Is the Story Hour Forum on Life Support?

Do you think the story hour forum is better or worse than it was one year ago?

• Better. There's plenty of authors around here who can dance with the Big Names!

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Worse. I remember when I was your age, these story hours will filled with excitment!

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • About the same. Some better, some worse.

Votes: 52 50.5%
  • I wasn't visiting here a year ago, so I have no idea.

Votes: 17 16.5%

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Not having read all the posts in this thread, I would like to say that I think things are just fine. I have enjoyed, now that we have a speedy server, checking out some older, longer story hours (Old One's Faded Glory story hour was great, but before the server update it was painful searching through page after page of comments looking for the next update). And I have found some new ones that are great - I'm really enjoying Alsih2o's new story hour. Unfortunately for me work has begun to interfere with my reading story hours (I think I may have lost a couple of levels of Procrastinator). I think the presence of the "big name" story hours have led to an increase in the number of well written story hours, as well as an increase in some people who want to try, but have not managed to achieve the same level of writing. They may or may not get there with time. I can think of a couple of "big name" story hours that were not written all that well to start, but became progressively better as they kept at it and got feedback from readers.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Personally, I think the Story Hour Forum has never been healthier. There are stories and better stories than when I first started reading them, back when Wulf and Piratecat's Story Hours were new. Is having lots of stories for different tastes a bad thing? If some authors are spending more time playing their games than writing them, well that's OK, too.

(contact)

Explorer
I'm not sure I'm following this thread. Is "Story Hour" a forum on these boards? For stories? About D&D? Isn't that kind of weird? If I wanted to write one, who do I have to get permission from?

WizarDru

Adventurer
(contact) said:
I'm not sure I'm following this thread. Is "Story Hour" a forum on these boards? For stories? About D&D? Isn't that kind of weird? If I wanted to write one, who do I have to get permission from?

Oh, no you don't, mister. Everybody already knows this whole Story Hour thing is your fault.
It's a little late to try and play innocent now. :)

Enkhidu

Explorer
(contact) said:

I'm glad you asked. Once you pay your Story Hour fee (three easy payments of 14.95 - if you send it to me I can take care of all the paperwork for you), you can start your thread. I think they've got a two for one deal going right now, but you'd better act soon. Supplies are limited.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
(contact) said:

Yes, story hour is a forum on this board... A forum you happen to be posting in right now. As for writing your own story, sure no problem, just make a new thread in this forum and you should be good to go. :)

Remove ads