Level Up (A5E) Is there an archetype for spellcasters that focuses on wand/staff/rod use?

I noticed that with the various GPGs and 3PP products we have an incredible list of archetypes (probably many more I'd ever need), some of which have new mechanics (combat maneuvers) that employ equipment in new ways.
I'm wondering though if this is a design niche that hasn't been covered yet: it could be a fun idea to have a "blaster" wizard that can overchannel wands of lightning or do other cool stuff with those magic items (use two wands in a single action for combined effects, or similar)

xiphumor

Legend
I noticed that with the various GPGs and 3PP products we have an incredible list of archetypes (probably many more I'd ever need), some of which have new mechanics (combat maneuvers) that employ equipment in new ways.
I'm wondering though if this is a design niche that hasn't been covered yet: it could be a fun idea to have a "blaster" wizard that can overchannel wands of lightning or do other cool stuff with those magic items (use two wands in a single action for combined effects, or similar)
I believe there’s an artificer of that ilk coming to the GPG, but it’s probably some time before it’s published.

Remove ads