• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is There Much Age Difference In Your RPGing Group?

Is There Much Age Difference In Your RPGing Group?

• Yes

Votes: 180 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 155 46.3%

Kid Socrates

First Post
I'm the youngest at 24, we have three people at 25, and one player at 29. So no, not a big difference.

Even back in high school, we never had more than a three year age difference (one freshman in the game dominated by seniors).

Lord Ipplepop

First Post
Our group runs with the following ages:
10, 12, 12, 12, 17, 25, 26, 26, 30 ,34, 40.

Normally, we don't have everyone playing at the same time, sue to work and school schedules; however, these are the members that consistantly play.

To make matters even stranger, we also have in our group:
3 professional wrestlers
3 factory workers
1 former rock star
1 published author
Yes, there are over-laps, but it just goes to show how strange things can happen to the strangest of people.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Yes, my group has a wide age range. One of the things that I like about gaming as a hobby is that you can bring together a very diverse crowd of people.

Galethorn

First Post
No, as of now.

Mean Age: 18
Median Age: 18
Mode Age: 18
Range: 6

One 15-year-old, me (18), one other 18-year-old, and one 21-year-old. That said, we may have another 21-year-old in the group soon, and the other 18-year-old has his birthday in August (mine being in October)...resulting in...

Mean Age: 18.8
Median Age: 19
Mode Age: N/A
Range: 6

I voted no. My current group spans ages 25 to 35.

The last group spanned ages 15 to 32. The group before that spanned ages 8 to 30. That 8-year-old kid was one of the best, most innovative, and funniest players I've ever gamed with. :) My own children, the eldest of which is 5, are starting to ask about playing the "dice game," as they call it.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
There's a twenty year span from youngest to oldest. It doesn't seem large though, from where I sit in the middle of it.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Not yet, but that will change. Back when our group got going we were all in college and in our late teens and early twenties. A member joined who was a decade older, which back then was a bit of a generation gap. Twenty years later he's still gaming with us, but for all practical purposes we're now the same age. In a few years his daughter and my daughter will probably be joining the gaming group, at which point there will be an age difference.

Panthanas

Explorer
My group, when we actually meet, ranges from 24 to 32, so not that big of a gap.

As an aside, I have to say: Crimminy!! I barely have time for one game and to see so many people playing in more than one campaign causes me some jealousy :) To those that are able to do so, I salute you! :D

Remove ads