slot each time you roll initiative and don't have any spell slots left.

How's that?

How about:

Spell slots like PB
A Short rest recovers one expended spell slot
Magical Cunning allows you to gain a spell slot back as per SR in one minutes, 2/day.
EM gives 1 spell slot when you roll initiative and have no spells slots.

How about:

Spell slots like PB
A Short rest recovers one expended spell slot
Magical Cunning allows you to gain a spell slot back as per SR in one minutes, 2/day.
EM gives 1 spell slot when you roll initiative and have no spells slots.
How about:
  • Pact Spell slots = Proficiency Bonus (2 to 6 slots at a time)
  • Pact Spells recharge with 1-hour Short Rests, except Short Rests are limited to 2x/day (Which caps at 18 level 5 Pact spells per day.)
  • Magical Cunning functionality goes away because the Warlock has more Pact Spell slots. Replace it with a different, interesting ability.
  • Eldritch Master lets you recharge up to 3 Pact Spell slots when you roll initiative (can't go over 6 at a time), 1x/day

Remove ads