• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is The Orc and The Pie a well-designed adventure module?

Is The Orc and The Pie a well-designed adventure module?

• Yes

Votes: 136 76.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 5.6%

Jdvn1 said:
It needs to be streamlined more. Polymorph the Orc into a pie.
You just opened up a can of worms there.

In the new new errata for polymorph, this will give the Orc the name "pie," the caloric value and aroma of a pie, the general appearance of a pie, the HD of the baker who made the pie, and the natural attacks of a clown or student protestor (that is, a pie), while retaining the type "orc." Some other pie elsewhere will then take on the movement forms and special qualities of an orc, without actually being an orc, except on Tuesdays.

johnsemlak

First Post
I'm going to confess I only relatively recently heard of this module. Can someone fill me in on when this 'module' was created, originally run, and what sort of purpose it originally had?

It seems ot me to be the inverted opposite of the module Tomb of Horrors.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
johnsemlak said:
I'm going to confess I only relatively recently heard of this module. Can someone fill me in on when this 'module' was created, originally run, and what sort of purpose it originally had?

It seems ot me to be the inverted opposite of the module Tomb of Horrors.
Click the link in the first post. ;)

Sejs

First Post
Nomad4life said:
I once thought about writing a techno-thriller called “Orc & Pi” but then passed my sanity check and didn’t.

C'mon, that'd be awesome! Add in a group of clerics that believes the pie is the secret to unlocking the true name of god and you're set!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Mark Hope said:
Or maybe it's not a room - maybe it's a field or a tent or a gazebo.

Mark Hope said GAZEBO!!

What a rat bast@rd DM - Gazebo and Pie is a guanranteed TPK

Gazebo's are broken

The_Gneech

Explorer
I agree that 3.0 gazebos were broken, but they totally got nerfed with 3.5.

My suggestion would be to add the psuedonatural template to the gazebo and advance it by 2 HD. Or maybe just give it a level of fighter.

-The Gneech :cool:

Glyfair

Explorer
Raven Crowking said:
Are you sure you DMed this? And are recollecting the adventure correctly? I'm converting it to 3e right now, and I just don't agree with several of your assessments.
Yeah, and when are we going to get the treasure breakdown of this?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads