• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is there anything else on other familiars (especially ferrets)?

Denaes

First Post
I prefer actual D&D info, but might be able to get some 3rd party stuff by my GM.

For the time being I'm using a Weasel animal for stats. They're the closest from what I can find to what a Ferret would be.

Also stats on what a Familiar Ferret would give would be helpful as well.

Also next level, I get my second level of Changling Wizard Alternate Level, which lets me shift my Familiar inbetween different animal forms, so other Familiar bonuses might be useful. All I think think of is that Arcane book, but I can't check that out until Friday.

Any help for Slinky the ferret will be appreciated :)

Thurbane

First Post
Weasel and ferrets are pretty closely related members of the family Mustelidae - weasel stats should be fine. In fact, weasel could cover for stoat, mongoose etc.

starwed

First Post
The weasel stats even state that they cover ferrets.

That said, you could certainly come up with an alternate benefit for a ferret. Maybe a +3 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks? (Ferret's certainly like to "borrow" stuff. ^_^)

kirinke

First Post
Heh. You could also go with a +3 bonus to Bluff and or Diplomacy. Cuz ferrets are really cute when they do 'borrow stuff'.

Moab2

First Post
Tome and Blood for 3E listed the ferret as a possible familiar for small characters. If I remember right, the benefit was the same as the weasel's. (As an aside, does anyone see any reason why a medium-sized character couldn't select one from that list? The hedgehog made a great familiar.)

Remove ads